Rate Dr. Wilfred Steinberg

Dr. Wilfred Steinberg's Ratings

I haven't been with him for long, but he is very nice and professional. I feel he is some one I could trust. And the staff is super nice and helpful, one time I was late for the early morning appointment, I called her to apologizing missing the appointment she just booked me two hours later no questions asked. I really appreciate that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Steinberg is the best, have been seeing him for over 10 years with ongoing issues. He is caring, professional and dedicated to helping "us" women. His receptionist is excellent, professional and always gets back to you right away. I only hope he does not retire because we will all lose an amazing Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I began to see Dr. Steinberg 4 years ago after being turned away by other doctors or being told my problems were "all in my head". In the first appointment Dr. Steinberg told me "we will figure this out" and he has not let up on this promise. Years later and I still rely on him quite a bit although I no longer live in the province. He asks questions appropriate to the symptoms you describe and is careful to assess all possible ways to move forward before doing so.
My situation was complex. I have an acute pain disorder with no visible symptoms. He ran every test possible to ensure his diagnosis was correct and when he decided I needed to see a surgeon he referred me to somebody he trusts, which put me at ease.
His office space is small but functional. I see below that many people have commented on his receptionist but I would like to make my own comments here. No, she doesn't smile from ear to ear or greet you with enthusiasm when you enter into the office. BUT I have come to absolutely depend on her and she ALWAYS comes through. When I was at the peak of my pain she did everything in her power to get me in to see Dr. S in a ridiculously short period of time (on a few occasions she has gotten me in the next day). She has a great memory and when I call she knows who I am and answers all of my questions. She has never rushed me off the phone or made me feel like whatever issue I called about wasn't important. So just because she doesn't smile at you doesn't mean she isn't extremely capable. Further, the wait in this office is so much better than many. The absolute longest I have ever waited was 40 mins and that was once. I am usually only waiting 10-15 mins. If you are concerned about wait time book your appointment for first thing in the morning or right after lunch.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2682235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Dr Steinberg is a very good doctor. He resolved my issue right away when others could not even give me a diagnosis. But I have to mention that his secretary has horrible phone manners. She speaks in such an arrogant manner as if she is the doctor. It is disgusting.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1227486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

Dr.Steinberg was so helpful, I had a list of medical problems, and have been bounced around from dr to dr with no help in figuring out what is going on, or solutions to help me recover. He listened to me and my husband (who came as my advocate, not needed with Dr Steinberg) ordered all necessary tests, and made referrals without asking me to go back to my family dr. He basically took care of everything and I believe he will figure out what is going on and how to solve it. An extremely knowledgeable, take charge Dr with a great bedside manor as well. I am very thankful to be seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1227457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

Too aggressive with treatment. Rushed. Advised colposcopy with first abnormal Pap smear. Did not take more than 5 minutes to explain procedures and prescribed medication with only a 5 minute consult. Assumes all abnormal Pap smears are HPV related and started conversation by asking if my husband of 30 years may have been unfaithful. Nothing like getting to the point and jumping to conclusions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1227485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Great doctor, and great human being, not only that he is very knowledgeable, but he is great at communicating using the right words and giving the comfort that I needed to me and to my husband as well. Made my painful experience much easier, and really cares. Even though I came back to him after 6 years, he knew my first family doctor, he knew the OB I gave birth with. He knew all my problems from the past and took great care of me while I was at my worst. Great doctor! I had my share of doctors in Toronto, but I cannot say that I will find someone like Dr. Steinberg. Safe, reliable and there for you going behind to make you safe, comfortable and help you go through whatever you need to. He was great with my husband as well, great sense of humor and I cannot thank him enough for helping me not only with my condition but to keep my sanity. Wonderful doctor! A rarity especially here in Toronto!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1227484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

Dr Steinberg has been my gynecologist for 12 years now. He has amazing bedside manner and is so kind and caring. He makes you feel very comfortable. I have seen him both at St Michael's and at his office. He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer any questions you may have. He unfortunately does not operate anymore, but has referred me to a new gynecologist who does as he is pretty sure I will need a small procedure done. I only hope the new doc is half the doctor he is. He has a lot to hold up to after I have been with Dr. Steinberg. He's amazing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1227483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

He’s so smart & caring, compassionate and thoughtful person. My first time meeting him; don’t know about diagnosis. At this point the only thing really matters to me is that he respects the professional(medical) ethics; a real HUMAN BEING.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1227460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2010

Dr Steinberg has always taken the time to answer any questions I had and has always been very knowledgeable. He also makes me feel very comfortable!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1227482].votes_count ]]