Rate Dr. Nicholas Leyland

Dr. Nicholas Leyland's Ratings

Amazing doctor and staff! First two surgeries were performed by a Toronto doctor. Went to Dr Leyland for my third surgery. 12 weeks post op, I feel better than I have in years. He gave me my life back! Dr. Leyland is an endometriosis expert! I wish I had seen him sooner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE... All this fool will say is take Lupron because it pays his bills and makes you suffer!!!! HIS STUPID LITTLE SIDE ELAIN IS NO BETTER!!!! Worst dr I have ever experienced !!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr Leyland is experienced with my rare condition and having seen a list of specialities he knew exactly what it would take to remedy the problem and operate. I suffered chronic pain and now I'm pain free. Hamilton Health Science has amazing new facilities, a nurse navigator who was my point person for any concerns and was the first to greet in in the recovery room. Its worth the drive from Toronto for this level of care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

A stellar physician and surgeon. Compassionate, knowledgeable, academic, articulate, and superbly skilled. A real warrior against the endogenous forms of violence against women when considering his dedication to treating the multi-dimensional agonies of endometriosis. As a Torontonian healthcare worker, I had no qualms about commuting to MUMC in Hamilton to see him. Post-op day 17 I feel better than I have all year. He and his team arduously sculpted their way through my stage IV endometriosis with utmost gentleness and thoroughness. He cuts disease, not corners. His wider ring of staff are so kind and respectful; they comprise a receptive front full of concern and sensitivity. The triage process is excellent, with striking efforts to accomodate serious cases. This is a team full of energy and true caring, in a pristine, unrushed, well-resourced facility. The team was a light at the end of a very dark tunnel, & their treatment of me a window to a better life. Forever thankful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

Dr. Layland is extremely talented gynecological surgeon. He was the only doctor in Toronto area who agreed to operate laproscopically on my very big fibroid without threatening me about huge blood loss and danger of loosing the entire uterus. I've been so fortunate to have him as my surgeon. He changed my life. I pray for him and his family every day! I hope that he will stay healthy and happy for a very long time and helps many-many more women to get back to their lives without pain and suffering.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Dr. Leyland is by far the most knowledgeable Dr. when it comes to endometriosis - I am so grateful I was referred to him. He just did my endo removal, pre sacral neurectomy and tubal die test. He is the first doctor to be honest and informative - explaining the advantages and disadvantages to each proceedure and option available, and still allowing me to choose the best options for me. I have been told when I was 21 I had my left tube removed - to which I had been told later on by a different doctor it was still there - Dr. Leyland is the only doctor who took the time to show me that indeed it is still there however non working ...finally an answer! I highly recommend this doctor to anyone who has been suffering from endo and pain - you will not find anyone better in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2012

He is by far the best gynecologist I have ever seen! He is knowledgable and very kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I posted before of what a great doctor Mr.Leyland is and I am not changing how I feel about that, he definitely knows his stuff, however he recently just packed up and left his Toronto office without informing any of his patients. When I finally tracked him down at McMaster in Hamilton I was told that I needed to get another referral and I just saw him less then a year ago! The last time I did see him he was abrupt with me saying that I need to stop making up things that werent there. I had Stage IV endo surgery 3yrs ago and it was all over the bowels, the surgery was long and extensive and I know the Endo is back yet "I need to stop imagining its there?" He may be the best surgeon but his bedside manner is awful. I feel like I have no where to turn at this moment and I am in serious pain. You dont just leave your patients in the dust without telling them. At least refer them to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562020].votes_count ]]