Rate Dr. D. Roy Chernoff

Dr. D. Roy Chernoff's Ratings

He's a good doctor with a lot of knowledge and compassion for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Dr. Chernoff has been my doctor since he delivered me (I'm now in my late 20's) and he has never steered me or my family wrong. He has a very no-nonsense, practical approach and he won't waste your time on pointless things, but when you've got a legitimate issue he will listen and help you out with it. There have also been a few times that he noticed something other than what I came in for, and I am grateful for his attentiveness.

He is a true family doctor, which means he might be out delivering a baby or something, so you might occasionally have to wait a while at your appointment, or even see another doctor at the clinic. This has only happened to me once though.

The staff at the clinic are excellent as well. In my experience, Roy has always worked with good people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. C is the best! I started going to him on a recommendation 14 years ago. I was a single young mom. He treated me and my son with respect and consideration. I asked him to be my family Dr. And he agreed. Since then I have gotten married, he still took on my husband and step daughter and recently my sister in law. It's always slow to get in to see him because he's so in demand, but he is worth it. I travel over two hours to see him and he is worth it! May have to spend time in waiting room, but then again, he makes it worth it by being such a personable knowledgeable and supportive dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

Dr. Chernoff was in the room with my mother when she gave birth to me in 1983 and I have gone to him ever since. Before they moved to their new renovated office my baby picture was still up on their bulletin board in the back. Very family friendly office and they truly care about their patients. Dr. Chernoff was my GP throughout my pregnancy and unfortunatly he was away when I gave birth to my son, but Dr. Parker was a supurb backup. He's very funny, sarcastic and makes a dreaded Dr's visit enjoyable. If I see him out at a movie theatre or when he comes into where I work he always remembers you and has a chat about how your doing or what you've been up to. My review for Dr. Chernoff is TOP NOTCH!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

I started seeing this doctor soon after he set up his practice over 20 years ago and I would recommend him to anybody. He's respectful and sensible and doesn't waste time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2011

I got a referral for laser wart treatment with Dr. Chernoff. He thought it best to do liquid nitrogen instead, so he did that. After the treatment, I went into shock for over an hour- never had so much pain in my life. He burned way too much skin, and missed half the warts- not a good aim I guess. I had the courage to look at my feet the day after, and the areas that were treated are black and blistered. I look like I have a 6th toe on my one foot. My husband had to take a day off work to take care of me. He says he takes a more aggressive approach than most family doctors to treating warts- that's for sure. I'm sure he is a perfectly competent doctor in other areas and I feel terrible for writing a bad review about him- he really is very pleasant and a kind man. But, if you want to get warts treated I suggest you take another route to save yourself a lot of pain. He doesn't even like doing it, and I can see why. Don't judge his overall competence as a doctor on this review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2010

Good guy, helpful, sometimes you need to(like in all of canada) give him a boot to get going, show him how sick you are and he will help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

answers all questions wel and takes time to make sure all is clear. Some dont like his sarcasm but i think it makes the visit more comforting and not so stuffy and serious

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009

Dr. Chernoff has been our family doctor for twenty years and has always been very helpful. Remembers his patients and always asks how everyone is doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2008

Dr Chernoff is my GP's backup in the office, and when my GP couldn't be there, Dr Chernoff Delivered my daughter in June/08. He is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853370].votes_count ]]