Banner Gateway

Hospital

Rate Banner Gateway

Ratings for Banner Gateway

Value

April 8, 2017 2pm through April 11, 2017 5:30pm ---7.5 hours in the ER, included waiting in the waiting room while at least 8 patients who arrived after me went to an ER room. I was told I was being admitted for 24 hours observation because of abnormal EKG. I was nauseous, extreme pain in my esophagus from vomiting, my white blood cell count was hi & my blood pressure was extremely high. I did NOT know until 7am next morning that I was admitted for having a heart attack, but I DID NOT have one. The 7am doctor told me the 2 previous doctors who had seen me in the ER "didn't know what they were talking about." How professional. He said he was taking me off the oxygen & blood thinner IV, which happened approximately 6.5 hours later. 3 cardiologists, during my 3+ day stay, told me I needed a gastroenterologist. Unfortunately my gastroenterologist is not privileged at Banner Gateway, only Banner Baywood. I was told by 3 nurses it was in my records that a Gateway gastroenterologist was going to be consulted. Not one ever saw me. 3 days, no gastroenterologist, but 3 cardiologists, all telling me this wasn't their area of expertise. Yeah, I got that. I will say that the nurses that attended me were awesome. They were the only ones who would tell me what was going on in my files. However competent & compassionate they were with their jobs, Banner Gateway made them look incompetent, because they are so severely understaffed. I felt "bad" having to call for anything, they were so busy. They are constantly saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" because they just can't be there when you need them. When you push the button requesting a nurse, or help, & 10 to 20 to 40 minutes later someone shows up......well if someone were dying & needed immediate help, they'd die waiting for help at Banner Gateway. On my last day I was to have 6 or 7 bags of a potassium IV. The beeper goes off when the bag is empty. I was told to call for a nurse when that happens. I called, & unknown person arrived after about 15 minutes of beeping, shut off the beeper & said she'd tell my nurse. 2.5 hours later my nurse came to change the bag. Said she never got any messages. I told her not to bother changing it. I will not leave the name of the "hospital doctor" that saw me daily. I will leave my comments on him on his site. He was useless. On my last day, around noon, he said there was nothing else he could do for me (how about calling in a gastroenterologist?) and told me if I could get an appointment with my gastroenterologist the next day he would release me, that day. He said he would be back at 3pm to discuss this with me. I immediately called my gastro doctor office, who told me that specific doctor had called the day before about me & they recommended a drug that I'd been taking 1 tablet a day, they recommended I be put on an IV of that drug. Apparently he didn't agree, since he never ordered it. Or he overlooked it. "The doctor" never returned at 3pm, for me to question why he didn't provide me the IV my gastroenterologist had suggested. He never called in another gastroenterologist on staff at Gateway, as 3 nurses had told me it was in my file. He released me with NO prescription for my hi blood pressure, which the nurse told me the cardiologist put it in my file, he just overlooked it. He overlooked another prescription which they had just begun to give me for cholesterol, plus he failed to write a prescription which he & I discussed that day, one which I had requested, & he had agreed to. Did he ever look at my medical files? I mentioned my experiences at Banner Gateway to both my primary doctor & gastroenterologist. Both told me they had heard similar experiences about Gateway, & both advised me to seek any further ER help at Banner Baywood. I had knee replacement in 2015 at Banner Desert & they were awesome. If I called for a nurse, one was there within 2-5 minutes. I was very angry. Now I just hope to save someone from what I went through, maybe even save someone's life. Gateway, you have to hire more competent & compassionate people like you have, & let them do their jobs, not the jobs of 15-20 people.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Value

Great facility. Did not think it would like it but was very happy.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Value

This hospital was filthy. They never cleaned my bathroom and I had to beg for clean sheets. They were to monitor my urinary output but never even checked on it. I had to dump it when it was full. It would be easier to die than go back there.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Value

one of the worst hosp. stays ever. understaffed would be an understatement. sat in my own feces for two hours. tried to complain and the "supervisor", and all they sent was a nurses aide. the respiratory staff left me off of my oxygen. complained to Christy and her response was," sorry, but it happens sometimes" never, never, again

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Doctors at Banner Gateway

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.