St. Mary's of the Lake Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Mary's of the Lake Hospital

Ratings for St. Mary's of the Lake Hospital

Value

St. Mary's exists no more. It was closed in March 2017, replaced by the new Providence Care Hospital. Comments below about St. Mary's no longer apply.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Value

I have been patient twice after knee and hip replacements in 1998 and 2010. Excellent facilities, employees, nurses, physio, rehab, rooms, food. Rehab for myself and others was exceptional. Hospital is no longer run by nuns so it may now be as heartless and dirty as the other ones.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Value

Cover up damage done by Doctor beating on patient at KGH sept 7 2011 big joke! Let with damage spinal cord, and broken bones for her husband ! Very sick for doctors, Justice I pray comes!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Value

I was cared for back in winter of 1990, the recovery was sped up with the use of the pool and graduates and assistants, in physio department. My length of stay was 4 weeks (plus/minus), I was recovering from car crash on 401, my left hip and thigh took the brunt of it. This hospital was the only one where recovery would expedite my recovery ten-fold! The caring nursing staff and physio were the best that I had encountered!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Value

Had a 10 days stay after knee replacement surgery 5 yrs ago . They were excellent .

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Value

Old hospital but very caring staff. Walls gray and depressing colour. Not conducive to happiness and healing . New hospital being built nearby thank goodness.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Value

When my husband went to St Mary's it was made very clear that they would not do anything to extend his life. Little did I know that this means they had no knowledge about the drain pump that was keeping him alive nor providing wound care at the insertion point. He died because the pump was not working and he had a massive infection. If you want comfort, drugs, and smiles - you get it. If you want knowledgable staff and even basic medical care, stay away.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Value

Very clean and welcoming. Friendly staff and low parking rates as compared to other local hospitals.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Doctors at St. Mary's of the Lake Hospital

Dr. Gavin Shanks

Dr. Gavin Shanks

Latest Rating

A kind, gentle and intelligent man. I would highly recommend this doctor.