Ratings for Dr. Brian Klassen

Absolutely appalled at the way Dr. Klassen and his receptionist treated our son regarding an urgent matter. He is very unprofessional in his office and if he would have given him the proper care and paid attention to his medical history, we would be dealing with less of a life threatening medical condition. He is completely incompetent and will never recommend anyone to him EVER!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I have been epileptic for over 20 years he was my Dr in the beginning then I moved to a new specialist who is now retired and moved me back to dr Klassen, he is nothing but a pill pushing doctor that doesn't listen and seems to care more about how he looks then about the concern for others he claims that I have been having non epileptic seizures but can't explain what the difference is between epileptic and non epileptic he puts me on new pills that so far have been working , then tells me I suffer from manic depression and high anxiety and spent most of the appointment checking out my sister who was with me he had no concern what soever on my well being just blabbing away to my sister cutting me off on every question then says he is sending me for a urgent MRI to later find out is wasn't urgent it was set for Dec 2017 along with angeogram which I was unaware of ...I strongly recommend that no one goes to him he is the worst specialist I have ever dealt with and from what I've read he's not too liked by others either all he cares about is making the money and pushing pills onto people please do not consider him .

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

The worst doctor I have ever seen. Did not seem to think of me as a human being. Just a clinical test. Would not recommend him to anyone. Left me feeling worse. I would not even tho k if seeing him again. Arrogant. Dr like him should not be seeing patientsr

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I read the reviews before seeing Dr. Klassen , but tried to keep an open mind. Well, I should have listened to the reviews and asked to be seen by a different specialist even if it took months. I got in to see him within in a month and now I know why... should have known that was a bad sign. He was extremely short and wouldn't let me answer a question in full before moving on to the next question. He diagnosed me with anxiety by asking 6 questions that I couldn't fully answer because he cut me off. I have had anxiety at times in the past so I know what it feels like and what is going on right now is not anxiety! Haing dizzy spells for 3 weeks straight, losing feeling in my feet and hands, forgetting words and so on is not anxiety. While doing his "tests" I would respond saying I can't feel that, and he would say "so you felt that?, Good" and move on to the next thing. UGH! If you read this and haven't had your appointment yet, PLEASE ask your GP for another specialist. Even if you have to wait. Seeing this guy was a waste of my time as I had to take the whole day off. Oh, and you need to arrive 20 mins early and if you're even a minute past the 20 mins he won't see you.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

We were very discouraged seeing Dr. Klassen. He used old CT scans from decades ago to determine I now have epilepsy = despite the previous (now retired) Neurologist never came to the same conclusion nor observation. When asked how he was making this determination using old scans - he arrogantly replied - I am the specialist! But he did explain that it can takes years for epilepsy to manifest after a significant medical event. I also noted a tingling sensation in my feet. He diagnosed it as diabetes - despite yearly negative testing. I had my GP do another test and it was negative. Oh, Dr Klassen said if I did not take the epilepsy medication, I would not be able to drive. HOWEVER, he wrote in his report that I could not drive - I did not know until my GP read the notes to me. I had a companion at all meetings and 1) heard the same as I did about my driving limitations (not actually writing in his report that I could not drive for 6 months) and 2) rudely told my companion to stop taking notes!!!! Unfortunately, if you go looking for a second referral or opinion, be prepared to wait a very long time (I think they call it being black listed). But for me, it was worth waiting for a new Neurologist. Dr Klassen is too quick to jump to a diagnose, and should never ever, advise someone to stop taking notes. He MUST be more clear and concise on prohibitions - such as driving. I was always taught to trust your specialist, and did have a follow up appointment. This was no different and once again, what was conveyed to me verbally, certainly did not mirror what was in his written report (again, my GP picked that up). I now see a new Neurologist.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Front desk staff was very friendly.. wish I would have read these reviews prior to my appointment but not sure if I would have listened because I feel some people can be critical if they have had a bad experience but this was absolutely brutal. This "specialist " spent a total of 15 mins with me and every time he asked a question he cut me off. All he did was a physical exam and wrote down some stuff from my intake forms. He doesn't take his job seriously and I will definitely ask for a second opinion. Might take longer than a month to get into see a knowledgeable doctor.. this is probably the reason I got in so fast.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Very professional examination. Answered all my questions. Explained everything in detail. I consider Dr. Klassen a true professional.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Nurses and reception were extremely kind upon greeting me and made me feel very comfortable However I wouldn't recommend Dr. Klassen to anyone. After spending 5 minutes together he diagnosed me and sent me away with a prescription. No bedside manner whatsoever, almost on the verge of rude. Didn't discuss any medication concerns with me even though there is a huge problem between my current medication and his new one. Not compassionate and not understanding. Seems knowledgeable about neurology sure, but I felt like nothing more number who was sent out of an appointment with half of the information.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I've seen Dr Klassen twice and found him to be extremely thorough and knowledgeable. The testing he did was good and thorough and my diagnosis was explained both to me and my wife. He answered all of our questions and was not hurried in any way. Another follow up is scheduled next year.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Total waste of my time and tax payer $'s. Diagnosed me with chronic migraines in 5 minutes. Never paid attention to anything I said and rudely cut me off when I tried to ask any questions. When I saw him I was 6 weeks without any headaches and I am now over 2 months without any headaches. He was wrong definitely not chronic and wasn't when I saw him. Only asked questions that pertained to migraines so of coarse the only diagnose you will arrive at is migraines that was so stupid. Migraines and cluster headaches share a lot of the same symptoms and he did not ask me one specific question that would be cluster related. He was wrong about my having migraines and have now been properly diagnosed with cluster headaches. Do yourself a huge favour and don't bother seeing this doctor as like everyone below had the worse experience ever.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016