Ratings for Dr. Catherine Dewar

Any patient who is fortunate enough to be referred to this amazing physician and human being for their medical needs, is blessed indeed. It was instantly clear that Dr. Dewar saw me fully as a human being first, as she took so much time to inquire about ME, not just my condition. This inquiry was conducted with great compassion and humanity, a wonderful sense of humour and curiosity. I actually felt sad to end the appointment, as I knew I had just experienced a connection with a skilled, empathic and exceptionally knowledgeable, evolved and feisty woman. (From one Kathryn to another.)

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

A very professional doctor. The best I have ever met.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I feel very fortunate to be a patient of this wonderful doctor .Her patience, knowledge and advice has enabled me to live a much better life.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

North Vancouver is so lucky to have a physician as compassionate, as qualified and as skilled as Dr. Dewar. She is incredibly thorough and takes her time to understand the full picture. I feel extremely lucky to have become her patient.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I have been treated by Dr Dewar for a number of years. She is the most professional member of the medical community I have encountered over a number of years of health issues. She does not restrict herself to areas of her immediate expertise, if she suspects that a patient has another issue she does not hesitate to refer the patient to another specialist with expertise in that area. She does not suffer fools gladly and when I did not follow up with another doctor I felt the sharp edges of her tongue! Thank goodness for the Dr. Dewar's of this world.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

She is one the best doctors in the world. She is kind and caring and devoted to her pationts.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I have seen Dr. Dewar twice over the past month and the experience has been exceptional. She reviewed my test results before my first appointment and requested additional testing so that she had all the information she needed. She took the time to listen and asked dozens of questions needed to accurately assess my condition. She has since referred me to other specialists that she believes can help my situation and will be monitoring my progress. I have never felt such genuine concern or experienced such integrity with a medical professional.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Dewer for many years and have always been treated with utmost respect. I am appreciative of her proactive, knowledgeable approach to my condition. She always listens and never hesitates to refer me to other specialists when needed. Her office is the epitome of efficiency. I've never waited more than 5 min. for my appointment. Other doctors should take lessons!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

After discussing my aches and concerns with Dr. Dewar, she ordered some tests and X-rays which resulted in a diagnosis of lung cancer. I was operated on and survived. By her promptness and professionalism, Dr. Dewar saved my life. Her office is pleasant, relaxing and in a central location in North Vancouver. Results of X-rays, scans, etc. are relayed to you quickly which helps with any anxiety you may have. I have Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome and look to her for good advice which is always there. Dr. Dewar is kind and compassionate and explains medical situations in laymen's terms so that when you leave the office you know you are in good hands and going forward with constructive solutions. I highly recommend Dr. Dewar for excellence in her field.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Dewar is an excellent doctor, she always takes the time to explain things thoroughly and is very knowledgeable. I consider myself fortunate to be under her professional care. If I might respond to the post below, Dr Dewar gave a similar diagnosis to a friend of mine and saved her life, she recognized something others had missed. My friend is alive today because of Dr Dewar's excellent diagnostic skills.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013