Ratings for Dr. Latha Naik

you are the best rheumatologist I have seen so far

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Naik for more than 3 yrs and yes she can be a bit rough around the edges but has worked as she should to provide me with the best arthritis drugs for me even though 4 of them didn't work well. She is easy to get along with in my opinion and we ALWAYS have a laugh. Maybe that is the difference . Ultimately my R A is under good control.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I am a healthcare professional and I faxed Dr. Naik on behalf of one of my 90 year old patients. Dr. Naik prescribed a medication for this patient's arthritis but it interacted severely with her other medications. I wrote a professional fax to Dr. Naik and offered an alternative medication that would interact less with her other medications. Dr. Naik simply replied with an "ok" and did not provide any direction as to what I or the patient should do. So, the patient simply went without any treatment other than cortisone shots from her family doctor. Two and a half months later, Dr. Naik called me about this fax and in a very condescending manner told me that I was out of line by providing a suggestion for a safer alternative for our mutual patient. She told me that she was the one who went to school for many years. I informed her that pharmacists actually go to school for at least five years and that we are actually the drug and drug interaction specialists. I think she should have been glad that I prevented our mutual patient from taking a medication that could have lethally interacted with her other medications. In other situations such as this with other doctors those doctors are actually thankful that we collaborate with them and help find treatments for our patients that will be effective and SAFE. I do not recommend Dr. Naik to anyone. It would be much better for anyone to see doctors who are more current with how they practice and who believe in inter professional collaboration. This patient's caregiver was very grateful that I contacted Dr. Naik and had their best interest in mind - something that was clearly lacking from Dr. Naik.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Terrible experience. Was told rudely the last 2 years of trying to find out what was wrong with me was the Arthritis. Then, when scheduled for a steroid injection, she asked as I walked in where I was to be injected (Like WTF). Upon injecting me, she went in too deep and hit something (nerve or bone) and I was in agony for 3 days afterwards. Worst doctor experience ever and I have absolutely no faith in her ability to treat me, so I'm searching for another doctor. I would rather suffer than deal with this terrible medical treatment.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Quick, rude and doesn't listen. Cut me off as I was explaining things, and was so overbooked when I went in for my cortisone injection Sha had to ask me where she was doing the injection. But to beat all, during the injection she went too deep and hit something. She knew it, I could see by her expression. So for the last week my arm has hurt more than before going in. It is just now at day 10 starting to feel better. I have absolutely no faith in this doctor whatsoever.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Naik, Thank you for helping and caring for me. You have gone above and beyond for me andI am so grateful for all you have done. I appreciate the time you take during my appointments. Your caring nature allows you to be very concerned about my health problems and search for new solutions to help me. I am so thankful for the compassion you showed me. You are doing a great job!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I was extremely happy to see this nice doctor. She is very caring and compassionate. I was very pleased with her diagnosis. I have been suffering from chronic pain for many years and have seen many specialists. Dr. Naik made the correct diagnosis for me. She diagnosed this Schleroderma and am so happy, all my pain is gone now. I highly recommend her. She was very punctual. When my family physician called her to book an appointment for me, she was able to accommodate me by finding time to see me within a few days even though she was very busy.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Does not have an answer for anything, cancelled my appointment(after waiting 3 1/2 months), told to come in in a 2 hour window for a cortisone injection,if not I will be away away for weeks. Have not been called at all for re-booking. Everything that needs to be done "will hurt" After 3 years my pain level is very high, does want to do anything except pump pills..do not want. I also had a injection from her, w/students present to show it is done., in my shoulder...after, "I hope to never see you again(laugh's from her), she was also supposed to do my knee first & forgot. Also no information at all after the shot,( I did ask for a sheet, nothing given, went home called the Health Line for advice. "Go to the Emergency in your location. If you have to see her, sorry, find someone else.(I did call & leave a message...your fired & the College of Physicians are next . Most I have read is the same, not worth your wasting time, health is more important ...simple as that , crappy DR's have to go

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

after reading all the comment on this site about this dr. why is she in practice - I will be taking this further. As a new patient I was in her office for less than 5 min. - my son didn't even have time to park the car. I have been suffering for 15 - 20 years with chronic pain and she left me feeling mistreated and hurt. She told me it was not Rheumatoid arthritis that I DID NOT NEED TO SEE HER althought my family nurse practitioner referred me. She told me in no uncertain terms I was fat and need to sleep - I could have told her that - I am fat and I do need to sleep BUT I have been struggling with this for many years. She took no notes, she did not physically examine me - she wanted to take my BP but couldn't find her cuff so she didn't take it. She told me if I could not sleep at night and I woke with pain and stiffness to DANCE!!!!!! I have been suffering from depression for many years and my time with her sent me over the edge. I am glad that I can separate the idiots and carry on. I recommend that no one sees her and she should not be able to practice

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr.Naik is one of a kind. I have never been so disrespect by a doctor. Due to my doctor being on leave I was left with no other choice. I walked out on the appointment as she felt it was more important to talk with another doctor on the phone and talk about a patient where as I know about this Amandas history. Dr.naik also lied in her letter to my gp. Tomorrow I go and see her since I have no other choice and will be confronting her on all of this, I am also recording the appointment. I have recieved the form to file a complaint about her to the college of physicians.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015