Ratings for Dr. Xiang Gao

Dr. Gao was covering for a Baptist Oncologist and I saw him for my first visit for radiation therapy. Everything he told me was incorrect. I had 2 witness in the room with me. He sent me to a surgeon that said I should have never been sent there. He gave me horrible sernios for my treatments for 1 lymph node. He said the surgeon would need to cut my chest open and remove the lymph node and then I would have radiation. I told him I did not believe this and asked him if I just had radiation and he told me it would have to be such a strong dose that it would damage my lungs and he told me they would have to do radiation on half my chest. When the regular Oncolgist come back he disputed all these treatments. Every sernerio he gave me was horrible. I gave up on my life for the first time with the incorrect information from Dr. Gao. I never want to see this Dr. again. He charged me $478.00 for giving me all the wrong information. This is not right and I would never recomment him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr Gao is wonderful. He was always available for questions or concerns. He is profesional and took his time with me. His staff were courteous and very compassionate. They seem to have a lot of respect for him as do I. I wish all doctors were like him!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

Dr. Gao is dishonest and incompetent. He lied to me about the risks and side effects of my treatment. I had read a lot about negative effects of the radiation treatments that I received. I was very concerned, and asked Dr. Gao several times about the potential risks. He assured me that there would be no negative effects of the "small dosages" that I would receive. During my treatments and following completion of my treatments, I experienced negative effects (some of the side effects that I had read about that Dr. Gao had assured me would not occur with the treatment I was receiving)both within the targeted treatment area and beyond the targeted treatment area. I reported him to the State Medical Board, and in a letter to the board, Dr. Gao lied again, stating that he had explained all the risks to me. What a liar! Now I have to live with the damage that Dr. Gao has caused for the rest of my life, and from what I have read, it will likely worsen over time.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr. Xiang Gao's Credentials

• Fujian Med Coll, Fuzhou, Fujian Prov, China (242-33 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1995)

GHI