Ratings for Dr. Hala Shakhatreh

I asked the nurses in the hospital after the birth of my daughter who they will recommend as a pediatrician and they gave me Dr.Shakhareh's name. I couldn't be happier with her, she is calm, professional and very kind and gentle with my baby. As a first time mom it is very important for me to have someone answer all my questions and address my concerns and Dr.Shakhatreh has been doing both with great care and understanding. What I like particularly about the Dr. is the she is not judgemental, she is very caring and while giving you her medical opinion, she let's you decide what you are comfortable with. I am super happy with her!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Took us in on short notice and the staff actually returns calls. Great deal of patience, care and understanding. Great pediatrician!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Having 5 boys ranging from 2-19 I have dealt with almost every Paediatrician in Niagara region at one time or another. My severely premature son needed a Doctor and we met her while doing rounds. She is always willing to listen and doesn't prescribe unneeded medications. My son recently was quite ill and unlike many physicians with god complexes she even called over to McMaster for a second opinion. By far one of the best I have ever dealt with.. Natalie her assistant is always willing to help and will try to fit you in.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

SHE IS A TRUE GEM. THOROUGH AND KIND AND CARING AND DOESNT GIVE UP ON HELPING. THANK YOU!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I love Dr. Shakhatreh! She is simply amazing. She is Dr. to my 2 kids and we just love her. Extremely knowledgeable and calm.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I have been nothing but impressed by her and her staff. Her receptionist is amazing. They go that extra mile to see you when you really need it. My daughter is special needs, and Dr. S is so genuinely caring and gentle with her. She has wonderful bedside manner and is so smart. When we got referred to McMaster Hospital for specialist care, our doctor there told us how lucky we were to have Dr. S, that she did such a wonderful and thorough job with the work-up for our daughter. The ONLY bad thing I can possibly say, is that her hours are a little wonky. Her office doesn't open until 10am, and sometimes when you call the office at 10:30, the answering service is still picking up. But that is grasping at straws really. I was desperate to have my daughter seen last month, and her receptionist did everything she could to squeeze us in. Top notch service. We truly are lucky that she is our doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

She is amazing in every way and the reason my child is alive today. She is truly dedicated to taking care of our youth and provides thorough examination and leaves no stone unturned when more serious situations have risen in my child's health. She knows when to refer to specialists and always makes you feel so welcomed. Been with her for 7 years now and we are so fortunate to have her.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Best Doctor! Period. We've been visiting her for over three years and will likely continue with the new one for years to come.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

EXCELLENT , EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT. Dr.Shakhatreh is family doctor of my three kids. i always found her excellent in her profession

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I would recommend her to everybody!!! She's great!!! She knows how to deal with the hardest infections!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013