Family Practice Associates

Hospital

Rate Family Practice Associates

Ratings for Family Practice Associates

Value

Understandably, the most incompetent medical office in kelowna. Failure to submit referrals even with several reminders. Basically as a patient of this office you will have to do the reception's job for them. This office needs to learn some organizational skills as they are completely lacking in this this aspect. If you are looking for a general practitioner in kelowna, I highly recommend you look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Value

I have 2 newborn babies in the nicu and I have to say; leaving them there is the hardest thing I've had to do. Some of the nurses are horrifically negligent, unwelcoming and disrespectful. Three times my babies feeds have been almost an hour late or forgotten altogether until reminded. Once a nurse got chocolate on the rim of the milk bag and was going to pour the milk for my babies from it until I pointed it out and then she confessed she had had chocolate on her fingers and had smeared it on the bag (she obviously didn't wash her hands before handling my preemies' food). Another time a nurse neglected to check my son's feeding ng tube placement and when I asked why milk was coming out of his nose she said it was fine. As a result my preemie baby had been swallowing his milk and could have aspirated or choked. I've also heard the nurses talking about me being in the nursery everyday - as if it is strange that I want to see my own newborn babies. Some of them have even told me how nice it is when parents don't come because then the nurses get to cuddle the babies. They encourage you to leave as often as possible and treat you like a crazy person for wanting to be with your own baby. One would think they would encourage a parent to bond with their child as much as possible. Instead, parents are often treated as a complete inconvenience for the nurses. I also had a nurse take one of my sons away for an hour and a half while I was there - because she felt like cuddling and she didn't come back or even ask if I wanted to see him again before I left. In fact I was talking to her when she walked away and she completely ignored me. Some of the nurses are really good and some are appalling. When I brought up my concerns to the pcc I was told to take care of myself and basically treated like a crazy person.. Although my concerns for my babies' well-being are completely reasonable considering our experiences with the incompetence of some of the nurses. I was told, condescendingly, that my "little list" of nurses I felt comfortable leaving my kids with would be adhered to as much as possible. Later I found out the list wasn't even being used and my requests were completely ignored. I was never put on primary care and my rights to it were completely violated. This is the worst hospital I have ever experienced - they have some amazing nurses but the incompetence and rudeness of some have ruined the whole experience for us. Every time I come here I am appalled and horrified by the care received.. usually as a result of horrible nursing and a complete lack of human decency and respect.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Value

Worked a few shifts here,.disgusting,no one cared for patients. An assembly line.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Value

A few years ago I was ill due to a viral infection resulting in hospitalization. After seeing the physician, the nurse gave me an IV (medication cocktail) that my body couldn't handle. I asked her to stop the IV as I felt close to passing out but she continued with the procedure. Close to a coma, I screamed at her "stop". After she finally stopped, she told me I would be treated at the hospital again. A few days later I developed nerve pain that I still have until today. My complaint to the hospital was dismissed.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Value

Not very clean, old floors and clumps of dust bunnies hanging from ceilings in medical wards. Equipment is old and usually not working. Long wait times. Lots of errors . Some staff run to keep basic needs met. while others stand about chatting.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Value

They treat people with mental illness terribly. And if you even so much as dare say you have stress or anxiety, they'll treat you like your crazy. It's disgusting. Kelowna has the WORST mental health help I've ever seen in my life. They treat you like dogs.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Value

I was in this rathole for 10 days and could have died. Not one person checked on me in my room the whole weekend and when i had severe internal bleeding, the nurse suggested I just needed some gatorade. i am glad i survived this place.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Value

I had a c section after a long hanus 37 hr labour The nurse that I had for my entire labour experience was the most uncaring unempathetic, unprofessional healthcare worker ever don't even know why a women like that can even hold a position as a nurse!!!!!!if anyone out there is planning on having a baby at KGH and is reading this...be aware of LIZ in the maternity ward (apparently u can ask for a new nurse if I would have only known!!!!) she was rude, grumpy, and meaner than a snake. The rest of the staff in the maternity were pretty good...I spend a week in the maternity ward and had some great experiences with most the staff...the cleaning staff were great! Def under appreciated !!!! But maternity ward was very over crowded...4 new moms to one room is awful!!!! And there should be strictor rules about visitations !!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Value

The Cleanliness was ok possible because of "all" the renovations. The Facility was unorganized. I reported my nurse for her behavior. I had nasal surgery and I couldn't, nor the nurse attending the patient beside me, get her to come over and help me. I bleed profusely and the helping nurse needed my own nurse to help. I wish I had got the nurse who wasn't my nurse's name. Thank you! I was appalled at her uncaring nonchalant attitude. I could have been left with a serious problem.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Value

I was in Kelowna General for 2 days. I was extremely disappointed buy the experience. I was on the med/surg ward, and could not believe the uncleanliness: I was warned that c.difficile (infection) was going around, most of the toilets had urine on or around them, I witnessed an RN drop a glove on the floor, then pick it up and use it, an aide "wipe up" after a man had spilled over his catheter in the sun room but left behind 4 footprint tracks of the urine. I did not want to touch anything. There were 3 out of about 12 nurses that actually "cared" for the patients. If I can ever avoid going there, I will. Overall terrible experience.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Doctors at Family Practice Associates

Dr. Ryan Bystrom

Dr. Ryan Bystrom

Latest Rating

I count myself VERY VERY fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Bystrom of nearly 20 years now. He encompasses all the qualities noted by the many other 5 star ratings, ... Read more

Dr. David Hawkins

Dr. David Hawkins

Latest Rating

Just saw him for the first time today and he was so helpful and friendly. He made my walk-in experience far more positive than any other doctors have in the past.

Dr. R.J. Jim Emslie

Dr. R.J. Jim Emslie

Latest Rating

My daughter will be 37 yrs this sept and he was my Doctor during this pregnancy. Great Doc

Dr. Wes Woychuck

Dr. Wes Woychuck

Latest Rating

My contact with Dr. Woychuk in emergency has always been a positive one. He is so relaxed and kind that you feel you are in good hands. Plus he is good to look at w... Read more

Dr. Shari Claremont

Dr. Shari Claremont

Latest Rating

Dr Claremont has been my doctor since 2002. I've received excellent healthcare. 5 star for sure.

Dr. Michael Bobyn

Dr. Michael Bobyn

He is one of the best Drs I have ever met !! Karen Redekop

Dr. Owen Yoshida

Dr. Owen Yoshida

Latest Rating

Calming, direct, very thorough and a great sense of humour. He came highly recommended to me and he exceeded all of my expectations.

Dr. Michael Humer

Dr. Michael Humer

Latest Rating

Dr. Humer is absolutely delightful. Just talking to him makes one feel better. He is tactful, considerate, knowledgeable and very positive. He gives you hope when ... Read more

Dr. Mike Figurski

Dr. Mike Figurski

Latest Rating

Dr Figuraki is an amazing doctor! Genuinely caring and knowledgable. After seeing multiple doctors at walk in over the last few years for the same issue, Dr Mike p... Read more

Dr. Dan Obedkoff

Dr. Dan Obedkoff

Latest Rating

great gp indeed......................................................................................................................................................... Read more