North York General

Hospital

Rate North York General

Ratings for North York General

Value

best experience ever from the ER to being admitted . Thereafter meeting my surgeon and all the surgical staff. An Awesome experience with everyone involved in my care and recovery.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2019

Value

Nothing but great experience at N Y G H! Very satisfied!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2019

Value

is bad in there the doctor they don’t know what they are doing they torture me tell the next day keep taking blood then the next day they still they don’t know what is wrong with me all doctor in emergency they are new and still learning is very bad

flag | Submitted October 18, 2019

Value

Went to the ER with worries of a miscarriage. -ER physician and RN were very kind & compassionate -Ultrasound tech in medical imaging department was insensitive & unprofessional. - Unfortunately I waited an extra 2 hours waiting for an injection they forgot to order for me. My friend confirmed they “missed” me, but they corrected the issue immediately.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2019

Value

Dreadful My daughter had a baby and hemorrhaged.No Anesthetic and the wonderful Lady OBGYN who delivered her literally saved her life in the delivery room.Afterwards she fainted twice and had a mini seizure in the washroom .She could not get out of bed fortunately family was able to be there for her and the baby's needs.Had severe complications and was kept in Mum and Baby room after the baby went home. OBGYN (not the attending) decided to take control (even though he was no where to be found for the delivery)and left her in the the mum and baby room. A cardiologist was NOT consulted even though an echo was done at 13 weeks and issues were found. We have our daughter in spite of dreadful care in this hospital. Thank God for the wonderful lady OBGYN who was there to care for her when the doctor who had treated her through out the pregnancy was missing. When he did appeared he decided to play Heart Specialist. Nurses for the most part are abysmal..horrid place...NEVER EVER AGAIN

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

Value

Recently came to the hospital to have a Colonoscopy. My experience was excellent from my admission to my procedure. The staff are excellent here.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

Value

Many years ago this hospital use to be #1 in GTA. Now it is a severely overworked, understaffed and underfunded hospital. Waiting to see some specialists is a nightmare, which isn't right to suffering patients. Too many people using the emergency department that do not need to be seen by an emergency physician. Something has got to change in this hospitals administrative process. Too slow and way too crowded to provide adequate care to the community.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

Value

North York saved my husband's life. I can never sufficiently express my appreciation.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

Value

Dr. Bader stopped abruptly my Mom’s anti-seizure medication without discussing it with me and without my consent, which caused prolonged seizures and damaged my Mom’s brain. Her seizures lasted for 1 hour, she was 3 days in ICU, she wasn’t able to open her eyes for 1 week. She is on multiple anti-seizure medications now, very drowsy and fragile. All other doctors in the stroke unit were nice and knowledgeable, they responded to my calls and found time to discuss my Mom’s situation with me, not like Dr. Bader. When I submitted my complaint to the hospital, I received a reply that Dr. Bader discussed pros and cons of stopping the medication with me and offered another medication which I declined. It was never a case, I have multiple witnesses, I haven't signed any consent.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Value

Horrible hospital for emergencies. The staff is demeaning and unhelpful. Do yourself a favour and just go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Doctors at North York General

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.