Vidant

Rate Vidant

Ratings for Vidant

Value

Worst hospital ever! People are rude. Don’t care about the patients. Profit is their god. Money,money, money is all they want to get.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

Value

The first problem is that the ER discharged my mother twice to go home--an 85 year old partially blind woman who had broken her arm close to the shoulder joint and was in pain. On the 3rd ER visit, she was finally admitted. When she's finally discharged, she'll go to a skilled nursing facility. And yet this hospital sent her home! Twice! Beyond that, Vidant's policies are unfriendly toward family members, especially those located at great distance. The staff connected me to a case manager, who didn't return any of four calls over 3 days, even though I had the confidential password required to share information. This staff member then lied about trying to return my call, though my cell phone, the only phone I have, registered no calls and no voicemails. When the password later got changed, my mother's HCPOA refused to share it with me because, as he said, the hospital would only interact with one person for each patient. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ.com) an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, "Research shows that when patients are engaged in their health care, it can lead to measurable improvements in safety and quality. To promote stronger engagement, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality developed a guide to help patients, families, and health professionals work together as partners to promote improvements in care." Having greater involvement from family members leads to better outcomes from hospitalization. Given that family members in contemporary America are far flung, as well as the family dramas and traumas that may have relatives who care deeply about the same patient be unable to stand each other, limiting contact to only one person decreases the involvement of family. The nursing staff itself has been tremendously caring and supportive, even when they couldn't share information to relieve my anxiety. If you love someone, get in the car and drive them to the Triangle, to any other hospital; the treatment would have to be better than at Vidant.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Value

They need to have a better training program for their volunteers. They act like they don't know what's going on.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Value

During one stay the nurse let me lay in my own urine.This isn't half of the misery I endured at this racist hospital that runs off of the sickest patient.One too many schemes are being run from out of this rogue facility that targets negroes.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Value

Poor facility and bad experience on multiple occasions

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Value

Most of the staff are very rude and don't take the time to listen to patients at all! Most, not all, of the staff treat patients as if they are doing You a favor by doing the job they are paid and expected to perform. Very impersonal and impatient staff. Patients come to the hospital because they are sick and seeking medical attention, why would the people who are supposed to service the patients not care? Don't they remember why they picked the profession they did, was it not to help people?

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Value

Treat of old people by staff is degrading. Emergency room is a pure zoo. Rude staff. Confidentiality broken and privacy act broken while I was patient there. I have pictures of the bedsores my dad received there. I had to insist he be bathed and turned. I did like one of the Female PT that saw him. The male PT made a comment that if he were a 5 star general he may get better treatment. He obviously is not pro military. I told him no matter what amount of money, age, race, or if he did or not serve our country, which he did and my son graduated from a military school, all people deserve to be treated with respect and everyone deserves to die with dignity. One of the doctors was very nice and an administrator who I know is doing his job so patients with complaints will not file lawsuits did take time to call me and I appreciated it. An insurance supervisor, two in charge of billing with my mom, dad, and me were very helpful. So all staff are not bad. I just hope as I grow old, I do not live in Pitt County. I was traumatized there and hope changes are made....thanks to the ones who are in the positions there that do care....

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Value

Unprofessional in emergency room. Really do not think they care to help with health issues. Expert in putting others on the defensive. What a sad commentary on this for profit hospital.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Value

Absolutely, the worst medical care I've ever received in an ER visit and hospitalization. The staff overall was rude, under trained and at times I felt like a numberless slab of "beef" for government inspection.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Doctors at Vidant

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.