Ratings for Dr. Latha Naik

The whole experience feels like a scam. If someone told me that she wasn't actually a doctor, I would believe it. I waited a long time to see her, and she was a joke. I filled out some sheets when I arrived and was then directed into the room. Some "janitor" walked in while I was in the room and started cleaning out the bins. Awhile after, she walked it. She was late. She then started to talk to me, but then told me to "hold on." She left to grab coffee and a snack. She continued to eat while she spoke to me. She finally felt a few joints, made a quick conclusion, and handed me some unrelated pamphlets. I asked what the pamphlets had to do with the diagnosis, and she replied that "all things are related." I left in disbelief. A few weeks passed, and my doctor hadn't received anything from her. I called her office, and the secretary kept insisting that I pay a lofty price to get copies of the report sent to my doctor. I said that was unacceptable and that I was coming to the office to speak with them. Once I arrived, she locked the door and left early. I was in utter shock. I left and never went back.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

WASTE OF MY F.....G TIME!!!!! First off she was half an hour late to my appointment. And Two I Told her about my eleven years worth of pain and symptoms, yet in the in end she decided it must be the most simplest of reasons after I told her about my sleep issues and depression that's all she could think about. Even after I told her antidepressants don't help me, that my depression is not a cause of this, but a symptom, that it's actually been better the last few months, she gave me one anyway, one that is supposed to help me sleep at night. ALL I DO IS SLEEP!!!! From one person who's been searching for an answer her entire life, DO NOT GO! She is just another sad excuse for a doctor. PLEASE DO NOT GO! No one deserves to feel like they are crazy. I'm depressed because I have to deal with bull s... doctors who tell me I'm fine when I'm not! SPARE YOURSELF THE PAIN AND REGRET PLEASE!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

I am a fellow physician and have interracted with her on a professional level. She is without a doubt the worst rheumatologist currently practicing in this province and I seriously question whether she should be allowed to do so. Patients are unfortunately not always aware of how inept their physicians are, and so to them I offer a strong suggestion to find another rheumatologist, even if you think you have been treated well by her.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

you are the best rheumatologist I have seen so far

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Naik for more than 3 yrs and yes she can be a bit rough around the edges but has worked as she should to provide me with the best arthritis drugs for me even though 4 of them didn't work well. She is easy to get along with in my opinion and we ALWAYS have a laugh. Maybe that is the difference . Ultimately my R A is under good control.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I am a healthcare professional and I faxed Dr. Naik on behalf of one of my 90 year old patients. Dr. Naik prescribed a medication for this patient's arthritis but it interacted severely with her other medications. I wrote a professional fax to Dr. Naik and offered an alternative medication that would interact less with her other medications. Dr. Naik simply replied with an "ok" and did not provide any direction as to what I or the patient should do. So, the patient simply went without any treatment other than cortisone shots from her family doctor. Two and a half months later, Dr. Naik called me about this fax and in a very condescending manner told me that I was out of line by providing a suggestion for a safer alternative for our mutual patient. She told me that she was the one who went to school for many years. I informed her that pharmacists actually go to school for at least five years and that we are actually the drug and drug interaction specialists. I think she should have been glad that I prevented our mutual patient from taking a medication that could have lethally interacted with her other medications. In other situations such as this with other doctors those doctors are actually thankful that we collaborate with them and help find treatments for our patients that will be effective and SAFE. I do not recommend Dr. Naik to anyone. It would be much better for anyone to see doctors who are more current with how they practice and who believe in inter professional collaboration. This patient's caregiver was very grateful that I contacted Dr. Naik and had their best interest in mind - something that was clearly lacking from Dr. Naik.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Terrible experience. Was told rudely the last 2 years of trying to find out what was wrong with me was the Arthritis. Then, when scheduled for a steroid injection, she asked as I walked in where I was to be injected (Like WTF). Upon injecting me, she went in too deep and hit something (nerve or bone) and I was in agony for 3 days afterwards. Worst doctor experience ever and I have absolutely no faith in her ability to treat me, so I'm searching for another doctor. I would rather suffer than deal with this terrible medical treatment.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Quick, rude and doesn't listen. Cut me off as I was explaining things, and was so overbooked when I went in for my cortisone injection Sha had to ask me where she was doing the injection. But to beat all, during the injection she went too deep and hit something. She knew it, I could see by her expression. So for the last week my arm has hurt more than before going in. It is just now at day 10 starting to feel better. I have absolutely no faith in this doctor whatsoever.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Naik, Thank you for helping and caring for me. You have gone above and beyond for me andI am so grateful for all you have done. I appreciate the time you take during my appointments. Your caring nature allows you to be very concerned about my health problems and search for new solutions to help me. I am so thankful for the compassion you showed me. You are doing a great job!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I was extremely happy to see this nice doctor. She is very caring and compassionate. I was very pleased with her diagnosis. I have been suffering from chronic pain for many years and have seen many specialists. Dr. Naik made the correct diagnosis for me. She diagnosed this Schleroderma and am so happy, all my pain is gone now. I highly recommend her. She was very punctual. When my family physician called her to book an appointment for me, she was able to accommodate me by finding time to see me within a few days even though she was very busy.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015