Tri-Cities Mental Health Centre

Tri-Cities Mental Health Centre

Hospital

Rate Tri-Cities Mental Health Centre

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Tri-Cities Mental Health Centre

Value

terrible service, unfunded, no real help. just put you on endless wait-lists. Rapid Access took months of a 40 minute assessment. Then no help offered after, I was suicidal and begged for a councilor and help.

Submitted March 6, 2017 | flag

Value

This place is awful. All they offer is 10am Monday group counseling. When visiting the hospital for depression I was refered and I would get immediate 1 on 1 help. That was a pure lie. They also referred me to a program in Port moody but told me "I must pretend to be a drug addict to get treatment". Absolutely disgusting care here.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2017 | flag

Value

This place is a waste of time. They expect people to come to a group session (and this is all that is available) at 10 AM on a Monday.. People work and need to work otherwise they would go to a 200.00 an hour psychologist. We were told at the hospital that he would be assigned a psychiatrist. Not true.. Psychiatrists are only there for consultation. There is no one to see except for one of the ladies at intake who tells you, you need to be on medication or wants to refer you to a "program". This, over the phone, without any knowledge of your problems other than what she read on the hospital report. When you phone the number on line, no one answers. You have to know the extension of the person you are calling. The operator does not answer when re-routed to her/him. This is so indicative of mental health assistance in BC. There is nothing!!!!!

Submitted Dec. 6, 2016 | flag

Value

Very under funded (like most MH disorders); courses offered are helpful and relevant, but usually offered while one is still ill, thereby rendering the course somewhat of a waste as it is not comprehended nor retained.
My councillors worked hard for our group, who were all at various levels of ability.
I, too, was dropped from a waitlist for not replying to calls I didn't receive. (they got my number wrong)
Overall, it has been as good as can be expected with underfunding and overworked staff.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2016 | flag

Value

Extremly unprofessional services. Good facility and clean but no service at all. They make people with mental health even more ill.

Submitted July 11, 2016 | flag

Value

Over the past year and a half, I feel I have received sub par service. Particularly with my Case manager. They "disappeared" without returning for 4 months. I was not assigned a new case manager during that time period. While they were away, I went through a revolving door of temporary replacements. Most of these "fill ins" weren't familiar with my case. There was no effort made to, because quite frankly one admitted to me that they weren't even sure if they would be there next week. This inconsistency was extremely difficult for me, especially when I depended on consistent, reliable service to help me achieve and maintain my mental stability. Since their return, I feel that any requests for additional help I've made , have been handled by directing me to a website or suggesting I look at another Agency for info. My case manager, in my opinion has not worked "collaboratively" with myself or other agencies, to "facilitate access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health" as CMHA states as one of their Key values and principals .

Submitted April 29, 2016 | flag

Value

I was referred to a couple of depression therapy groups there. Their communication sucks and they do whatever it takes to not have to help you. They took me off their waiting list because I didn't answer a letter I never received and never knew I should be expecting. When I called them, months later, to see where I was on the list, I found out. They did put me back on the list when I told them I never got the letter. However, some more months later, when I again called to find out why I hadn't heard from them in a while, they said I told them I didn't want their services anymore, so they took me off the waiting list. That was such a lie!! I would never have said that. But they would not put me back at my spot in the list. They said I had to re-refer myself and start from the beginning again. I didn't bother because I was sure they'd just find more reasons to deny me service. This is not the only place this has happened at.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2015 | flag