Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Geer

Dr. Geer is fine. However, I saw his nurse practitioner, Tim on one occassion. I changed internists shortly thereafter. Tim wanted to put me on heavy antibiotics for what turned out to be strep throat out of fear of a relaps of endocarditis. This was before any objective tests were back. Dr. Geer's partner talked him out of this. When I received a positive strep test with a high white cell count, he called an infectious disease doctor who wanted to admit me to the hospital for IV antibiotic therapy. Fortunately, I got a second opinion from a cardiologist (w/in the UAB system) who confirmed this was just strep throat and there was no reason to admit me.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

dr geer is very helpfully and is equally knowledgealways on time most of the time. when ever i ask a question about my health he is always right there with the answer or he will find out before i leave the office. he is a great lister.i will recomend him as a doctor to my friends as well, when ever i have to see another dr about another medical problem he has the nurse make all the arrangments.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2007

Dr. Michael J. Geer's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)