Ratings for Dr. Y. Raja Rampersaud

I had an extremely positive experience with Dr. Rampersaud and his team. The nurse practitioner, Angela Sarro is amazing. I had been misdiagnosed twice and Dr. Rampersaud knew immediately what was wrong with me but more importantly, what was needed to treat me effectively. I had an L5/S1 microdiscectomy 1 month ago and while I'm not pain free yet (I had the condition for almost 3 years), I no longer have the debilitating nerve pain I had prior to the surgery. I'm still seeing Dr. Rampersaud as he wants to determine the root cause of my pain. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

My experience with Dr. Rampersaud was so positive . He didn't rush through anything explained in detail my procedure and making sure I had a full understanding of what was to be done during my surgery. The surgery he preformed on my back was a complete success! After 2 years of pain I'm pain free. I have my life back and am so grateful.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

This guy is a joke . I was sent to him for pain therapy after having a L5 S1 fusion. His staff are almost as arogant and ignorant as he is. No gauges used for measurements ( they said we don't need them) and the meeting with the Dr himself fell just short of becoming violent. The man literally kicked my shoes under the examine table ,then belittled my surgeon telling me he did not know what he was doing and then proceeded to call me out. He was trying to entice a physical confrontation. I wouldn't' this Dr to do surgery on anyone .

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

My experience with Dr Rampersaud was nothing short of amazing. He always took time to review my tests with me and explain his recommendation. He kept me well informed and discussed my procedure in detail prior to surgery. I have NO back pain now, I have full mobility and can do anything I was doing prior to the onset of my back problems including biking, skiing, walking, pilates and free weights. He was thorough and was very personable which is not always the case in his profession. I just past my 2 yrs post surgery and he continues to give me all the time I needed to ask questions, no question goes unanswered and he seems genuinely interested in my post surgery progress. Thank you Dr Rampersaud You're incredible !

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

After living with an L4/5 herniated disc for 8 months, I was lucky enough to get a surgery date with Dr. R. He was very polite & friendly & made me feel confident that the microdiscectomy would be successful. It was. The surgery got me back to every day activities pain free. I pushed myself a little too hard and am back to where I was a year ago (not surprised since I have tears in my disc wall). Just had my MRI and have a consultation coming up with Dr. R again. Hoping he can help me again.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

A great surgeon, and a super person. I has a decompression on L4-5 seven years ago. I enjoyed it so much, I went back for L3-4 in June. After both surgeries I went home in a few hours . I was fully mobile, and only experienced a few days of discomfort. I was back working out two weeks after. I commend Raja and his staff at TWH.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Truly amazing guy. Sensitive and engaging. Very knowledgeable. While being very busy and like most health care specialist in Ontario, overworked, he still took the time to explain my issue(s) in a form that I understood. He explained my options and provided clear, yet concise recommendations on how I should consider proceeding. This is my second operation with Dr Raj and I truly appreciate his accepting my "new file" as I'm told by my GP he has a two year waiting list. I fortunately had my first meeting with him with three weeks of my initial diagnosis.I wonder why some criticize so quickly when I'm sure they have no idea as to what its like to be performing a complex operation(s) for anywhere from 4 - 18 hrs, yet still maintain clinical hours at 8AM! I'm sure he tries his best on all fronts (why wouldn't he?), but lets not forget he is human.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I really can't say enough about this doctor. He helped me tremendously and on top of being highly skilled and highly competent, he was incredibly warm, kind and compassionate. I'm so glad I was able to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr.R did instrumentation turned into fusion surgery on my neck and spine, the most invasive, most horrible century old s*rews and rod surgery. Falsely presented that surgery as only option to paralysis, minimized side effects and recovery, failed to inform me of other less or non invasive options for spinal tumors (which I later found were plentiful), most important surgery details, like cutting other parts of my body, permanent disability he would cause to my spine, body and quality of life. My condition rapidly deteriorated after the surgery. Pain went from low to unbearable constant pain, from normal walking person, I am now disabled with walking difficulty, can barely use my arms, got neuropathy, and my neck and spine are in damaged bow down position after the surgery. You might want to do research before visiting him for s*rews and rod surgery, and save yourself from harms of this horrific surgery. Google spine universe & spine health, educate yourself, you might save yourself from harms of this surgeon and this primitive horrific surgery.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Rampersaud saved my life and sanity.......I suffered from two herniated discs and he performed "micro-decompression" surgery on me in May 2013 after other surgeons told me that there was nothing that could be done for me.....I traveled to Toronto from my home 4 hours' away and would do it again in a heartbeat......I recovered fully and am in excellent health again......enjoying my life and days that are not wracked with pain....Dr. Rampersaud is a genius, kind, considerate and I think his hands should be bronzed....thank you again Dr. R.......you are God's gift to those of us with bad backs.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015