Ratings for Dr. Jennifer R. Caplan

We moved from Arizona recently but I want to leave with behind some help for other parents seeking a REALLY GOOD physician for their children. We have been to see several doctors at NSPEDS, but we chose Dr. Caplan as our personal doctor. She listens. She understands. I think the fact that she has young children (and is involved with their lives) allows her to be empathetic. I sought to find a doctor who would approach my daughter and make her feel comfortable seeing the doctor. (We had some bad experiences with other physicians at another office.) We wanted a very calming, non-stressful visit to the doctor's office. Every time we saw Dr. Caplan, she asked my daughter questions, and the doctor listened and acknowledged her responses. With our second newborn, she handled her beautifully and never made me feel funny about nursing her, nor gave me a hard time about it. I appreciate that. She is the one I would, and have, told my best friend to take her children to see. I hope that this helps you!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

This doctor is very condescending. I am a first time mom, and my baby was always unhappy with the formula Dr. Caplan recomended. I let her know that my baby was always fussy and gassy and she never bother to check if the baby had any sort of alergy to the formula. Instead, she insisted that it was normal gas and that they baby was going to be ok. After 4 moths of suffering I finally got a second opion and swithched to a new formula and my baby is doing a lot better. Dr. Caplan doesn't care about her patients specially if you take your child too many times for the same reason.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

My husband and I could not be more thrilled to have Dr. Caplan for our son's pediatrician. After doing many interviews throughout the pregnancy we knew right away we found the Doctor we were looking for when we met her. Dr. Caplan is kind, compassionate & always takes a lot of time to answer our questions, which we really appreciate since this is our first child. I always leave appointments feeling very confidant that my son is in good hands. While doing other interviews with pediatricians, I found that many doctor's give the standard textbook response to every question a new parent might have no matter what the circumstance...however what I loved about Dr. Caplan is that she takes everything into consideration & provides personalized responses that are reflective of the fact that she is a very intelligent doctor who does her research and stays up to date on every issue. We could not be happier with her and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fantastic pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Rarely do you get to see her as she's often too busy. You usually get stuck seeing a nurse practitioner instead when you'd rather see a doctor. I get frustrated that she seems to ask her questions based on using a computer program rather than having the usual confidence and interaction one would expect of such an experienced doctor. I was shocked that they have violent video games in their lobby for kids to play with while waiting for the doctor. I had to tell my child that they'd instead have to watch a video. You'd expect more from pediatricians.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Jennifer R. Caplan's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 2000)