Ratings for Dr. Gloria Farina

The World Medical Association adopted the Declaration of Geneva in 1948 as a Code of Ethics for medical professionals. Members of the medical profession are supposed to adhere to the code. Gloria Elvira Farina MD has not on so many levels. Let’s start with two of the promises listed on the Declaration of Geneva. “I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity. The health of my patient will be my first consideration.” My uncle a retired veteran has been nearly immobile since the beginning of July. He went to see Farina and diagnostic tests were ordered. My uncle complied. It took him almost three weeks after his test to get the results from Farina; after numerous calls to the office (told she wasn’t in or wasn’t available, even had appointments which were cancelled, he was never notified of such) my uncle went to the office. During this visit she didn’t bother to take his vitals. A visit less than 5 minutes occurred, no patient chart, no recollection of ordering the test. She has been absolutely useless in setting up the referral for his much needed surgical procedure. We are hoping that my uncle hasn’t suffered more damage due to her incompetence and unethical practices. He has been failed by Farina and her EPIC Failure has had an impact of his health, wellbeing and quality of life. Her total disregard and lack of respect and compassion is appalling. It is hypocritical that a “Doctor” who pledges to maintain the utmost respect for human life has been arrested for DUI http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Gloria_Farina_26322084/ She has been disciplined by The Texas Board of Medicine http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/fort_bend/news/docs-disciplined-by-texas-medical-board/article_ecdf1440-1daa-11e3-bd37-0019bb2963f4.html for inappropriately prescribing weight loss medications to a patient and lastly she entered into a settlement agreement with Florida Medical Board in February 2013 http://www.flboardofmedicine.gov/pdfs/1342440_2012122110444_February_2013_Full_Board_Agenda.pdf Her license has also expired in the state of Colorado (details not listed) Her ratings over several websites including webmd.com are poor and range from 1.5 stars to 2.5 stars. I am shocked and appalled that the AMA/Florida Board of Health has allowed her to practice medicine. Patients beware and stay away from Farina.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

I can't understand the AMA /Florida Board of Health let this women practice medicine. After our physical last year we walked out looked at each other and said WTF was that. She couldn't spell my last name correctly on the prescription, didn't have my file on hand, didn't know what she had prescribed me. Got it wrong, pharmacy called her to tell her it was wrong and they blamed me. I didn't know what I was taking. She has had several incidents and has has been fined by the Board of Health. They don't post office hours, mess up billing, repeatedly and don't answer the phone. I only gave her 1 star because there actually is an imbecile practicing medicine under that name.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Horrible, horrible. Office doesn't answer the phones or return phone calls. Works without a nurse in house. Staff doesn't order doctors request. Worst care I've ever had. Hard to believe she's still in business. Stay away if you have health problems.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I have gone to dr farina for years and and can no longer tolerate she and her staffs disregArd and disrespect for the patients. She is.chronically late and undisciplined and a disgrace to her profession.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

The most inconsiderate and unprofessional dr I've ever and no doubt would ever meet. Very dishonest and rude to her employees. She is only concerned with immature gossip. I'm surprised she is still licensed...WARNING: IF YOU ARE A PERSON IN NEED OF A SPECIALIST TO TREAT SERIOUS AILMENTS...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT VISIT THIS DR.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

was more interested in last nights happenings on town then seeing the patients

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

I am not a patient. Just showing that any clown (and I am a clown) can get here and say whatever whether it is based upon reality or not.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Great doctor, very knowledgable, but TERRIBLE with being on time.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

never again will I viset this dr. Very short and un caring attitude.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Dr. Gloria Farina's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1985)