Ratings for Dr. David M. Stevens

I have never forgotten Dr. D. Stevens. He was my children's doctor thirty years ago but not for long. He was young, arrogant,full of himself,very codecendant??, and "catty". Dr. D. Stevens couldn't hide his dislike for certain groups of people(him, of all people!!)and the worst was that he didn't listen to parent's observations or concerns. After giving my toddler son a ridiculous diagnosis and his refusal to accept my observations as a diligent mother, my toddler son ended up being admitted to hospital for a week in very bad conditions. But what enraged me the most at that time was his unprofessional behavior of refusing to go hospital and check on my son, instead he sent his next door peditrician colleague. That pediatrician didn't know my son or anything about his medical history. I have never forgotten David Stevens. The reason that after thirty years you find me here rating him as doctor is because none of this existed thirty years ago.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

He has become overbooked and overwhelmed...He is also very rushed and not helpful when you ask questions. He also refused to see my child at her appt. time because he wanted to go to lunch..He walked right by us and wanted us to wait an hour past her time, so he could eat instead of taking 10 minutes to check her out. He was rude and nasty, told us we needed to find a new doctor since he didn't want to be our doctor anymore. That's ok, I wanted to see a new doctor for my kids anyway.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

He is a good doctor, but appts with him are difficult to make. He is booked as soon as they open his schedule. I don't want to switch, but a pediatirican should be slightly easier to get an appt. with then this. You have to book months in advance and you never get to see him in a emergency.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

He is a a okay doctor. Very long wait for him....Longer wait in room then in waiting room which with 2 kids can be a lifetime. Sometimes he seems rushed. He does seem to know what he is talking about though. The front desk staff are slow and incompetant. Nurses are ok not that many that are good with kids makes you wonder if they should even deal with kids.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Very caring and good attitude with my kids.Answers all questions and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2005

Dr. David M. Stevens's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1980)

GHI