Ratings for Dr. Y. Raja Rampersaud

Dr. Rampersaud literally saved my husbands life. He had a huge malignant sarcoma growing in his back adjacent to his spine. Our surgeons in London were not confident that they could remove the tumor without permanent damage to his spine, and referred us to Dr. Rampersaud. Dr. Rampersaud and his team especially Angela were amazing. They treated us with respect and dignity at all times and explained the procedure in terms that we were able to fully understand. He preformed a 20 hour surgery on my husband that included removing ribs, vertebrae, and full metal rods and screws up his entire spine, with a 2 month long hospital recovery afterward. All of the Dr.'s involved with this surgery are amazing, and I am so grateful to have the best care possible available to us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dr. Rampersaud and Team, you guys are literal life savers!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Well as others have posted, I had delt with dr. raj in the past. My experience was nothing but cut short evertime I had a question and he walked out at diffrent meetings. I was sent back to work till i had another a reoccurance and now ive been off work since. no help from him for me, on to the next one that i can ask questions about my condition without affecting his mood. Wven though he is a very well known dr. I wouldnt trust him ever after seeing him react that way. my thoughts anyhow. he has helped lots but to each their own.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

I was referred to him as a WSIB claim. He had no interest in assessing me properly, or taking my situation into account. His advice was to tell me I'm fine, and can go back to work doing light labour after 3 herniated discs. His advice led to me being re-injured, and starting back at day 1 of my recovery. During my next appointment months later, he acted as if the re-injury never happened, and I was just being lazy for not being back to work at a very physically demanding job. His assessing physiotherapist told me that my current treatment was not aggressive enough, and if I didn't switch to her more intensive plan, I would never recover. After trying to ease in to that new plan, I was re-injured worse than ever yet again. Now I won't ever be strong enough to return to my old job, and I'm retraining for a new career thanks to Dr. Rampersaud's negligent medical care.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

A truly amazing doctor! My mother Maha H. had a serious issue in her back and she was not able to walk at all for few months! Dr Rampersaud saved her life!! He was very kind and he gave us so much time to explain the entire situation for my mom, dad and me. We saw him and his nurse few times before the surgery and they used to explain every single detail to us. Me and my whole family are very thankful to this amazing person and his entire team.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I had an extremely positive experience with Dr. Rampersaud and his team. The nurse practitioner, Angela Sarro is amazing. I had been misdiagnosed twice and Dr. Rampersaud knew immediately what was wrong with me but more importantly, what was needed to treat me effectively. I had an L5/S1 microdiscectomy 1 month ago and while I'm not pain free yet (I had the condition for almost 3 years), I no longer have the debilitating nerve pain I had prior to the surgery. I'm still seeing Dr. Rampersaud as he wants to determine the root cause of my pain. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

My experience with Dr. Rampersaud was so positive . He didn't rush through anything explained in detail my procedure and making sure I had a full understanding of what was to be done during my surgery. The surgery he preformed on my back was a complete success! After 2 years of pain I'm pain free. I have my life back and am so grateful.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

This guy is a joke . I was sent to him for pain therapy after having a L5 S1 fusion. His staff are almost as arogant and ignorant as he is. No gauges used for measurements ( they said we don't need them) and the meeting with the Dr himself fell just short of becoming violent. The man literally kicked my shoes under the examine table ,then belittled my surgeon telling me he did not know what he was doing and then proceeded to call me out. He was trying to entice a physical confrontation. I wouldn't' this Dr to do surgery on anyone .

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

My experience with Dr Rampersaud was nothing short of amazing. He always took time to review my tests with me and explain his recommendation. He kept me well informed and discussed my procedure in detail prior to surgery. I have NO back pain now, I have full mobility and can do anything I was doing prior to the onset of my back problems including biking, skiing, walking, pilates and free weights. He was thorough and was very personable which is not always the case in his profession. I just past my 2 yrs post surgery and he continues to give me all the time I needed to ask questions, no question goes unanswered and he seems genuinely interested in my post surgery progress. Thank you Dr Rampersaud You're incredible !

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

After living with an L4/5 herniated disc for 8 months, I was lucky enough to get a surgery date with Dr. R. He was very polite & friendly & made me feel confident that the microdiscectomy would be successful. It was. The surgery got me back to every day activities pain free. I pushed myself a little too hard and am back to where I was a year ago (not surprised since I have tears in my disc wall). Just had my MRI and have a consultation coming up with Dr. R again. Hoping he can help me again.

Submitted December 20, 2016

A great surgeon, and a super person. I has a decompression on L4-5 seven years ago. I enjoyed it so much, I went back for L3-4 in June. After both surgeries I went home in a few hours . I was fully mobile, and only experienced a few days of discomfort. I was back working out two weeks after. I commend Raja and his staff at TWH.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016