Guelph General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Guelph General Hospital

Ratings for Guelph General Hospital

Value

I had the experience of needing to go to the emergency department last evening. The place is disgustingly dirty, paint coming off walls, ceiling vents covered in dust and a bathroom that smelled very strongly of urine. I was impressed with the nurses and doctor that looked after me. I had some tests done, was reassured and was out of there within a couple of hours.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2019

Value

I understand the work it takes to make a hospital run efficiently and it is not always easy; however, something that can be helped are the horrible attitudes of the nursing staff. They are disrespectful to patients and being new to this city it was very disheartening to see that these are the people caring for your health. Fix up!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

Value

the emergency room is a very friendly area and the wait times here are less than any other hospital I've been to.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2019

Value

This is the worst ER I have ever been too. It's filthy nurses are rude and the wait to get into see someone is unbelievable unless you are dying. I came to the hospital when i was 9 with a broken. I had to wait four days before I could see the doctor. Worst hospital ever. Fix your horrible ER.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

Value

Very dirty , needs repairs, too many doctors working on the same person have to answer the same questions 50,000 times. Very unorganized

flag | Submitted July 17, 2019

Value

Nurses that talk loudly about patients in ER, nurses discussing patients and their personal lives loudly in halls, dirty hallways, obsolete facilities, very small town and sad. It is obvious why emergency cases are sent to Hamilton with the rampant uselessness of the GGH.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

Value

Emergency nurses are the best highly skilled and compassionate

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

Value

Staff are often rude, and the facility is disgusting. Misogynistic doctors are given leeway to try and convince female patients out of surgery they NEED all because a uterus is more important than her life. They will send you home knowing you have an infection, without anything to treat it and use improper stitches internally that do not dissolve thus GUARANTEEING infection.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

Value

The staff always do their best to do whatever they can to help patients. With a growing population, it is a struggle to keep up with the high volume of patients that come in on a daily basis! Nothing but positive feedback! Thank you for all the hard work!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2019

Value

Caught C - Difficile here was awful . Plus they never believe that there was anything wrong with me

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

Doctors at Guelph General Hospital

Dr. Angela Lightle

Dr. Angela Lightle

Latest Rating

The best doctor that there is!! Wish more doctors were like her :)

Dr. David Hood

Dr. David Hood

Latest Rating

In this day and age there is rarely a Dr. who shows such compassion and caring for his patients.

Dr. James Hewak

Dr. James Hewak

Latest Rating

Dr. Hewak is a very knowledgeable and patient Doctor.

Dr. Mark Wellman

Dr. Mark Wellman

Latest Rating

Great doctor but twice appt has been changed and I was not advised. As I am driving from another city this is a major inconvenience.

Dr. Paul Karl

Dr. Paul Karl

Latest Rating

I miss Dr Karl so much. No other doctor as compared since he retired. He as knows me my whole life, and because of that was able to help me through so much. Always k... Read more

Dr. John Hobson

Dr. John Hobson

Latest Rating

Extremely knowledgeable. Great staff. Specializes in vascular surgery too. Trust him with my life.

Dr. Marcel Parent

Dr. Marcel Parent

Latest Rating

He is the man I have lived if Guelph all my life 50 years now and he saved it so thanks Doc. Jody B.

Dr. Kayal Thevathasan

Dr. Kayal Thevathasan

Latest Rating

Very kind and knowledgeable doctor! We were so happy with her bedside manner and how she treated our 2-year old son! Way to go doctor! Satisfied Parent!

Nadine Duhil-Enns

Nadine Duhil-Enns

Latest Rating

Very kind and knowledgeable. I loved that she has a sense of humour too! Helpful and reassuring!

Dr. Daren Lin

Dr. Daren Lin

Latest Rating

Dr Daren Lin is very smart, brilliant, professionel, and helpful. He has been the first to discover why I suffered more than 6 months with a bad diagnostic of pneumo... Read more