You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Strang

I saw Dr. Strang at the walk in clinic and I found his bedside manner to be approachable and humanistic. In a brief period of time, he examined me, he explained my risk factors per my age group and he diagnosed me and provided treatment. I think that patients and the public are fortunate to have him. Of course, this is based on one assessment and clinical visit. It was great that he talked to me on my level and mentioned some anecdotal information on my diagnosis, lifestyle, age group. Even though it was not a 'serious 'diagnosis by ANY means, it's something that will cause me discomfort and has the potential to become pre-cancerous if I don't change my lifestyle.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I had an awful doctor before coming to see Dr. Strang and he has changed my experience with doctors completely. He always answers all of my questions and has a light hearted approach which is fantastic. He never rushes. It is very difficult to get a hold of the office to make appointments but that is a reflection on how busy the office is and not how he works. My only criticism is that when he is away on vacation there is no other doctor to take his place and sometimes he is away for two weeks. All in all he is a wonderful, smart and competent doctor.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Ok doctor. Awful staff. Referral lady should be fired.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Strang for many years he has always give us excellent healthcare and been responsive and caring. He has excellent knowledge on sports injuries which was wonderful for my husband and son and has been a kind and caring doctor to me. lately he seems much busier than he used to be and seems to have taken on more patients than he can handle. This seems to be the way with most doctors lately.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I'm glad I came across my link. John Strang was my doctor 9 years ago I became very ill. He gave me pills and said I had a bladder infection. I asked him to refer me to a specialist for my severe bowel/abdominal pain, he said it wasn't nessacary. Finally in extreme agony I checked myself into JB. After x-rays catscans needles bloodwork etc.. I was diagnose with "the worst case of diverticulitis that a living person has" to quote the emerg doctor. Later that same night just before I had a catheter put in because I had not urinated in 3 days Dr. Strang mistakenly walked into my room while searching for another patient, looked me in the eyes a look of shock came over his face he turned and walked out after being my physician for 12 years. I have never seen nor spoke with him since. Honestly I am lucky to be alive.

Submitted October 31, 2014

I have been seeing Doctor Strang since just after he took over for Doctor Boswel. Dr. Strang's practice has taken a nose dive since he joined Halton Family Medical Center. When he was running a solo practice things were fantastic. Now, not so much. Most of my complaints are based on how the practice is administered now. If you need paperwork filled out for benefits claims, forget it. I'm not sure if that is the problem of the Dr. or his staff, but it never used to be like this. Not to mention, vacations! good greif, I should have been a doctor if that's how much vacation they get. 2-weeks here, 3 weeks there. 4 weeks after that. That can be very frustrating as he'll ask you to come in for a 1 week follow up during your time with him, but then when you try to book with the administrator 'hes on vacation then and wont return for 2 weeks' This just doesn't work when your employer requires medical forms in certain time frames. My one major complaint about Dr Strang specifically in the way he diagnosis you is that he likes to play the odds game. "Odds are you don't have this ailment because you don't fit the 'profile' so we won't test for it that". I will say that he is a very knowledgeable doctor and demonstrates it more so when the mood catches him, rather than all the time. TLDR; His practice was great when he was solo. Now, in Halton Family Medical Center, in my opinion, just sucks.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I have had a great experience with Dr. Strang for a doctor. His staff is wonderful, although, there has been a decline since his secretary of last 9 or 10yrs left him. You will spend a lot of time in the waiting room, but once you are in with him he takes his time to deal with whatever you are seeing him about. Most doctor's don't run on time anyway! Thank you for all your help over the years Dr. Strang.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I have been with Dr. Strang since he opened his practice here in Burlington. I trust everything that he does because it's always in my family's best interest.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Myself and my family have been going to Dr. Strang since he took over for Dr. Boswell. He is very knowledgeable, and easy to talk to. He is wonderful with my little girl, and takes very good care of my elderly father. It is not a long wait to get an appointment with him most times.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I was so happy when Dr. Strang accepted me as a patient when I had a problem with my previous doctor. I had high hopes for a new beginning and hopefully getting to the root of what was causing my iron deficiency. I also had a medical for the Ministry of Transportation that needed to be filled out. I met with him twice. The first time he took some general information and gave me a requisition for blood tests. The second time was to fill out the medical for the MTO. After a month, I had started to call to ask if he had sent the medical in because the MTO had not received it. Many of my calls where not returned causing my more anxiety. To this date (2 months later) he has not filled it out. I have not received a reason. I have told his staff how important it is to regain my licence many times but he still has not sent it in. I am devastated and can't believe a doctor could be so cruel. I have been waiting to get on with my life, get a job. I just don't understand. I am crushed.

Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr. John Strang's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Strang at the walk in clinic and I found his bedside manner to be approachable and humanistic. In a brief period of time, he examined me, he explaine..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had an awful doctor before coming to see Dr. Strang and he has changed my experience with doctors completely. He always answers all of my questions and has a ..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Ok doctor. Awful staff. Referral lady should be fired."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Strang has helped me for years, i now have ebola"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Strang for many years he has always give us excellent healthcare and been responsive and caring. He has excellent knowledge on spor..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm glad I came across my link. John Strang was my doctor 9 years ago I became very ill. He gave me pills and said I had a bladder infection. I asked him to ref..."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Doctor Strang since just after he took over for Doctor Boswel. Dr. Strang's practice has taken a nose dive since he joined Halton Family M..."

October 20, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

October 2, 2013