Ratings for Dr. Patricia Neelands

After 3 months of severe abdominal pains my son was seen in ER for the second time, Unfortunately he was seen by a doctor who was more interested in knowing why I brought my son to this hospital instead of a closer local hospital than listening to why we were there! I was told there were a lot of "really sick kids there and that my son was just constipated" we were given a suggestion of an OTC bowel med and a list of HIGH FIBER foods to eat. With a very dismissive and abrupt "GOODBYE" we were handed our discharge summery and sent home. I was told "No ultrasound was required and that he Looks fine" no blood work was done. With his persisted pain he was seen by my GP again who did ultrasound and blood work that I requested, both indicated much more than constipation! Finally we are seeing a pediatrician as tests indicate celiac disease. Although not life threatening my son too was "very sick" and in tremendous pain! FYI doctor you don't always need a crash cart to be a "VERY SICK KID"!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

I am extremely grateful for Dr. Neeland's professional guidance and expertise. She takes care of my two children aged 20 months, and 4 years, respectively. She discovered my son's autism at a time when I wasn't willing to admit it to myself. The diagnosis has been a blessing in disguise. Over the past year we have had countless therapies and interventions to help my son grow and develop. And most recently I showed up at Sick Kids (over Easter weekend) with my daughter only to discover that Dr. Neelands has been doing rotation in the emergency department for decades. Can you imagine the thousands of children she has seen over the years? Or, imagine the scope of knowledge and gut instinct acquired over that period of time? I'm willing to wait an extra 30 minutes in her office to access that kind of knowledge and care for my children. Get over the busy staff or any punctuality issues people- she's worth it!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Knowledgable, calm, and committed - wish she were my doctor as well!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Dr. Neelands is patient, thoughtful, compassionate and caring. She is not only a DR., she sees children as a MOM who is very understanding and loving. She never rushes her patients (parents) and always answer all questions. She sometimes might be behind with appointments (obviously because she is spending enough helpful time address parent's concerns), but waiting for half an hour is way worth it. I feel so lucky to have her as my kids' pediatrician. THANK YOU DR. NEELANDS.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

As you have read, Dr. Neelands is the best. As a parent, I feel so lucky to have her as our daughters Dr. She is the perfect balance of reassuring, knowledge and calming. I feel secure that my daughter's health is of the otmost importance to her. She really delves into the developmental and is able to take her the same day for illnesses. She isn't reactionary or an alarmist. She is the perfect balance of dealing with day-to-day sniffles to full developmental. She cares about the developmental and won't rush assessment, she rather book another appointment to ensure she has a good understanding of the child's development.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Patricia Neelands is an excellent Dr, However, the receptionist was awful based on my experience. My Daughter's regular Doctor is Dr. Neelands. That day my daughter had ear infection was in a lots pain, and I decided to go to see Dr. Neelands without the appointment. I show up in the Dr's office, and the receptionist told me that I don't have an appointment, so Dr won't be able to see my daughter, and told me to go walk in clinic. I thought that was fair, because I did not have an appointment. When I was on my way out my partner came in and ask me why I was leaving, and then I told him we did not have appointment. He went in within 30 seconds, all the sudden the Doctor is able to see my daughter. I was so confused, when I went in she refused me. I was very upset.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Dr. Neelands has been my daughter's paediatrician for almost 18 and 13 years, respectively. She is knowledgable, passionate, caring and thoughtful. From a diagnostic point of view, she is excellent and thorough. She listens, is thoughtful, and respectful of both myself as a parent, and my children as individuals. From ear-piercings to being a vegetarian teen, she has been incredibly helpful and astute.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Neelands is simply the best the medical profession has to offer. she has been our two boys paediatrician for over 14 years. Caring, patient, compassionate, respectful, intelligent, trustworthy, thoughtful - all describe her as a Dr. We know how lucky we are to have her looking after our boys. She listens to your concerns, respects your opinions, responds promptly to emergencies and after hours and never pushes pharmaceuticals as the answer or invasive procedures but works tirerlessly to solve medical issues.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

This is a busy office, so we're usually seen at least 30mins after our scheduled time, but Dr N has been our pediatrician for 3 years for our two boys and she is so knowledgeable and caring towards them. I know she is often rushed and behind schedule, but she takes the time to answer all my questions and address issues. She is very thorough and we're very happy with her as the kids' dr.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. Neelands has been looking after both my children since birth (they are 11 and 9 now). She cares deeply for their development, how they are doing in school and is particularly helpful with my youngest who was diagnosed as being 'on the spectrum'. Without Dr. Neelands' expertise in developmental paediatrics, I don't know what I would have done after that diagnosis. She IS the best in the city. She is patient, she is not an alarmist, she cares for the children and (I don't know how she does this with the number of patients she has) she 'knows" them and can detect what is their regular behaviour and when they are slightly 'off'.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010