Ratings for Dr. James Mahood

My son has scoliosis has been seeing Dr.Mahood for almost 8 years now. I would recommend Dr. Mahood, as he is very good at what he does, very kind and thoughtful. His front desk staff were always nice to deal with as well.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

He did my back surgery 25 years ago (scoliosis). He was absolutely awesome in every way!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr Mahood did an excellent job on my knee, I have almost fully recovered and it is do nice not to have pain in it anymore. I am looking forward to getting the other one done.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

This man saved my life. I am incredibly grateful to him

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I had a great experience....my hips were shot ...Dr Mahood replaced them 12 weeks apart...both surgeries went very well...I have no more pain...just need to get mobile and regain some flexibility....The staff at the clinic were awesome as well...very grateful to have been able to get in as quick as I did...

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I just had my surgery 1 month ago. Originally it was to go from t4-l4 but Dr Mahood said that he could possibly make it shorter and allow me to have more morbidity long term. He was clear to me that he would not make that decision until they opened me up. They only had to go from t4 to l1 bonus for me. The follow up and answering of questions post surgery was amazing my stephanie and Dr Mahood. They were quick to change my meds and get them called into the pharmacy. Overall I have been seeing Dr Mahood since I was 12 so for 15 years now and I wouldn't trade doctors for anything. Only.complaint is the wait time to get the surgery... but we'll worth it. To mention the YouTube video like another commenter did does not serve as any constructive feedback rather points out the flaws of that individual and what she did that inhibited her healing. I would choose Dr Mahood again.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I was shocked and dismayed by a you tube video that has been posted. Dr. Mahood has been my Doctor since 2007. I have been through heel and back. I have had a lot of surgeries which started because of scoliosis. I can tell you that DR. Mahood always explains the risks of surgery and possible complications. He is also one of the most caring doctors I have met. In the video DR. Mahood is blamed and slandered for things that were totally not his fault. He has no control over what an emergency Doctor does or does not do. I myself hav been treated horribly at the emergency department. I can not and do not blame Dr. Mahood for the actions of another doctor. As well his assistant Stephanie deals with people calling who are in pain and with that comes emotional distress. She can be right to the point which is good.. She is excellent at her job. Would it be helpful if she gave her medical opinion or started being a person's emotional therapist? Her job requires more than answering phones. How do you think surgeries and appointments get booked. Who do you think runs the office when DR. Mahood is in surgery? I understand people being upset and angry at their pain and disability. I don't understand people blaming the doctor or the assistant. Did posting a video make you feel better? Did blaming DR. Mahood and slandering him change anything. I am not blaming the patient but there are so many things she admitted herself that she could of done or not done to help as well. I hear that she is in pain and feels a loss. A video like that though gives the wrong information and implies that Dr. Mahood did something on purpose to hurt her. If you are a new patient or are looking to the Internet for information to get DR. Mahood as a Doctor.. Do not judge him based on the opinion of one patient. Go meet him and talk to him and you will find out yourself that he does give the information required, he does explain things and possible complications, he does care and is an excellent surgeon. As well treat Stephanie with respect. She has earned it. In the end we are all human. DT

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Saw him initially three years ago, requiring lumbar fusion due to scoliosis related to accident. He was helpful and provided me all the options👍🏻. Had to wait almost 18 months for surgery that was the only issue I had ended off work before I could get the surgery. Once I had it , the care I received was great he followed up with me post op. He was knowledgable and helpful I'm now one year post surgery and back to all the things I used to do and have been off pain meds after two weeks post op!!!!!! He's great my only complaint is his waitlist is so long!!! But worth the wait for great out comes

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Saved my sanity. I was in very bad shape after flying into USA for a surgery. I was numb from the waist down.He rushed me in and got me on a table in 4 days.I really like him personally and professionally. I have found him to be nothing but the best in attitude and bedside manner. Frank and honest and a darn good surgeon. What more do you want.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. James Mahood should not do total hip replacements. It's been six years and I am still in pain. He has ruined my life . He refuses to listen and says pain is caused by something else.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014