You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Fehlings

Dr. Michael Fehlings's Ratings

Sure i have been waiting since Nov to get appointment to show him my MRI my Dr keeps sending a ref 3 times now B Green

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I am home now recovering from ACDF at four levels.Dr. Fehlings is an outstanding surgeon. I will be forever grateful to him. My pain has gone and function has resumed. Dr. Fehlings and his team are professional and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2800567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

He doesn't fix other surgeons mistakes! Shame on anyone that believes money or appearance are indicators as to if he does your surgery! Yes his confidence can be seen as arrogance. His results back up his demeanor. Always remember we need him, not the other way around.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2758536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr Fehlings was my doctor when I fract my C2 vertebrae in 2005. He put me in a halo and I healed well. Now 10 years later I need surgery for a compressed spinal cord - Cervical Spondylotic Myleopathy. He has promised expedited surgery as my condition is very bad and I have multiple complications. I am high risk but he promised me he will help me to the best of his ability. I trust him totally and I know he will keep me from getting worse. He is brilliant and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2727352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

He may be a brilliant man but he has no compassion for his patients and is very rude and arrogant man. I was referred to him by one of his colleagues. He told me he came done from the O,R, to see me, I had a schedules appointment that day confirmed by his secretary. Also he went to school for many years to become a Neurosurgeon and I was not dying yet so when I was he would treat me! Until then he would not see me on a regular basis. I have had two previous neurosurgeries by a wonderful caring man , also a brilliant man who has retired from surgery. I requested a referral from my family M.D to another Neurosurgeon and he is wonderful and follows me on a regular basis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

He is a big disappointment to me. I had him as my neurosurgeon as I had problems following a spinal cord injury. On one followup visit, he informed me that I was not ^pulling my weight^ in terms of fundraising for his research labwork at TWH. I was dumfounded after the appointment as I never had a doctor link the care I received from him with my efforts to support his work privately. My wife witnessed everything he said too. A year or so later, my family Dr. tried on a number of occasions to get a followup appointment, but never was there a response from his office. I even went through the emergency dept. at TGH with the emergency dept. physician requesting an appointment with him but again there was no reply. I can only assume that I failed to meet his financial expectations in my fundraising efforts, so he had denied me from receiving his care. This is not only immoral, but a failure in his following his oath to his patients. i had no choice but to find a new neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2702147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

A kind,considerate and brilliant surgeon. I was suffering from numbness on my two legs and feet and with my surgery done on dec 10 2014 I am walking and feeling normal,thank you so much to dr. fehlings and his staff,god bless you all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

Fehlings is a coward. And don’t get me started on his classism—a blatant phenomenon that my wife also witnessed. I have Multiple Myeloma and hence, nine compression fractures, due to spinal deterioration. Because of nine kyphoplasties I had performed by {heroic, fabulous} Roger Smith of the Toronto Western, I am able to stand—but not upright. Sadly, the kyphoplasties have left masses of glue on the vertebrae, and thus, on my now-messy MRIs. In addition, I have lost four inches of height and have tremendous curvature of the upper spine. I am in excruciating pain and must surely require surgery to boost my height (perhaps with a U rod or a Harrington rod) enough that one critical locus of stenosis (mid Torso) may be remedied. I waited eight months to see Fehlings. Finally, I registered a complaint with UHN Patient Relations. Three days later, his secretary called—but denied that her call had anything to do with my call to Patient Relations. His intern was very kind, and showed my wife and I (on my MRI) three reasons for my pain. But sadly, when Fehlings came in, he said, “There’s nothing I can do.” Then, he went on to contradict his intern and tell me there was no neurophysiological reason for my pain—I’ll say it again: he refuted my pain. Moral of the story? Sadly, in a Universal Healthcare system, doctors may pick and choose the cases they want to do. This is why doctors like Fehlings (or Finkelstein of Sunnybrook, who wouldn’t even see me once) have perfect surgery records. Your record would be perfect too, if you had the option to decline unappealing cases (ie. gluey MRIs)--to just take a pass on the tough ones. I thank OHIP and Dr. Reece of Princess Margaret for saving my life and at least postponing the inevitable consequences of my incurable cancer. But remember this: American neurosurgeons do not have the luxury to pass on the tough ones—they need to compete and get clients, in order to put food on the table. Shame on all of us. Shame on the whole system.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2560140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

A brilliant surgeon. Skilled, thorough and clear communicator. Supported by an equally dedicated team of health professionals. Bonus for being a most respectful and likable physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

A angel from heaven
He saved my life
No one can tell I had surgery no scars

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525817].votes_count ]]