Rate Dr. Barbara Wood

Dr. Barbara Wood's Ratings

I'm going onto my second year of pain and Dr. Woods has been amazing. She sent me in all the right directions and exploring other options. She is so knowledgeable and compassionate even after all this time. I would never think about going to another doctor…even after the rudeness and ignorance that her assistant portrayed. Her assistant is deplorable. I think she forgets that the patients are the ones having a bad day/life and don't need this attitude. "WE" are the ones that pay your salary. It has been an on going issue from the first day. It does not matter how kind and professional you act towards her she treats you as if its a hardship to be speaking with you. Her voice holds tones, she is short, and ignorance is always at the tip of her tongue. She's an outright ****. Kinda thought that was part of her job?? I love Dr. Woods and will continue to see her as she is amazing. However she should find a suitable replacement for her assistant. I can't see it being a difficult task.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr Wood helped make a diagnosis that several other physicians before had failed to discover. If there is something wrong, she will work hard to uncover what it is. She is always happy to see me, remembers me every time and has been very kind.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2012 | flag

I have been going to see Dr. Wood for 9 years. Best doctor, I trust her, very knowledgeable. Before I would go to medicentres. Now I refused to go to any doctor then Dr. Wood. She is very smart, and looks into all of my concerns. Doesn't miss a step. Very professional and friendly. If there are anymore major concerns that she cannot handle, then she refers you to a specialist. The staff that she works with are very friendly and professional. They all know what their doing, and play a major role in your experience at the doctor office. The only concern I have with, I wish sometimes I had more time, my appointments seem short sometimes. Other then that, Dr. Wood is truly a great doctor. Thank you Dr. Wood.

Submitted May 26, 2012 | flag

Very knowledgeable. Great doctor. Ensure to book ample time to see her though because the appointments are brief. BE WARNED: Her receptionist is one of the worst people I have ever met (EvER), and you are treated like an inconvenience and she can be quite hostile when asking simple questions.

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag

Dr. Wood was my doctor for the majority of the 11 years I lived in Edmonton. She's fantastic... I really can't say enough about her! Not only does she know what she's doing, but she takes the time to listen to your concerns and refers you to a specialist when it's needed. She's extremely thoughtful and caring, and even called me at home on a couple occasions to see how I was recovering from an injury. That's very rare in a doctor these days, and I was sorry to lose her when I moved out of the province. I highly doubt that she's taking new patients, but if she is, I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Submitted April 28, 2011 | flag

Dr Wood did more for me a in few short months than my previous doctor did in two years. She is very knowledgable and very friendly. I am so very grateful to her and her staff.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

Firstly, the receptionist is very rude and its almost like you are disturbing her when you try to tell her you are there for your appointment even though a person normally waits weeks to get an appointment there. Secondly, she is just another one of those doctors who wants you in and out within 5 minutes. In my case, I received no resolution to my problem, and she actually told me there was nothing wrong with me, yet 2 weeks later I am still sick. Useless.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor. Thorough and informatiove. I have used her for over 10 years. She seems to be well connected within the community of doctors. Non judgemental.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag

She tends to be rushed, perhaps in an attempt to see as many patients as possible in a day. Having said that, she is quite thorough, and always quick to recommend and make referrals to a specialist when something strikes her as odd or suspicious about a symptom. I have been a patient for well over ten years and I like her a lot.

Submitted March 25, 2010 | flag

Dr. Wood's staff are exceptional. Her nurse is helpful and receptionist is extremely helpful and always remembers me even though I only see her once a year. As for the doctor, she is very abrupt and leaves me feeling that I am bothering her with my concerns. She is very good at referring you on to someone else. She is good at sending you for testing, but if those tests come back negative, no follow up happens and the symptoms are just forgotten.

Submitted March 18, 2010 | flag