James P. Leone, PhD

Clinic

Rate James P. Leone, PhD

Ratings for James P. Leone, PhD

Value

Very Kind and Helpful. Dr. Leone is smart and experienced. The work is hard, but if you stick with it and trust the process it is rewarding and life-changing. Overall a positive experience.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Value

Dr. James Leone seems like a very nice guy at first. I spent 1 year attending his groups, one each week. I also met with him individually. While he clearly enjoys what he does, and his sense of enjoyment is initially infectious, it wears thin. I found Dr. James Leone's outlook on life, advice, and even behavior to be shallow. Then it becomes clear that Dr. Leone requires you to agree with him, and even degrades you if you fall out of line. Much more disturbingly, I found that he treats members of his group in cruel ways. Dr. Leone encourages people to speak agressively to each other, not assertively. The result was I left every group feeling worse than before I entered, and I have more than a suspicion that others had the same experience. Judge a provider by how much they help people. I saw people becoming angry, confused, and questioning their judgment each group. I doubt most people went out better than when they came in.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Value

I have done group therapy with Dr Leone for five years. Overall, he encourages people to be verbally and emotionally abusive to each other and teaches them behavior that is not entirely socially appropriate. He is a friendly and sharp therapist when he tries, however, overall I think he is an abusive and manipulative person and probably not a good therapist. When I tell people about my experience with him, some say it sounds effective, most others though are appalled and see more red flags about the things he says than I can count.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Doctors at James P. Leone, PhD

Dr. James P. LEONE

Dr. James P. LEONE

Latest Rating

Okay. I left a review previously and decided to update my review I guess, having had a few years to reflect on being a group therapy client. Here is my take on it: 3... Read more