Rate Dr. Mike Hancock

Dr. Mike Hancock's Ratings

Dr. Hancock is in a great location, is excellent for getting prescription refills and is an intelligent, friendly man. It is easy to make appointments with him and he sees you within one day of calling which is excellent for refills. He was always friendly to me and went out of his way to be of assistance. You need to ask for things you want. He will not suggest a physical or any additional exams even after many years of seeing him unless you ask. When I did ask, however, I was accommodated. Overall, he was easy to make appointments with and was pleasant but I feel the need to move on to another doctor for my more pressing issues as he is quite forgetful and I was concerned about his level of commitment to individual patients. As a side note, I found his receptionist quite cold.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2013

ery Caring very hardwoking. Cares for us. Been my Doctor for over 9 years. High respect for him. Goes into details. Staff are super . Listens

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

I have seen Dr. H for six years. He is a great doc, and I trust him. He knows his stuff and will go to great lengths to keep his patients well. Please remember that this is not a resturant but a medical service and one has to be patient as our medical system is a disaster. Dr. H rates tops in my books. He has a very tough job to do. His front office worker is wonderful and also gets high marks from me. They work very hard for us, are not perfect, but do their best!!!! Be thankful that the doc has stayed here and is helping canadians!! Tks Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2011

I have No issues with Dr.Hancock...he is a very nice gentleman, my hubby and I both visit him regularyl, not only for our drivers medicals but other issues from time to time...he's NEVER once been rude to us as some people state in here and is always thurough etc...his receptionist has always been pleasant to us and we will continuye to see him...for the person who was looking for his address he is now located on 109st and 72ave I belive..call him, the numbers 780-433-7211, at least thats what it says when you Google his name..lol.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I had a vasectomy with Dr. Hancock, and it was as good as it can get. I was a single male, 34, and no kids, and he approved me. When the day came for my operation, it was smooth, and as comfortable as it can be. Since then I shoot blanks, and my sex life is unbelievable. No regrets! It hurt a bit, but that's to be expected. Best 15 minutes of my life! Freedom! I would suggest him and I have to some of my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

I, a young student, had been looking (unsuccessfully) for a doctor until I found Dr. Hancock a few years ago. He is clear, polite, precise and has always been easy to get a hold of and readily available. Way better than medi-clinics and in a great location. Gentle and professional. Gives true, honest opinion, yet respects whatever final decision you make about your own health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2010

The College of Physicians did a spot inspection of the facility in November 2010 and determined the standard of cleanliness and sterility was the highest. They issued a certificate confirming this and it is displayed on the office wall. No doubt you will find fault with their judgement. M.Hancock

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2010

I question his knowledge in regards to medical reports as well as his knowledge on Health Canada Sanitization disinfection protocals. I was in his office and instead of having a usual sharps container it was a plastic ice melter container. I had never seen him prior to this appointment and he checked my b/p and asked a few questions for my medical ( as per job requirement. Reception was not friendly on the phone when making appointment. However he seemed nice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

This man is a moron! I question his medical knowledge, as he has consistently mis-diagnosed virtually all problems that I have ever had. He has been my doctor for over 5 years now, and I am looking for a new one, but because I am a pensioner, and don't drive, I am limited to my distance to go for medical help, and he happens to be close to my home. Anyway, he is a fool, I shake my head every time I leave his office, and wish I could find any other doctor close. I have high blood pressure, have had it for almost 20 years, and he has been prescribing me pills for it for the whole 5 years I have been seeing him. 3 times that I have gone to his office he looks at me, and then says that he can't remember any problems that I have with blood pressure, and after flipping through a bunch of totally disorganized pieces of paper, stated that has nothing in my chart that says that I have high blood pressure. He takes my blood pressure, and says it is fine. I have to get the pharmacist to call him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

My husband booked a consultation and vasectomy with Dr. Hancock. After taking a day off work and travelling to Edmonton and a very long wait he refused to do the procedure. He didn't offer any explaination and wouldn't answer any questions as to why, but just referred him to another doctor. I was not impressed with his bedside manner and why he wouldn't answer our questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247340].votes_count ]]