BANNER GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER

Hospital

Rate BANNER GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER

Ratings for BANNER GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER

Value

Have used Banner Gateway for 8 years and have been very happy with there service.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Value

Went in on 3/10/15 with my platelets critically low (20,000). Was told I would see a specialist (hematologist) within 24 hours of admission (that was why I was being admitted.) Never saw the specialist after 48 hours of being told "He will come." Internist saw me for 15 min and charged $900 and never touched me to do an exam. They charged my insurance company $10,000 and me $1500 for "non-care" Everything they did for me could of been done by my primary care doctor on an outpatient basis! Do not go here! Still fighting with them about the bill. I was held hostage on a promise that I would be seeing a specialist. No tests were ordered, no scans were ordered to check spleen or liver function! Only 2 oral prednisone tablets given. Neglect and poor care were the outcome. I am an RN, BSN and have been practicing for 30 years. I hope this helps.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Value

They never cleaned my bathroom nor room. They were supposed to be monitoring my urinary output and did NOT do so. It would have been easier to die than to get help.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Value

I had a similar experience. I had come in on a saturday and they were unable to pre-auth me through bcbs for an emergency procedure. They continued regardless and as a result, I have no more appendix, "even though that was not the problem". They negated to tell me I had a hernia, but never repaired it and now I have no appendix and a huge bill. I will be disputing this with my ins company, in the mean time, rumor has it that Banner is breaking so many ethics rules as well as stark rules that they will eventually get a visit from Ms. Karma!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Value

When this hospital could not get a pre-auth for me for emergency surgery on a Saturday night and I was brought in by ambulance, they gave me the 40k bill and told me it was my problem to deal with the insurance company. Though, they made the decision to operate without getting a pre-auth from my insurance that said if they did, it would obviously been approved. This hospital claims to care and be a "non-profit" Ya....right!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Doctors at BANNER GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER

Dr. Brett Roeder

Dr. Brett Roeder

Latest Rating

I've been going to Dr Roede r for foot issues for the past 12 years. He has done 3 foot surgeries to address my RD problems in my feet. He has always been great abo... Read more

Dr. Eric S. Hazelrigg

Dr. Eric S. Hazelrigg

Latest Rating

Rude and money driven not patient health concerned.

Dr. David Podkameni

Dr. David Podkameni

Latest Rating

I had Lapband done by another local surgeon and after 2 years, was still in miserable pain. I sought out a second opinion and was led to Dr. Podkameni. He immediatel... Read more

Dr. Daniella D. Ivan

Dr. Daniella D. Ivan

1 review

Latest Rating

Mis-diagnosed me-- complaint with AMA pending.