Rate Dr. Grace Y. Liu

Dr. Grace Y. Liu's Ratings

I was referred to see Dr. Liu by my High Risk OB. She fit me in to see her within a week and the following day I had surgery with her (she fit me into the OR schedule as an unscheduled patient). She took time to understand my history and was very companionate and sincere about the situation. In the OR she was very comforting and professional. The following day she visited me in my hospital room to make sure I was comfortable and reassured me that the surgery went well. I’ve been to several other OB’s in the GTA and Dr. Liu is at the top of my list.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2013 | flag

I wish I would have not dismissed Dr. Liu's negative review on this site. Yes, she can be friendly and nice, especially, when it comes to signing a consent form, but she is also one of the most incompetent and irresponsible gynaecologists I have ever met. She did not take into consideration my medical history, nor did she monitor the condition for which I was referred to her before recommending a surgical treatment. I ended up having a major surgery, which turned out to be unnecessary. The worst part is that she botched the surgery, and now I have complications that may not be fixed even with another surgery. I had zero pain before the surgery, and now I have to live with it for the rest of my life!

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr Lui has earned the up most respect in my books, her knowledge, skill, abilities and compassion far surpass any other physician that I've ever encountered regardless of specialty . She has treated my Wife for over 8 difficult years and because of her we are now starting a family for the first time. Any patient of Dr Lui's should feel very blessed as they are receiving the best care and advice available!

Submitted Jan. 28, 2013 | flag

I'm @ a complete loss 4words as this MD comes highly recommended,by this site.She's nowhere near as good as rated.Who rates this MD? We need objective ratings!Her competency is poor.It took me over 1.5yrs to get an apptmt. Apptmts always cancelled last min.MD wks very p/t hrs,is always clsd or on long vacations.Secretary is disorganized&always AWAY. When I did finally go in 2see her, she barely lked @the reports sent by FP, barely examined me. Pretended to be friendly, in retrospect is condescending.She showed LITTLE compassion for my issues. When my problem returned, she refused to give me an appt, stating that my issue doesn't return.NONSENSE!She sent me back to my FP to get another referral, although it had only been a couple of months since I last saw her. You only need to obtain a new referral if it's been more than 1yr since you last saw her.Clearly she's only there 4 $$. Her knowledge&bedside manner r deficient.Exam rm has no sink, does she wash her hands?

Submitted Dec. 27, 2012 | flag

I loved her so much. She is amazing and was always really kind to me. I had no problems with Sandra either and found both of them to be really nice. My husband recently told me that Mr.Liu used to flirt with him when I wasn't around. This really hurt my feelings because she was my ob throughout my first pregnancy and our family really trusted her. My husband did not tell me this throughout my pregnancy because I had a lot of complications and was very upset through most of my pregnancy so he didn't want me to feel worse. I had a really difficult pregnancy and she was there for me through all the problems I had so hearing this was very difficult for me. I used to rave about her to everyone. She's still a great doctor but it just hurt my feelings to hear this.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2012 | flag

I have been in contact with Dr. Lui's office since Apr 2012. I read great reviews about her, but not so great about her secretary (Sandra). Since attempting to book my first appt Sandra has been great. I find her very friendly, compassionate and patient. I think enough thanks in not given to the first point of contact (Sandra). I would not take the negative comments about Sandra, but form your own opinion from your own experience. I would hate for someone to be cautious like I was (almost looking for another Dr). But Sandra is the first point of contact, so I am sure she is very busy and may not be able to contact you back right away or pick up the phone when you call (she usually does pick up when I call. But they are VERY BUSY!! Dr Liu is great (as mentioned), she is friendly, caring, makes you feel at ease, empathetic answers all your questions, and seem genuinely interested in your concerns. Wish she could be my OB when I get preg, but live to far. They make a great team!!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2012 | flag

Highly skilled minimally invasive laparoscopic gyn surgeon-Probably one of the best in the world-she drained a huge ovarian cyst-endometrioma the size of a 1 litre milk bag-previous surgeons before coming to Sunnybrook wanted to cut me open and completely remove my entire ovary-she also has superior bedside manner.

Submitted June 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Liu is amazing. She delivered my second daughter in the new facility at Sunnybrook. She is kind, caring and very informative. Her assistant Sandra is also wonderful. My delivery at Sunnybrook was top knotch and the care was above and beyond. I would recommend Grace and her team to anyone. Thank you Grace and Sandra.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Liu is the angel I prayed for! After serious pain and complications at the start of 2011 and several challenges finding a suitable OBGyn, a friend told me about Dr. Liu is professional, friendly with excellent bedside manner. I had an abdominal myomectomy and after my first meeting with Dr. Liu, she felt like a friend. I felt at home and re-assured. I was 150% confident she was the right person to do my surgery - where others failed me. Dr. Liu successfully removed 6 fibroids (3 large ones) and also discovered and removed a serious case of endometriosis which I had NO idea I had! She also my removed ovarian cysts. I will never forget on surgery day how Dr. Grace's bedside manner. I felt comforted when she took my hand letting me know all would be fine. I'm so grateful to have found such a wonderful OB with the hope of many children in my future! Dr. Liu's secretary is also great. She has a lot to keep up with to support such an amazing doctor and she does it well.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

Grace was my medical angel. After seeing 5 specialists in Toronto - all of whom shouted a resounding NO to my request of a myomectomy - Dr. Liu was the only one who agreed to removing my multiple fibroids. As it turned out, I had 55 and apparently I was not a record for her. The surgery was highly successful. The recovery was as expected. As a woman long past childbearing years, our medical systems opts for what is expedient and most cost-effective - a complete hysterectomy. With all the research I did on the possible lifelong side-effects, and despite the advice of all the other Toronto docs, I was determined to keep my uterus and ovaries, thank you very much. Dr Liu listened, understood my concerns and said 'YES'. What an amazing moment that was. Inhad searched for 18 mos. I consulted with an amazing doc in Santa Monica and another one in NYC - both of whom believe in performing hysterectomies only as a last result. Dr Liu restored my faith in our medical system. She is my hero

Submitted Aug. 27, 2011 | flag