Ratings for Dr. Stephen A. Tranchina

This doctor was my late father in law's long time physician. My husband decided to use him as his practitioner last year. In the interim he lost his job and health insurance. I found that simple requests such as renewing prescriptions required multiple calls from myself and the pharmacy. Last week after another such request, the pharmacy told me that this office advised us to make "other arrangements" regarding health care. In other words, without insurance, we will not be money makers for this practice and all of the procedures they want to bill the insurance companies. Just when my husband needs to address his health issues while under extreme stress for many reasons, he got kicked to the curb for the almighty dollar. I now know that this Dr. is not the humane healer he signed up to be upon leaving medical school. It is so sad where greed will lead people.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Tranchina for over 20 years. He is a great Dr., explains to you problems and results of exams. You can't have a more caring Dr. in Long Island.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

DR.TRANCHNIA IS ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST INTERESTS YOU CAN FIND ON LONG ISLAND.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Doesn't attend to his patients who are seniors. Be careful if you're over 65--he won't take care of you the way you need to.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Wonderful doctor good listener & very caring. Very nice staff.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Dr. Stephen A. Tranchina's Credentials

• Spanish

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1983)