Memorial Mission

Hospital

Rate Memorial Mission

Ratings for Memorial Mission

Value

It's no longer Mission Hospital. Taken over by a publically traded company, . The docs work for the company and will not follow your personal physicians orders, nor even speak to or acknowledge your regular physician and you are likely to be seen by three or more " doctors " a day. No continuity of care. They don't know you from Adam , and you probably not see the same physician twice. Like cops, they have to make their quota of tests, etc. In order to bring in as much of your insurance company's money as quickly as possible, so they can get you out the door and bring in the next patient and keep the money rolling in. I'll never use "Misson" again. My experiences have been highly disturbing. Park Ridge and Pardee are great alternatives, and Charlotte hospitals are o ly 2 hours away if you have a serious need. I came in with. Hard chest pain, and the pseudo doctor mold me to make sure something was wrong with me before coming to Mission again. Proceed at your own risk. Really.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2019

Value

My daughter had a baby at Memorial Mission in 2014. The doctors at MAHEC supposedly scheduled a room for her to be admitted on a Tuesday to begin labor inducement and epidural. When she arrived, no room available. Asked her to return later that day, as she did. To make a very long, miserable story shorter, by Wednesday, she still had not delivered as the drip for inducement just dragged on and on. Now mind you, these doctors had diagnosed my daughter as high risk due to her age and very large fibroids as well as gestational diabetes. She rarely saw the same practitioner and never the one she had requested. The nurse, and I use that title loosely, on duty when they finally ramped up the inducement, was rude, unprofessional and seemed incompetent. She would not listen to anything my daughter was telling her...the baby is coming, I can feel the head between my legs. My daughter was standing with fluid running down her legs onto floor, not getting any direction from “nurse” except I know better than you when baby is coming. She had not examined my daughter or tried to comfort her in the least..only watched her monitor. Also, my daughter NEVER got the epidural. Family was at hospital until late Wednesday night and no sign of baby being born that night so everyone went home except husband. So when everyone left, they ramped up inducement, after cripping it along for 2 days, and with their pathetic anesthesia staff...1 person..my daughter was left to deliver without anesthesia and a “nurse” from hell. Keep in mind, everyone from the janitor to the doctors knew there were many women delivering and still they had one Anesthesiologist on duty in labor and delivery. Mission is notorious for women not getting their epidurals, as we found out later. After delivery, I sat in daughters room and watched the fluid which had dripped from her, dry on the floor without anyone even offering to clean it..and the sheet she delivered the baby on, which was of course bloody, was never changed, even though her husband asked this nurse to get it changed. My daughter had told this nurse over and over the baby was coming and she ignored her and gave her smart remarks til all of a sudden, she goes running to door, YELLING into hallway that she needs a doctor in room. My daughter had not talked with,been examined by or even seen a doctor in many hours and when this nurse yelled, about 5 people came bursting into room, told my daughter to push, hung around for a few minutes and gone again. Approximately, 2 months later, my daughter, her husband and I scheduled a meeting to complain about her treatment with someone in charge of nursing...I think...husband made appointment. Also in attendance was person from Patient Experience and head nurse in labor and delivery. My daughter was suffering from post partum depression and was told by a professional that she had been traumatized by labor and delivery experience, so she was in no state to even care for her baby, let alone speak about her nightmare but she attended meeting nonetheless. After telling our story to these three people, we were assured by the person in charge of nurses that they had failed us and they weren’t just giving us lip service..that she would do everything possible to see that the situation was rectified. The head nurse asked some questions and told us that she had worked at a hospital in Ohio, I think, and the doctors there instructed the nurses not to alert them of delivery until they knew color of babies’ eyes. The Patient Experience person kept her head down most of visit, didn’t ask questions and seemed bored and disgruntled that she had to be there. We were assured that we would be kept informed as to outcome. We received 1 letter from Patient Experience, telling us absolutely nothing about what had been done...or NOT done..and implying that my daughters husband did not want to hold her legs during delivery, as if that were the main complaint!! She mentioned this approximately 3 times in the letter....Disgusting and SHAMEFUL!! I would not take my pet rodent to MAHEC doctors and certainly not to Mission for delivery!!! In my opinion, pregnant ladies BEWARE!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Value

Great staff! I would gladly go there again for any other major or minor surgery.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Value

I wouldn't go anywhere else around here! Great Staff!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Value

My husband had surgery for a seriously ruptured appendix at Mission. The social worker/nurse said she was sending him home 36 hours after surgery. He is 82 years old and was not medically ready to go home in my humble opinion. The aforementioned individual indicated that it was her way or the highway. I mentioned that I was concerned about the likelihood that he would likely need to be readmitted. Tough luck!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Value

was not impressed with the quality of care and the food was atricious

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Doctors at Memorial Mission

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.