Windmoor Healthcare

Hospital

Rate Windmoor Healthcare

Ratings for Windmoor Healthcare

Value

Place is really terrible . The nurses are very good but the therapists Matthew are the worst at helping their patients that need help . Gabe was very good at helping out with finding some housing . Matthew was a joke !! Worst therapist ever had and him and the doctor didn't care about the aftercare . Reached out for help and they failed miserably !

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

Value

Dirty facility. Nurses uncaring and rude. Doctors available only a few minutes a day. Therapists and the group sessions not bad until patients started swearing and fighting. An absolutely terrible experience. One night approx. 1am CEO came onto unit loud enough to wake many patients up, didnt seem to care. Nurses took away our hygiene products so if you needed to brush your teeth good luck getting your toothbrush back. I couldnt even get so much as a chapstick without being told a DR. had to write a script for it the next day. One night I had terrible stomach pains. The 2 nurses trying their best to ignore me told me to go back to bed. I requested medical aid and wanted to call my spouse. They said we prefer you dont use the patient phone at this time you could disturb others. Could of cared less. Checked myself out within 48 hours. Uncaring, bullyin,g condescending, more interested in getting their paper work done than the well being of the patients. Awful experience. Plan on filing a complaint with the health dept. and the state.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2019

Value

This place was under staffed.Cold water.no hot water at all.was sexually assaulted by a staff member.was hit in the face by another psychotic patient. I came in to get better.came out more traumatized than before.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2019

Value

is place is a joke... an absolute nightmare. i would NEVER recommend this facility to anyone who's looking for help with their mental health. i checked in for help with anxiety, depression and suicidal idealization. here are some highlights from my stay. - the facility was absolutely DISGUSTING. the whole unit reeked of urine, cigarettes, and garbage. there were feces smeared on the wall next to my bed. the floor was so nasty that the bottom of my socks turned black after only a few minutes of walking around. i didn't see a single janitor for my entire 4 day stay. the only cleaning i saw take place was the nurses changing the bed sheets & wiping down the tables occasionally. my bathroom also didn't have a door..... the nurses seemed to be confused as to why. - i came in for depression/ anxiety and they had me living with patients who were screaming/ yelling all day, throwing chairs, fighting, etc. they don't have any cameras in the bedrooms either, they just check on you every few minutes. if your roommate is aggressive like mine was, good luck!!! - i (along with several others) had to wait ALL NIGHT in the lobby to get checked in. after waiting through the night until 7 am without even getting an assessment, i complained to the staff in the most polite way i knew how to. my complaints were only met with rude, snappy, demeaning remarks from the undertrained staff. - they didn't respect my privacy at all. they were discussing my diagnosises, address, date of birth, medications prescribed, etc. in the waiting room in front of everyone.1 - they refused to give me my meds for an entire day after waiting in the waiting room all night, causing vomiting, worsening anxiety/ depression, and hallucinations (which i don't normally have). when i informed the nurses, they acted as if it would have been impossible for me to experience these symptoms after suddenly not taking a psychotropic medication i've been on for a year now. the doctor didn't seem to care either. - the doctor was in and out as quickly as he could be, every time. he never took the time to listen to my problems or explain the treatment i was getting. he clearly wasn't concerned with my well-being at all. several other patients told me they went their entire visit without receiving any of the meds he prescribed them. - they refused to follow my dietary restrictions. no matter how many times i reminded them i didn't eat meat, i was almost always served bacon, chicken, etc. the food that they did give me was disgusting. never any condiments or seasoning. always cold. portions that wouldn't even fill up a toddler. and i normally like hospital food!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

Value

My father was a patient in the dual diagnonsis unit. He was welll treated and we are grateful

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Value

This hospital should be investigated by the State and Health Dept. My stepdaughter was diagnosed with schizoid affective Disorder. She was diagnosed by a previous outpatient psychiatrist. The level of care was extremely substandard and inaccurate as far as treatment for her. The staff was discourteous and when they sent her home by cab without my wife and I knowing this,she came home twice as bad than when she was admitted.her Meds were wrong and the people that ran the day program shouldn't be allowed to practice anymore. They created unwarranted behavior traits that amplified to a danger zone at home.i highly recommend you don't use this faculty.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Value

they should closed their doors bad doctors, over medicating patients that don't need it. Letting you go when your not stable . Giving you injections when you misbehave and they give you side effects that make you go to a main hospital because of the side effects. Making you attend all groups even if you can't sit through one because of a learning disability. Getting yelled at staff because your having a asthma attack and they think you are wanting attention. Getting yelled at by staff because someone misbehaved and we have to have a group about it because of that one person. Getting yelled at for no reason at all. Doctors wanting you to go to PHP even though its a waste of time for some people, php staff not listening to you and excusing you of something you didn't do. They need to fix alot of things in windmoor so it could be a good outcome for you. Instead the doctors tells you one week later that you need to go back inpatient for more treatment hello doctor you just let me out last week .Doctors also wondering why you are under a baker act when they don't agree you should be banker act, in my opinion if the person that baker act you thought you needed to be inpatient then don't discharge them two days later and they come back not knowing what day it is. This place is a disgrace. The staff need to be retrain and they shouldn't give shots out just because someone is having a bad day, have them go to a quiet room or let them go outside with two staff members if they need to calm down or let them go back to their room to calm down they don't need a shot because a doctor or staff member pissed them off. We all get pissed off in the real world and we learn how to calm down with out an intervention . Now if the person starts throwing things then give them a warning saying you know if you keep this behavior up you will be moved to a criss unit and tell them what the criss unit does like you can't have a soda for three days and stuff like that then if they still act up then call their doctor and then the shot if they are not allergic to it if they tell you they are allergic to it then don't give it to them just because it doesn't say it on the chart doesn't mean that they are not allergic to it. Maybe thy just found out that they are allergic to it or maybe last year they didn't know that they were.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Doctors at Windmoor Healthcare

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.