Arrowhead Hospital

Hospital

Rate Arrowhead Hospital

Ratings for Arrowhead Hospital

Value

This is the worst hospital!!! I should know because between my Mom and Dad's medical problems, we've been to several hospitals in the valley over the last 7 years. In 2015 my Mother was admitted to Arrowhead hospital and ended up contracting the C-Diff infection!! Look it up because you don't ever want to contract this diseased infection!! C Diff is caused by unsanitary procedures by hospital staff, and a compromised immune system due to the Arrowhead Doctors overloading her system with multiple antibiotics for an etiology unknown. They just kept throwing meds at her to treat symptoms that they were "guessing" at. They did not even realize she had contracted C Diff until I brought her distended stomach to their attention, which seemed to develop overnight during her stay and course of treatment. This is a horrible infection in the gut and colon, which kills approx. 26,000 people a year, and is extremely hard to get rid of!! My Mother also ended up breaking out in Shingles, which was caused from the C Diff infection compromising her immune system. My Mom fought C Diff and the Shingles for a horribly long and painful year, until her primary care Doctor finally got it under control. Once you contract C diff, you are at risk for another outbreak for the rest of your life!!! Recently, my Mother developed a complication from a previous back surgery, and at the direction of her orthopedic surgeon, needed another surgery that required a plastic surgeon who specializes in wounds ,to repair properly. At the urging of her Ortho, the best Plastic Surgeon who performed these procedures worked at Arrowhead Hospital, so against our better judgement, she underwent the surgery at Arrowhead. Now, let me first say the her Plastic and Orthopedic Surgeons are fantastic, and the procedure "couldn't have gone better, better than expected. She is expected to make a full recovery". With that said, the rest of the 3 Doctors that were treating her, including an infectious disease Doctor, don't have a clue about patient continuity of care!!! I swear these Doctors don't consult with other, let alone the patient's chart!! After my Mom was released by her surgeon, the Infectious Disease Doctor would not release my Mother, and three days after surgery, my Mom contracted Staff infection in her surgical site!! She had to be sent home with a pick for a coarse of 14-day IV antibiotic treatment, as well as oral antibiotic to prevent her C Diff from breaking out again!! During her stay at Arrowhead she had only 2 great nurses, the rest were horrible and one even left a pair of scissors her bed that under her leg, that I discovered myself! The rooms are not cleaned and disinfected properly, and her bathroom was gross! I questioned the nurses about why my Mom was still sharing a room with a roommate if she had Staff infection and was told very quietly "well we will have to move her into a solo room if she isn't discharged tomorrow". During her hospital stay after contracting the C Diff infection, it took the hospital staff 2 days to place her in a quarantined room! Is it any wonder that Arrowhead has C Diff and Staff infection running rampid in their hospital?! These Dcotors have no continuity of care and we are still dealing with this nightmare Infectious Disease Doctor's treatment until my Mother finishes her IV antibiotics! My Mother is a vibrant 74 years old, but after these two years of infections from Arrowhead, her spirit and body are unrecognizable!! We've filed a complaint with the Board of Health, but the damage is done and I pray that my Mother survives this!! After our experiences, I wouldn't let Arrowhead hospital treat my dog!!!If I could give them a worse rating I would!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Value

I was there for 2 weeks back in 2012 and had the worst experience ever! When a patient knows why their so ill and says please test me for Lupus and they run tons of other tests instead there's the first problem. Out of a panel of 7 physicians only 2 really listened. Neither infectious disease doctors listened. My health declined over the 14 days due to the lack of skills. Day 10 I was finally then diagnosed with full blown Lupus via biopsy of lymph nodes-not necessary, and they didn't know how to treat me. Really?? Yup, they discharged me for a few hours and told me to see a Rheumatoid doctor. Needless to say she had saved the day but was appauled to how sick I was. Oh my God she said and took pictures as I had the Lupus rash on my nose! Went back into hospital and they gave me mass doses of steroids. Oh, and how about a paper left on my bed about Lupus-no discussion verbally from anyone at hospital. Abrazo owned hospital's really need to get in check with their staff and credentials. Horrible experience!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Value

Nice place, needs to keep staff updated on best and newest procedures. Need to educate nursing staff on simple concepts like "the customer is always right."

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Doctors at Arrowhead Hospital

Dr. Bradley Folkstead

Dr. Bradley Folkstead

Latest Rating

staff is horrible, very unorginized the wait of 2 hours without being told, I had to go ask, the MA didnt know how to take a blood pressure or at least use the cuff,... Read more

Dr. Joseph Janzer

Dr. Joseph Janzer

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
1 review

Latest Rating

Dr. Janzer was an amazing doctor. He fixed my hip and now I'm back good as new. He is very nice and extremely knowledgable about hips and knees.