Dr. Michael Fehlings

Rate Dr. Michael Fehlings

Dr. Michael Fehlings's Ratings

A angel from heaven
He saved my life
No one can tell I had surgery no scars

Submitted Sept. 5, 2014 | flag

I literally just had surgery yesterday to have a massive herniated disc removed. When I went to my hometown hospital in extreme pain it was passed off as just "another flare up " when Dr. Fehlings saw my CT scan that was sent to him he agreed I needed surgery immediately. I was then transferred down to Toronto and had surgery the next morning. Not only was the dr and his entire team knowledgable they were so helpful and explained everything so I could understand and calmed my fears. Someone on here said the dr will only help you if you look like you have money, I am here to disagree. I am 32 years old and clearly don't look like I have money and was 18 days postpartum having had my son via c section I was unprepared to be in the hospital and looked a mess, (hairy legs and all) and I was treated with nothing but care and respect from Dr. fehlings and his entire team.. I find myself so lucky to have had this procedure done so quickly as this would never have healed itself and would have left me in massive pain or crippled. I feel blessed at this new start to my life with my new son!!! Thank
You so much DrFehlings and team!!!

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fehlings is a brilliant neurosurgeon. Highly intelligent, experienced, and trained. He has performed several spina fusion surgeries on my mother first starting in the lower lumber region and over time moving up to the T2 level. He has saved my mother time and time again from permanent neurological damage. He has relieved her pain and given her quality of life. Because of him, my mother can walk. My mother loves him!!! He is kind and gentle with her. Always holds her hands. Always reassures her that he will do everything he can for her. And he always does. While some of her surgeries have been beyond difficult, he has always managed to perform his magic. This man is a gift from GD. I'm grateful he is always willing and able to help my mother.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

Excellent, kind and great team ! If only all doctors with teams worked so efficiently . Kudos to the nurse Lily. Thank you:)

Submitted March 21, 2013 | flag

I met with Dr Fehlings in April 2010 had he advised me I needed to have c4-5, c5-6,c6-7 anterior cervical discetomy. I would have been in a wheel chair within 6 months if I didn't have it. I had my surgery within 3 months of meeting him I had instant feeling in my toes and less pain right after my surgery. I have no symtems since. I can live a very productive life now! There were issues of not having a bed for me the day of my surgery and he fought and made sure I was able to have my surgery that day. As busy as he and his staff are he made sure I had all my questions answered. I can never thank him and his staff enough for giving me my quality of life back.

Submitted March 19, 2013 | flag

Although he has a big entourage of people who "assist" him, his clinic doesn't move very fast unless of course you look like you have money! waited years for surgery, and when I finally got it, i'm worse off than I was before surgery.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

Dr Fehlings was excellent. Had a couple of problems following my first surgery so he followed me like a shadow when I had the second one done. He was supportive and explained everything in detail.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2012 | flag

EXCELLENT!!!! My mother got her life back........he was unable to hardly walk, and when she did, it was very painful, and to eleviate some of the pain, she needed to bend over (90 degrees) Dr. Fehlings and his group were fantastic!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

I had a very rare surgery and was treated very well by this doctor. if you are looking for knowledge he is the guy

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Fehlings may be an excellent doctor but I have yet to decide. We had a consult last year and were told that my surgery would be booked in 6 months. We are now at the one year mark and have heard nothing DESPITE countless messages left. In every other place of business it is a common courtesy and expected practise to return calls. I know I am not dying but my life is on hold waiting and medicating.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2011 | flag