INOVA Fairfax

Hospital

Rate INOVA Fairfax

Ratings for INOVA Fairfax

Value

INOVA Fairfax is my preferred hospital. From the moment in arrived at the emergency entrance to my discharge, I was greeted with mostly friendly professional caring staff. Since my first contact in the midst of my health crisis was positive, it set the tone for my entire stay.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Value

Absolutely the best hospital in the area. highest quality of care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Value

It's just an okay experience for me because it's half good and half bad, and I'm hospitalized a lot which I gotta change nephrologist at fairfax too. Some of the doctors know what track their on, but on different different days they switch some don't have empathy and knowledge to their max potential. The staff is very nice, but the doctors are average.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Value

This Hospital is by far one of the BEST Hospital's in all of Northern VA. My entire family has used it for various emergencies and procedures. My daughter delivered my granddaughter there in 2009. They had an excellent staff and they were amazing with her Delivery. She was high risk and when we got there she was slow to dialate. They had arranged for her to deliver that weekend as she was at 42 weeks hitting the 10th month of pregnancy. She told me she wanted to remain pregnant for awhile because she loved being pregnant and all the little nuances you enjoy, and I'm like, "I want to SEE my Granddaughter!!" I couldn't wait! She had to have nerve blocks and was so scared that the nursing staff had issued all of us out while they treated her. I was devastated, but more importantly I was worried about my Girl! I wanted her to have the most wonderful experience in the world! All of mine had been amazing, although I had a little incident after delivering my 2nd child, my daughter, but in all, I had no blocks or anything for pain except with my 3rd child, and they were all delivered naturally with all of them having 10.10 Abcar reading's. But by 6:00 pm the following day, she was exhausted and frightened because the blocks had worn off and the were thinking they'd have to perform a C Section. I walked in to get our belongings as we were going to run to the house to get my husband's medication when I heard them telling her to push. I Froze with dread and anticipation, when a Nurse whispered to my daughter that I was in the room. She told her "You're never going to be able to make her leave now! She can stay. She wanted to be here for this.". And I quietly cried! As they were pushing her forward, you could see​the baby's head! But the Dr eventually had to get a suction cup to help pull her out! My daughter was so upset because she felt like she had failed her child! She was crying​, and just as my little Granddaughter began to come out, I couldn't help it, but I yelled out, "Oh my God Angel, she's got the longest legs!" And she began to laugh and cry! They placed the most beautiful little baby onto her chest and I got and amazing photo of her holding our little perfect Joy, and looking down at her while she was whispering her apologies to her! All I could was turn around and walk over to the nurse's who were getting ready to weigh her. I was crying pretty bad too! I was so incredibly proud and happy and overcome with emotion's! I took great shots of the baby getting weighed and measured and then they let me and her grandfather, who had come looking for me by now, hold this precious, perfect little life! And nobody had a dry eye in the room! They finished up with her, and because my daughter had unfortunately contracted MERSA from the high-risk clinic in Fairfax, she required being quarantined for 5 days. And they had me spend a few nights with her to help Care for the baby. The entire staff at Fairfax was the most amazing and attentive group of caretakers I've ever seen! It turned out to be the greatest moment in my daughter's life! And that's what it should've​ been! The best part is I've been able to be in my little Angel's life since that moment and she is coming up on 8 yrs old next month! Truly my best little friend! Shortly after my husband passed away unexpectedly in Nov. 2015, my G'daughter had a seizure that scared us all to pieces! My husband was severely epileptic, so my daughter knew immediately what was happening. They transferred her to Fairfax which has an EXCELLENT Children's Dept. The next day, at precisely the same time, she had another! This time we really got nervous. One of the Top, Best Children's Numerologist's in our entire area just happened to be at Fairfax that night. They kept​her several days and they arranged for her to get an appointment with this Numerologist right away, which later we found that the average person has to wait about 4 months to see this Dr. Well, she is doing great today with no seizures and we're confident​ she will outgrow them as she gets older. The other person who I know that has received the utmost amazing care, was my Mother. When she fell and started bleeding in the brain, they were outstanding with her care. She would end up taking Keppra just like my husband and my granddaughter because the fall caused seizures. They treated her lung cancer and removed all of it because they caught it so early! My only regret is when she fell and Broke her hip last 12/23/14, that she didn't go to Fairfax for that. Instead, Fairoaks Hospital said there was nothing they could do to help my Mother because she would beers transfusion and they couldn't get a vein! Really!?? Fairfax would've! My brother was her caretaker and he refused to send her there for a 2nd opinion. Instead they sent her home with the broken hip, and my beautiful, loving Mom died on Jan. 6th, 2015. 11 months before my husband. She would​still be alive if she had gone there. She was 83, but she was in excellent shape, except for the dementia which was controlled. I didn't care if she remembered dates, she knew who we all were and she loved life! Fairfax also took care of my brother when he famously fell off the high dive at our pool and hit the concrete with his face. The even pulled his teeth down from his nose and reset his nose 8 months later in time for his school picture which Fort Hunt High School allowed him to take over! He was 16 or 17. And of course, our 2nd oldest brother received excellent treatment when a rock hit him in the eye while my Dad was mowing! They said had it hit 1 millimeter of inch closer, it would've blinded him! Over 40 years of the finest best care comes from Fairfax Hospital. The Dr's are specialist's in their fields, and have several outstanding department's that make it the Top Best Hospital around. The awards are too numerous to mention, but when I hear that a particular Dr I need is apart of the INOVA Fairfax Hospital as well as Fairoaks, or Mount Vernon, I know I'm in the best of care!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Value

WORST HOSPITAL AND EXPENSIVE! I was there for hours, they have me waiting in pain and sent me home telling me "Mam, what do you want me to do?" ...Went to an urgent care, it seems I was having an anxiety attach which has the same symptoms as a heart attack. Very Rude DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Value

I've had two really frightening experiences at this hospital.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Value

INOVA is the WORST hospital system west of the atlantic ocean. they suk from the ceo to the lowest scullery maid

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Value

Worst experience ever several times at this poor facility, dishonest staff and management, the very worst in medicine and treatment of patients I do not. Recommend this facility to my enemy

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Value

Facilities were fine, and nursing was very good, although short staffed. Unfortunately, the doctors were very disorganized and gave conflicting information.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Value

Terrible hospital - short-staffed and not enough beds. Patient care was more than terrible. I had been to 5 hospitals in my life so far, but this was the worse experience. Go to Reston or DC if you can.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Doctors at INOVA Fairfax

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.