Resurgens Orthopaedics: Daftari Tapan K MD

Hospital

Rate Resurgens Orthopaedics: Daftari Tapan K MD

Ratings for Resurgens Orthopaedics: Daftari Tapan K MD

Value

My wife was discharged while her pulse was still consistently dropping below 50. It was below 40 on several occasions over the last 2.5 days. A neurologist asked my wife, who was in extreme pain from a migraine and very weak due to her pulse, why he was even referred. I had to go find her nurse after 10 minutes in the room. He told us that he could not give her any medication because it had not put in her profile yet. She is in extreme pain. I finally had to go ask to speak to an administrator before a head nurse expedited getting her pain medication. To top it all off, she was discharged without having any kind of summary consultation with a doctor. We still don’t have a clue about why she collapsed or why her pulse rate was so low. We were told that the two EKGs they did were “slightly” abnormal but that they had no history to really compare them to. We told them that her primary care doctor had recent EKGs. They never attempted to get those or even contact him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Value

The hospital is better at cleaning. Some of the staff could be better about personal hygiene though for I had a nurse with bad body odor. Better training on prep for procedures needed. The food is awful especially the low-carb diet for they use cheap products instead of quality. What happened to going restaurant style where patients ordered when they wanted to eat instead of set times? I don't like to eat at 7am, 11am and 4pm. Sometimes I don't even want breakfast and I don't eat dinner at 4pm for it is too early. They used to allow orders to the cafeteria which has better food. Why not have the cafeteria provide all patient food? If someone needs a bland diet, then that can be done. But people need food that tastes good. If it doesn't taste good, it will not be eaten. Patients need decent food to get well so they can go home. I've had some food that was overcooked, dry, tainted by markers and even mold on it (rare), but the others are common. Please change menu-same for 13 yrs.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Value

My youngest daughter was born here in 2005 and I was a patient for about 2 weeks in 2009. Overall this is a great hospital with friendly staff but I find it depends on the ward. When I was a patient I was there for about 2 weeks in total but was there a 9 days, home 4 days and back 5 days. The first ward was awesome, the 2nd time I was admitted was in an old wing that was due to be demolished. I can understand the area not being in the best condition, however, the staff were ridiculous. In the first ward when I asked for something I got it immediately, in the 2nd I had to wait hours at times for things to be removed that were a part of my illness (I'll spare the reader the disgusting details) which caused a nauseating smell to be in the room. There's been construction in the mean time so hopefully the staff has improved as well.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Doctors at Resurgens Orthopaedics: Daftari Tapan K MD

Dr. Tapan K. Daftari

Dr. Tapan K. Daftari

Latest Rating

What can I say, I was referred to Dr. Daftari by a friend in the same practice. I had severe pain in my lower back and leg. I am a post polio patient and require a w... Read more