Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Berger

This doctor is not just rude and demeaning he is a danger to anyone he "treats". This man should not be allowed to practice medicine of any type. The fact that this person teaches medical students is most concerning given his callous disregard for people in pain/need. He has zero compassion and is arrogantly dismissive given how very little neuroscience can currently accomplish for very sick and dying patients. This physician is a menace and if you are unfortunate enough to have dealt with him just know he is the problem and there are knowledgeable, humane and humble doctors elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I have no idea how knowledgable he is as he told me my problem was all in my head. I have nerve damage from cancer chemo in my hands and feet. Not in my head. Not looking for disability just some help. He also said 'fibromylagia is a made up disease for crazy women." DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Treats eastern ky. people like they are stupid, he needs to see a Dr. something very wrong with this man Why does uk keep him

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

Arrogant and pompous. Acted like I was making up my symptoms. Suggested my back pain that had already been diagnosed by MRI might be caused by migraine. Don't waste your time; I did.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

This is the head of Neurology, however this does not make him a good physician. His people skills are very poor. He made me feel stupid even though I am in the medical field. He is rude and does not take time to listen. Go to someone else.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Physician ignored EEG evidence of seizures accusing me of them being pseudoseizures. Sorry I ever had to see the man.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

I highly recommend NOT seeing this Doctor. Regardless that he is the "top of his field and department at UK"- he is a smart ass- rude- unhelpful- and at the end of the day- someone I have learned to Hate. He has been awful to me everytime i have seen him. Getting a hold of him or one of the nurses is nearly impossible and I almost died - literally-- becasue no one would return my calls. Plus they have people there pretending to be nurses calling you back-telling you which medication to take- (which nearly killed me) and then to find out they werent even nurses. DO NOT SEE ANYONE AT THE UK NEUROLOGY CLICNIC!!!!!! YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

I have seen Dr Berger several times and was referred to him from another neurologist for my MS. Right from the beginning it seemed as if he was too busy to listen to me, at one point i felt like i was arguing with him how I was feeling- and my 2nd MS flare up I insisted that I was having he labeled a "migraine" then my 3rd flare up he finally said "ok maybe its not a migraine" and labled me as having a flare up. That made me angry. My biggest problem with him is his lack of caring about my illness and treating me like he has better things to do. Ive seen 7 neurologists since I was Dx and I keep on running into this problem. I guess I will keep on looking!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

Dr. Joseph R. Berger's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1974)

HealthPartners