Lionsgate

Hospital

Rate Lionsgate

Ratings for Lionsgate

Value

On Oct 31st 1998 at lions gate emergency room, I drove my car and told them of the huge pain in my chest I thought I was having a heart attack they put me on an ekg machine in emergency and the alarm kept going off and who ever was nearest they shut the alarm off only for it to go off again, they asked me how I was feeling and I told them it felt like the movie alien like something was going to explode out of my chest, after about an hour of this they sent me for a chest x ray, then told me I had a chest infection and gave me a perscription I drove myself home and the heart attack continued through the night. 5 days later I had a strange feeling in my chest no pain but fortunatley I had made an appointment with my Dr. at the Burrard Medical Center, he immediatly sent me downstairs for an EKG and told me that I had in fact had a second heart attack His nurse walked me across the street to St Pauls emergency and the head of Cardiac surgery waited on me, he phoned Lions Gate and had the records of my recent visit to him, then he said I don't know what they were doing it clearly shows you were having a heart attack. I live in North Vancouver and was born at Lions gate in 1950, I would love to go to a hospital that is closer but I'm afraid to go back to Lions Gate.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Value

If you have an emergency do not go to Lionsgate Hospital no matter how minor it is. ( they do have a good orthopedic department however) They are so unorganized and often short staffed. Getting a diagnosis is sometimes very challenging as they just do not have the hospital staffed properly. God help you if you go in late at night or on the weekend and need an ultrasound or scan of some sort. My advice is from at least 7-10 visits here over the years. Most of the time we go to VGH or St Paul’s emergency department and have always felt very well cared for. Now will will never go back to Lionsgate for even minor emergencies. Not worth it as some minor emergencies turn out to be more serious than originally thought. I wish I could report a better experience for our neighborhood hospital but I have very little confidence. The funny thing is how often we were warned by friends and neighbors not to go to Lionsgate. Like I said most of the time we go else where but the now will never ever go back there.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Value

If you can go to another hopistal. VGH or St Paul’s. The care at VGH is second rate. God help you if go in on a weekend or late a night. We live in North Vancouver and after many bad experiences at Lionsgagte our family policy is NEVER go to Lionsgate for even small emergencies. Go to ST PAULS OR VGH.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Value

Costruction still happening, loud and noisy atmosphere. Otherwise, staff always introduce themselves to you, makes the visit more personalized. Staff and processes efficient, little time wasted. Questions and concerns always addressed. I really appreciate this hospital and it’s medical staff and employees.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Value

One of the finest facilities in the greater Vancouver area..north shore.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Value

My husband was in Lions Gate had several broken ribs. They never tested or found out until the last of two weeks when he was released. Nurses were very inattentive.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Value

Cant say enough about the care my son received when he was recently hospitalized at Lions Gate for a week. The ER doctor was so thorough and did ALL the right tests to diagnose my son - cannot thank her and all the staff enough.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Value

Had day surgery at this hospital yesterday 15 February. I can't say enough good things about the staff, and how they treated me. I really would like to thank the staff. Especially the recovery room. It was so pleasant to be treated as a human person. Very considerate, compassionate and caring staff. Thank you all you are amazing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Value

In a 4 bed ward sharing a bathroom is difficult and not very sanitary. The cleanliness is very poor...Kleenex on floor remained there for more than three days. There is little pride in doing a good job when outside companies are hired to clean....It is just a job, they aren't part of the team. So glad there is a drive to support a new patient tower with one bed with bathroom per patient...much better idea. The staff was very competent, cheery and caring. If you need to diet, its a good place to be as the food may be nutritious,? but it is often awful!! The care is though is excellent and that is the most important thing.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Value

My wife had mastectomy surgery and met nothing but caring nurses day and night who put my wife to ease. Can't thank them enough. We noticed all the staff seemed to be happy working there which gives you comfortable feeling. Sure you have to wait for beds being available, but we were called to come in ASAP with a last minute cancellation. Surgery took place without delay

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Doctors at Lionsgate

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.