Ratings for Dr. Martin B. Engelhardt

Best in his field. Highly recommend this internist. Very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Inconsiderate staff, no regards for timing and concern. FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR !!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Engelhardt for many years. He is the most warmest and kindness doctor I know. The new location in New Rochelle is awesome. The office is extremely busy, however, his staff are professional and courteous. I feel that Dr. Engelhardt is very thorough and a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Engelhardt for years and always thought he was a great physician until my last visit. I saw him for a mild sinus infection and instead of prescribing the lowest possible dose of antibiotics, he prescribed the maximum dose which sent me to the ER on two separate occasions and a neurologist with all the signs and symptoms of a stroke. Considering my history of acid reflux and mild sinus symptoms, he should have known better than to prescribe such a high dose. When I contacted him to let him know I was not feeling well while on the antibiotic, he did not tell me to discontinue taking them but simply told me to go to urgent care or see a specialist. He was very dismissive and apathetic when I followed up with and told him about my horrific ordeal. A week after discontinuing the antibiotics I am feeling worse than I did on my initial visit which will also be my last.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Terrible on follow up. If you ask the women at the desk to have the doctor call you - you will NEVER get a call. Dr. Engelhardt went on vacation and I had to use another doctor in the office. He said for me to call him if my symptoms worsened. I DID! Following day I called 3x kindly asking if he could call me back because I felt worse and I needed test results back. I ended up in the emergency room the following morning. I was supposed to get results back Friday.. I didn't get a voicemail until Tuesday. Total disgrace. This office NEVER calls when they need to call. I don't recommend their services. If your doctor isn't available via email or phone then he/she is wortless.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

I think everyone should know what Dr. Martin Engelhardt did. I called expressing concern about a possible condition my husband was showing signs of and requested that during his scheduled appointment he pay attention to possible signs of the condition I was concerned with. It was a very sensitive matter and I found out, through my husbands complete outrage, that this doctor point blank told the patient that I called and what my concerns were. He is completely unethical and his behavior was unforgivable. Although I am not his patient, and will NEVER be, what use is a doctor that can not be trusted. DO NOT share any sensitive information with this man, he is a disgrace to the medical profession and he should be brought up for a review for disregarding confidentiality ethics. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

The staff is rude and disorganized-will not let you see the doctor if you are late yet my wait was 45 minutes so clearly not respectful of patient time. Requires payment prior to seeing dcotor and discriminates against uninsured. Cannot get an appointment for over a month. Doctor charged for a visit and spent just 3 minutes with me awith no exam fter a 45 minute wait. This guys in it for the money ONLY

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

Dr. Englehardt is the best Doctor I've ever been to. He is caring and extremely knowledgeable. He returns your phone calls and makes you feel at ease. He has helped me thru rather difficult times and I trust him to no end.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

dr. engelhardt is the best ever ...he saved my life!!!!I will follow him anywhere!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

very good doctor!! he's very comforting and stays calm, i can talk to him about anything and not feel awkward!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

Dr. Martin B. Engelhardt's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Aetna Life Insurance Company