U Mass

Hospital

Rate U Mass

Ratings for U Mass

Value

The Transplant team is the best. They follow up on everything and give the best support

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Value

One disgruntled employee after another. The culture is awful, and I found the care to be VERY sub standard. Without naming my arrogant know it all PCP, I will say that I was put through many unnecessary tests and "in house" referrals, only to find the issue a year later on a scan for an unrelated injury. I had been told "we don't need to check that, because we won't find anything", when in fact that was where my problem lay. Lucky for me, I guess, I got injured. I will never go back. There are other options, where the staff is friendly, and the doctors empathetic. This place is not it. I would give them a zero, but like anything, there are a few hard working people there that don't deserve it. There is nothing worse, or more dangerous than a doc who thinks he knows it all and refuses to listen, and tells you what your issues are without tests or proper diagnosos. Terrible experiences over several years. I finally gave up. Massachusetts worst hospital(rated a 1 by the people who do hospital analysis) A zero must not have been available.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Value

In general very caring and compassionate staff. Very happy with the care.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Value

it is a great hospital i had some problems at first when i was there one time but i would be dead now if it wasn t for the staff at umass reviving me the night i was having kindey failure and died of pulmonary enemia they drs and thier staff really saved my life when i was only 22 years old

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Value

Benjamin J. Hyatt, M.D. is an arrogant, ignorant, know it all, who dismisses his patient's symptoms and distress in favor of his "experience". He refused to take a medical history and told me to stop talking. He supposedly diagnosed me without even doing one single test and without even placing his hands on me. I will never again visit this doctor or his clinic, even if brought to the ER by ambulance. I will pass the word to all family, friends, coworkers and anyone who will listen to me. I even told a stranger outside of the hospital what he did or did not do to help me.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Value

The UMass University campus is the worst when it comes to the Emergency Department. I went there with chest pain and there was a 7 hour wait! That's unheard of! How is a ER under staffed?! There was only one nurse that was sympathetic and the rest just saw you as another number with a complaint. Sorry for the inconvenience nurses, may be you should consider a career change if you don't like caring for others. Learned my lesson!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Value

Highly dangerous medical center full of corruption and intentional legal violations.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Value

Dr. Nancy Walker, my Cardiologist Surgeon, was, and is, very competent and compassionate. The same can be said for Dr. Timothy Fitzgibbons, my Cardiologist. I highly reccomend both of these fine Cardiovascular Doctors without reservation. Unfortunately, most of the RN's and LPN's are sorely lacking in the traits of competenance and compassion and can and did make my month long hospital stay miserable. The Step Down Unit is no place for a lazy staff.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Value

I have a few specialty doctors that are affiliated with UMass and they are all so great! I feel lucky with the doctors I have been able to receive care from. The University Campus is where I prefer to get my care, but all of the branches are good. I would definitely recommend UMass to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Value

Excellent facility. Very happy with the care and would recommend UMASS to you

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Doctors at U Mass

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.