Dr. Peter Hum

Rate Dr. Peter Hum

Dr. Peter Hum's Ratings

My spouse has seen Dr.Peter Hum since he was a little boy. He had an accident at work and was in the Royal Alex hospital Neurology Ward . When Dr Hum found out what had happened he came down to see how he was doing. This is a Dr. who is invested in his patients. Thank you Dr Hum for being a wonderful and thoughtful Dr.

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hum has been my dr. for almost 15yrs, & my hubby's dr for almost 30. He is kind & he jokes with the kids & just makes seeing the dr not seem so scary. He really knows his stuff & he'll answer any question you have. he never seems to have enough time though. He always seems to be rushed & it almost makes you feel guilty if you have too many questions/concerns. His front staff needs improvement by far, not friendly at all. He cares about his patients though, & has even called me after hours & on weekends for test results and/or concerns. He's quick to get you in for testing or specialists if needed. My only complaint is that after knowing him for so long he trusts me so I can almost walk in there and tell him what hurts and he will prescribe meds without much concern. I'm not big on pills and would rather find the cause than to be prescribed something. I would highly recommend Dr. Hum to anyone and everyone though. He really does care and knows his stuff!

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

He is absolutely the best doctor, has an awesome bedside manor. He is always happy to see you, even if you keep going back for little things. He always makes you feel welcome, and will inquire on things within his reason.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2013 | flag

This is a walk-in clinic so I am neutral on the punctuality of this doctor and I think the Dr. is quite knowledgeable about what he does. The problem with this doctor is that because most of the patients in the waiting room are waiting to see him but not the other doctors, therefore I am extremely disappointed that he will rush you out of his office almost always in record time of 1-2 minutes. In addition to this, he doesn't renew prescription over the phone so that contributes to the fact that he becomes what I call a prescription dispenser. And because of the workloads, I found him to be irritable and rude rushing you out of his office. I have been a patient there a long time and I think he has changed over the years so I think I am going to find new doctor who will be more professional,compassionate and dedicated to his patients.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2012 | flag

Dr Hum has been a god send to me !!! Literally Dr Hum has saved my life. I have been plagued by the most horrific migraines for 45 yrs & Dr Hum is first Dr to treat me as a patient, not drug seeker, attention seeker, or question the validity of my pain during a 6+ week attack of constent chronic migraines. Prior to meeting Dr. Hum I had been treated as if I was lying about these headaches, humiliated and sent home only to end up in the emrg rm for hours when the pain became so intolerable I no other choice. Dr Hum is a compassionate man, learned, understanding, kind & always willing to listen without judgement. He believes in proper pain management and vascular treatment without which I could not funtion with any real quality of life during a miagraine storm . He is an excellent DR and I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hum has looked after me since I was born, now I am turning 29. He is the best Dr. in the entire world and it will be so sad if and when he finally decides to retire and enjoy his family. He is truly compassionate to all of his patients and is extremely devoted to to helping people.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2010 | flag

If God needed a doctor he'd call Dr. Peter Hum. Yes, he really IS that good. I've known the good doctor for over 30 years. Try him; you'll like him. I might add that the good doctor is fluent in Chinese and French, as well as very articulate in English. Cute too!

Submitted Sept. 23, 2010 | flag

Always a positive experience. I trust in his ability as a MD. Definitely recommend!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Hum most of my life. He is an amazing doctor. He actually cares about you, listens and doesn't rush you out of the room so he can move on to the next patient! Its hard to find a doctor these days that does all that.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2009 | flag

Dr Hum has been my family doctor since I was 15 yrs old. Now that I am 40 years of age he has seen me through 3 pregnancies as well as seeing my children for various things. Dr Hum has always been VERY helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. I fear the day when he decides not to practice anymore. Although wait times in his walk in clinic are a little long sometimes, (where else would you go that you won't find the same with the shortage of Doctors in Alberta ) myself and my family will continue to see him. He has always treated us with great knowledge and even more compassion - In a day and age where it is most often hurry,hurry,hurry - he takes the time to find out exactly what the problem is and finds the best way to fix it.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2008 | flag