Dr. Atul T. Patel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Atul T. Patel

Dr Patel is one of the finest physicians I have been to see in my almost 80 years. I have already recommended him to several friends and colleagues who have been equally pleased with the care that his provides.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

His treatment of my ankle pain made a significant difference to my quality of life!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

We are VERY pleased with the care my husband receives from Kansas City Bone and Joint. We plan to continue being a patient there for many years.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

As far as I'm concerned nothing needs to be improved! Dr. Patel - without a doubt - has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen(and there have been many). His staff is wonderful and I actually enjoy my visits at KCB&J(obviously i'm very weird!) Anyway, everything about the clinic is top notch and i've recommended them to dozens of people

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr. Patel is simply the BEST! Very caring, kind, great at explaining things and a great personality. So happy I found him and have recommended him many times.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Patel is very personable, knowledgeable, and professional. I appreciate the time he spent with me and his willingness to answer all of my questions.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

LOVE DR. PATEL and all the staff. I feel like I've known you forever.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr. Patel is the absolute BEST. He's very caring, thorough and concerned about me personally. I feel like family when I visit his office. Everyone is treated with the utmost respect and attention to details. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I also left a message for him and he returned my call with lightening speed and showed great respect and concern for me and how I was doing and feeling.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I visited Dr Patel for an ultrasound guided injection in my heal. The staff was very helpful, the wait was minimal, and Dr. Patel was very knowledgeable. After the injection my pain subsided and life was back to normal!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Patel after being diagnosed with a labral hip tear, which was causing significant referred pelvic pain as well. The hip surgeon at his office required me to see Dr. Patel before considering me for surgery, which I just had (in PENNSYLVANIA!) for FAI impingement of the hip, labral tear, bilateral torn rectus abdominus muscles (which had to be sewn back to the pubic bone) as well as 3 torn adductor muscles which also had to be repaired. Dr. Patel did spend time with me, but in the end concluded that I was a "type A personality" who had come to believe that I could no longer go about my daily activities, and that a labral tear could not cause that level of pain. He refused to try and diagnose torn muscles, and advised me to stop seeking medical care for my injuries, and instead resume my normal life and not even continue PT!! Why would any doctor tell a patent in need of surgery to stop seeking medical care and try to do things prevented by these injuries? NO GOOD.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr. Atul T. Patel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Patel is a physiatrist, also known as a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician, at Kansas City Bone & Joint. He became a part of KCBJ in November 2001. He is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, spinal cord medicine, neuromuscular medicine, brain injury medicine, and electrodiagnostic medicine. Before joining the Kansas City Bone & Joint team, he was an associate professor in the department of Rehab Medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Dr. Patel earned his undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from the University of Houston and his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. He also has a master’s degree in rehabilitation medicine (University of Washington) and another master’s degree in health services administration (University of Kansas). He completed his internship and residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. His broad clinical interests include musculoskeletal medicine, neuropathic pain, spasticity, movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease and dystonias, stroke rehabilitation, multiple sclerosis, nerve and muscle diseases, geriatrics, electrodiagnostic medicine and general rehabilitation medicine. Dr. Patel finds it gratifying to take care of people and improve their function When he is not in clinic, Dr. Patel enjoy tennis, traveling and spending time with my family.

• Hindi
  • English

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• Stroke