Ratings for Dr. Melinda R. Allen

Dr. Melinda Allen was the best, kindest, smartest in her field Dr. I have ever been to. I just wish she were still here in Ponca or even Blackwell would be fine. I would gladly make it to Tulsa or Grove and continue to be her patient. I was always treated quite well by her staff. I miss her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

DR. Allen is very helpful, and knowledgeable. She always takes time out to explain things. The only weakness is her office staff, very unfriendly, never smile, and act like you are interupting their day! Too bad because DR. Allen is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

My husband and I both go to Dr. Allen she is terrific. She truly cares and works hard to keep our health care current. She is very knowledgable, honest,caring person. She is very busy but always takes the time we need to understand what we need to do and why. We just feel she is the greatest.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

I have been going to Dr.Allen for several years, and have not had a disappointing visit. I was sorry she moved to Blackwell, but I will follow a good doctor farther than that. Dr.'s like her are hard to come by. She makes you feel comfortable and she explains everything in detail, so you will understand what your problem is. She seems to know what the problem is withing a reasonable time in her office.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Very good compassionate doctor. My only wish is she took emails. That would maybe say me a trip to blackwell and she would already know why I was coming into her office instead of wasting time explaining it. But that is my only real complaint. Plus not all of her nurses and receptionist need to take a course in compassion. I have to stand up front to get their attention to make an appt. I'm not always strong enough to do that. Hey Doc. remind them we are people too please!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Dr Allen was a caring Doctor before she moved to Blackwell.She must be under a watchful eye or the company she works for calls the shots.Also the snotty nurse doesnt help Really gone downhill in the last year.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

I love doctor allen but since she moved to the new office she has much less time to spend with her patents. I understand she has more time for her kids now but shouldn'that wait until she retires or goes on vacation instead of 1 week out of the month? I have serious medical problems. If she is gone I'm told to go to the ER. What good is that going to do me? They don't have my records. If she is going to be gone she needs to have a specfic person in the office to take her place. You don't tell terminal patients to take their chances with urgent care.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Mot sure why Melinda Allen pulled up roots and left Ponca City. Yes she had a divorce but to more to Blackwell??? She is a great Doctor, started seeing her in a Nursing Home before I was released. Only complaint is she is always overbooked. To get in to see her sometimes can take weeks.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Dr. Allen is awesome!! I have been going to her for about 6 years and I absolutely love her! She's very explanatory and helpful. I recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. Melinda R. Allen's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1999)

Coventry Healthcare