You may also like

Rate Dr. Nicholas Leyland

Dr. Nicholas Leyland's Ratings

The hospital is very unclear when arriving as to what goes on there. Why is it called a children's hospital when they do high risk obstetrics and adult women's surgery? Anyway, it doesn't matter because they do great work there!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I would just like to start off by saying this man is AMAZING! And his staff are so compassionate and just as amazing!
I am just over 4 weeks post op and have been dealing with endometriosis pain for years. There was quite a bit removed and I can't remember the last time I felt this great.
I can't begin to say enough great things about this man and his staff, nurse Annette was there by my side until I was out, and came to check on me in recovery. It almost brings me to tears looking back on that day, I was so scared and nervous and they all made me feel so cared for.
I would recommend this team to ANYONE they truly are angels.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2694920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Had Laproscopic surgery 6 weeks ago to remove a 20 cm cyst, left ovary and both fallopian tubes. It was a difficult surgery as Leyland mentioned, however he was able to remove everything that needed to come out. Dr. Leyland is a very knowledgeable doctor, he did a fantastic job. I had little to no pain after surgery. Four days after surgery I was back at work 1/2 days and full days the following week. His staff is second to none with the care and understanding they provided for me as I was very scared of the surgery process. I do not have enough room here to say how grateful I am for the incredible care and expertise I experienced from Leyalnd and the staff and Mc Master Hospital. A bonus, I even went down one size in my pants after the surgery !!! A definite 5 STAR patient experience all round! The highest of recommendations from this patient!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Had surgery for stage 4 endometriosis and I have never felt better! The nurses...staff ...Leyland were amazing! I was told previously that my endo couldn't be removed from certain areas...he got it all! I have been pain free for the FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS!! I cried tears of joy at my last appointment because finally I was taken care of! Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2576342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Leyland and his staff were all very kind and considerate during my recent first visit for fibroids. The doctor was very knowledgeable and took his time to answer my questions, never making me feel rushed or unimportant. He presented all my options clearly and said the final decision would be mine to make. He was compassionate and caring and I left the appointment feeling reassured that I was in capable hands. I'm very pleased Dr. Leyland will be caring for me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2560369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Amazing doctor and staff! First two surgeries were performed by a Toronto doctor. Went to Dr Leyland for my third surgery. 12 weeks post op, I feel better than I have in years. He gave me my life back! Dr. Leyland is an endometriosis expert! I wish I had seen him sooner!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2557241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr Leyland is experienced with my rare condition and having seen a list of specialities he knew exactly what it would take to remedy the problem and operate. I suffered chronic pain and now I'm pain free. Hamilton Health Science has amazing new facilities, a nurse navigator who was my point person for any concerns and was the first to greet in in the recovery room. Its worth the drive from Toronto for this level of care!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1562025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

A stellar physician and surgeon. Compassionate, knowledgeable, academic, articulate, and superbly skilled. A real warrior against the endogenous forms of violence against women when considering his dedication to treating the multi-dimensional agonies of endometriosis. As a Torontonian healthcare worker, I had no qualms about commuting to MUMC in Hamilton to see him. Post-op day 17 I feel better than I have all year. He and his team arduously sculpted their way through my stage IV endometriosis with utmost gentleness and thoroughness. He cuts disease, not corners. His wider ring of staff are so kind and respectful; they comprise a receptive front full of concern and sensitivity. The triage process is excellent, with striking efforts to accomodate serious cases. This is a team full of energy and true caring, in a pristine, unrushed, well-resourced facility. The team was a light at the end of a very dark tunnel, & their treatment of me a window to a better life. Forever thankful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1562024].votes_count ]]