Ratings for Dr. Chee Thong

I've been seeing Dr. Thong for almost ten years now. After 6 surgeries to deal with my cholostestoma in my ear, I was referred to Dr. Thong where he performed my last surgery, which was over 7 years ago. Ever since he has been very helpful, jokes with me, and is hesitant to perform more surgeries unless necessary to avoid unnecessary complications. My hearing and ear overall has improved significantly since my surgery, and I look forward to seeing him each appointment. My advice - go in for yourself, ignore the reviews, and hopefully you will have the same experience! Also the receptionist always remembers me by name and asks how I am doing as well, she is very kind.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Waited a month to see Dr Thong only to have him give me no help, be disrespectful to me and my mom doing so. I couldn't even get a word in to give him a history of the situation without him totally dismissing anything I had to say as wrong. When he wouldn't listen to me, my Mom tried to ask for an alternative solution where he cut her off and said "be quite mummy". Don't waste your time seeing this guys unprefessional, rude, arrogant, and terrible manners for yourself. It was a complete waste of time. Leaves me in a very tough spot now that I need to wait and see another specialist.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

After reading the reviews, I was tempted not to go to see the doctor. But I decided I would go and make my own decision. I expected to find a receptionist who was going to be unfriendly but instead I found a lovely lady at the front desk so I thought she was new. No, she has worked for the doctor for a long time. I found the doctor to he knowledgeable and thorough. He’s from the “old school” a bit blunt but he was humourous too. My suggestion is to go see for yourself!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Strange to see so many bad reviews. Maybe a Dr. Jekyll thing going on here. I found the receptionist quite polite and helpful, but my exchange with her was short. I found the doctor friendly, not too formal and very knowledgeable. Maybe I was just happy that while I had hearing loss it wasn't of great concern. Dr. Thong really seemed to care.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Worst of the worst, unprofessional doctor. It was Nov 14, a rainly cold day, I witness in his office where he rejected a patient in a wheelchair who came in for appointment. He drove away the patient with the reason of the wheelchair is too big. He didn't even ask the patient how he is, what problem he has and is it emergency matter . This dr does not have any caring spirit that a dr should have - helping the poor. The receptionist is also rude and impolite. What a nightmare ......

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Honestly after reading the comments I was scared to see this doctor and worried I wouldn't receive the help I needed but I was very wrong. Dr. Thong is an amazing doctor. We laughed and joked and he finally helped me with my problem where other doctors couldn't help me with. He is very knowledgeable and knows what he's doing. I don't know about these other reviews but my experience was an amazing one and happy that he finally helped me.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Worst doctor. As as he knew I am a Muslim, he started to make objectionable remarks about Muslims and Islam. Instead of discussing about my problem he was busy explaining me that he is an expert of history of Burma and British empire and that the Rohinga Muslims are infact killing Buddhist in Myanmar and that's why those people are being killed driven out by army of Myanmar. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr. Thong is an okay doctor. I've seen him two times - he was super helpful at the first time, but not so much at the second time. He is not the best listener and he can be a bit blunt, but he seems to have good knowledge and competence to make a diagnosis for one's problem. Regarding the receptionist - I didn't have any problem with her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

He is a butcher he destroyed my nose ,he messed up the first time, like a fool l have him a chance to fix it...he completely destroyed my nose ,l had to have another suregon try to repair the damage. I've been unhappy with my looks since.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Such a rude doctor! Having waiting over three months to see him, I have to say, I'm sorely disappoibted. This man should not be a doctor. Rather than help solve my problem, he blames me for doing things wrong. Never have I had to experience such a bad doctor. Don't waste your time with this one!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017