Rate Dr. Grace Y. Liu

Dr. Grace Y. Liu's Ratings

I first met Dr. Liu in 2008, it was my second pregnancy (the first I did have have Dr Liu, and had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my right tube), I was high risk. From the moment I met her, she made me feel like she really did care about me, and my baby. I remember one of the first things she said to me was I'm going to try to make the next 9 months as comfortable as I can for you, and she did! She is warm, caring and really takes the time to answer your questions, and believe me I had many. My pregnancy was going normal until about 6 months when my blood pressure started to rise slightly, she wanted to take me off work, but I didn't feel it was necessary, so I went from working 5 days/wk, to 3 days/wk, and then at 7 months I was at 1 day/wk. I'll never forget the day I went to see her I was 33 weeks, she took my blood pressure and said that's it, I'm admitting you...I thought she was kidding, but I was admitted. That week she came to visit me with her daughter, the other ladies in my ward asked me if that was my friend, I said no she's my doctor...who has ever heard of a doctor visiting a patient on her day off? Thanks to Grace, and her instincts, she was determined to keep me in the hospital, until I was ready to be induced at 36-37 weeks, she saved my life. A week after I was admitted my blood pressure spiked, I had a seizure (it happens 3x a year at most) and had to have an emergency C-section. Her instincts were right! God blessed me with a beautiful baby boy on Dec 1. Grace is one of the best doctors, I was privileged enough to have met her, she was my angel. I decided to write this review/comment because I read below how people are upset about her taking time off during the holidays/March Break/ Summer etc. so what, why are you faulting her for wanting to be with her own children during those times, it shows me that not only is she an amazing doctor, but also a dedicated Mom! As for the comments about trying to get through etc. I don't blame her or Sandra, I blame our government for all the cutbacks that they have made at the taxpayers cost! We are losing valuable doctors/nurses etc. because they want to find a better paying job elsewhere! Thank you so much Grace, you are not only my doctor, but have become like family to me! And don't worry, one day I will write a book about my experiences, it will be long, and you will get the first copy LOL...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2685674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Very warm, caring and knowledgeable. Great bedside manners. Made my wife and I very comfortable. Any patient of Dr Lui's should feel lucky to have her.

Sanjay S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr Liu is amasing. She provided me with optons thst were not available to me with my local o/b. Made me feel like I was in the vety best of hsnds day of surgery. Now pregnant at 38. Day I thought would never come until she did her magic on me. Sandra ia very nice ans yes busy. Very difficult to have my calls answered or returned. She could maybe use more admin help in the office

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I am so happy I found Dr. Liu. After struggling for years with symptoms related to my fibroids, I finally have someone I trust to remove them while leaving the rest of me intact. I cannot overstate how kind and considerate she has been during all three of my visits. She is incredibly helpful, generous with her time, friendly and knowledgable. I really believe she could practice anywhere, and that we are extremely lucky to have her here in Toronto. Sandra is also lovely. I have no idea what people are talking about when they express concerns about her friendliness or helpfulness. She has been fabulous!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I am prospecting for a doctor who will perform a myomectomy. I do not want a hysterectomy and this is the only option being given to me by the doctors I visited. I plan to visit Dr.Liu for a consultation, because I have been advised that she is the most considerate and best doctor who will reasonably consider myomectomy as an a option.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516603].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I was referred to see Dr. Liu by my High Risk OB. She fit me in to see her within a week and the following day I had surgery with her (she fit me into the OR schedule as an unscheduled patient). She took time to understand my history and was very companionate and sincere about the situation. In the OR she was very comforting and professional. The following day she visited me in my hospital room to make sure I was comfortable and reassured me that the surgery went well. I’ve been to several other OB’s in the GTA and Dr. Liu is at the top of my list.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1072915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2013

I wish I would have not dismissed Dr. Liu's negative review on this site. Yes, she can be friendly and nice, especially, when it comes to signing a consent form, but she is also one of the most incompetent and irresponsible gynaecologists I have ever met. She did not take into consideration my medical history, nor did she monitor the condition for which I was referred to her before recommending a surgical treatment. I ended up having a major surgery, which turned out to be unnecessary. The worst part is that she botched the surgery, and now I have complications that may not be fixed even with another surgery. I had zero pain before the surgery, and now I have to live with it for the rest of my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1072917].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013

Dr Lui has earned the up most respect in my books, her knowledge, skill, abilities and compassion far surpass any other physician that I've ever encountered regardless of specialty . She has treated my Wife for over 8 difficult years and because of her we are now starting a family for the first time. Any patient of Dr Lui's should feel very blessed as they are receiving the best care and advice available!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1072914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

I'm @ a complete loss 4words as this MD comes highly recommended,by this site.She's nowhere near as good as rated.Who rates this MD? We need objective ratings!Her competency is poor.It took me over 1.5yrs to get an apptmt. Apptmts always cancelled last min.MD wks very p/t hrs,is always clsd or on long vacations.Secretary is disorganized&always AWAY. When I did finally go in 2see her, she barely lked @the reports sent by FP, barely examined me. Pretended to be friendly, in retrospect is condescending.She showed LITTLE compassion for my issues. When my problem returned, she refused to give me an appt, stating that my issue doesn't return.NONSENSE!She sent me back to my FP to get another referral, although it had only been a couple of months since I last saw her. You only need to obtain a new referral if it's been more than 1yr since you last saw her.Clearly she's only there 4 $$. Her knowledge&bedside manner r deficient.Exam rm has no sink, does she wash her hands?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1072913].votes_count ]]