Ratings for Dr. Bach Ardalan

I have to leave a comment here because Dr. Ardalan is my doctor and I find it appalling that we even rate doctors this way. I know that it can be helpful in choosing a doctor for some people, but honestly this is just used for mean spirited people to hurt a doctors reputation. With that being said, Dr. Ardalan is an excellent doctor and while there is a long wait to see him sometimes, he has NEVER spent 5 minutes with me. He sometimes may have to get himself reacquainted with your case, but he ALWAYS knows what is going on! I would think people with a life threatening disease such as cancer would be a little kinder in their opinions of people, especially a doctor that is trying to save their life. I am thankful to Dr. Ardelan and his staff, they have my utmost respect and gratitude.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

This doctor, Dr. Ardalan is extremely unprofessional and not recommended at all. I would suggest seeking other options.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

My mother has treated with Dr. Ardalan for nearly 2 yrs, per recommendation from the Chief of Surgical Oncology, Dr. Alan Livingston. While it is true the wait can be long, she has had excellent treatment and although he jokes a lot, I always get my questions answered. I did have an issue with him only once and he apologized profusely. I think everyone needs to realize that because it is a TEACHING hospital, the wait can be long...and because it is a TEACHING hospital, the KNOWLEDGE, EXPERTISE and TREATMENT are the most current and cutting edge. This is precisely why we go there. My mother had her Esophagus removed, chemo for 1 1/2 yrs, 18" of her colon removed and 60% of her liver removed. She currently is 85 and has only 2 tiny cancer spots in her liver that they assure us will be gone shortly with their treatment. She feels wonderful and loves both her doctors, as do we all. Dr. Livingston also removed a large rare cancerous tumor from my daughter's pancreas and she is well.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

The rating doesn't reflect the true effectiveness and results obtained. I had a stage 3 4inch + tumor at the GE junction that was inoperable. After 6 chemo treatments, tumor had shrunk to less than an inch and i had surgery 1 month after last pre-op infusion. Biopsies taken during surgery revealed only microscopic cancer remained in the removed tumor and cancer had not spread. While it can be annoying to wait a long time in the waiting room, or for return calls, or tolerate his quirky sense of humor, all of it was worth the results obtained. Reading some of the other reviews it seems that some people are more interested in having their rear ends kissed and the doc's personality rather than being cured. Get a life folks, there are other patients that need his expertise as well as you.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

Dr. was extremely patient with me. Each visit lasted around one hour. I felt he was in complete control of my case. He has a sense of humor which I appreciated very much. He is blunt, but truthful. And that is exactly what I needed at that time. Today I am cancer free. Gerard Perez

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Despite good reputation, doctor is to be avoided. He frequently keeps patients waiting in excess of one hour. He does not respond to emergencies or make arrangements for his staff to respond to patient questions/adverse medications issues/etc. He is frequently unprepared for appointments - has failed to obtain test results and certainly does not review test results or course of care in advance. His hours are extremely limited and he acts as if it is an imposition on his valuable time to see or respond to patients. Cancer is bad enough; dealing with this doctor is even worse.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Although very knowledgeable, this doctor is only interested in patients he can put into studies. He has no regard or compassion for his patients and is incredibly arrogant. Arrogance is justified if the treatement is top quality. His treatment was not. Patients sit stacked like sardines with miserable expressions on their faces waiting for hours for their turn to spend 5 minutes with this "doctor".

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Find another doctor. RUN! This doctor's focus is NOT your healthcare.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2007

Dr. Bach Ardalan's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1971)

HealthFirst