Kelowna General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Kelowna General Hospital

Ratings for Kelowna General Hospital

Value

Worst service ever, work for your money. 24 hrs no news no updates. I hope you guys receive the same care you guys give.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Value

I understand that Canada has the third worst healthcare in the developed world.. But this has to be one of the worst hospitals in canada. I swear only one doctor is allowed to work at a time in this place. They just don't care here. I could be a Canadian doctor easily just like this. "I'm not sure what's actually wrong, but take this pill it will either make you better or worse. Now I have to go stand over there and talk to the other doctors for an hour about my weekend. Then it's my lunch break. When i get back on shift I will complain on how I don't get paid enough. Hey we should go on strike for a higher wage. I need more money for doing basically nothing."

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Value

I was in for day surgery, excellent staff, great facility.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Value

I had a stroke and when we arrived we were looked after immediately. Yes there was waiting time but I was most impressed with all the tests they put me through and I recovered. They admitted me overnight. Most impressed with the doctors and the facility. A class hospital!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Value

Lousy food, excellent staff, wonderful place to get better

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Value

I have been waiting for over 3 months for a biopsy as a result of an ultrasound. My GP recommended an expedited biopsy from Kelowna General Hospital when she received the results of the ultrasound and was told they do not take expedited requests. For outpatient care, I rate KGH no stars. It is terrible to wait this long when early diagnosis is the key to treatment should it be cancer.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Value

Only reason value for dollar is rated 3 stars is because of the food served to patients. I am not known as a picky eater but I couldn't believe how sub standard the food is. Some of it I wouldn't feed to a dog. Everyone in the hospital is trying so hard to make this facility a safe, caring and friendly environment........but the food. Oh my. What a challenge. Definitely requires extreme improvement. Patients need food is a necessary part of healing too. I was on a general food diet and most of it I would rarely, if ever, serve at home. Really lets the efforts of all down. All the staff I encountered, regardless of job description, were kind, caring, pleasant and highly proficient people. I have the highest regard for them all. Wonderful...........but the food.....oh my.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Value

I spent almost 2 months at KGH and have very little to say that is negative. My care was very good; staff always polite, food was fresh and wholesome & good even without salt. Paramedics were also very gentle & polite. Food was occasionally not on time but overall it was mostly on time. My treatment for my condition was thorough & successful. I have also used the emergency and the majority of times the waiting period was reasonably quick. Was not bothered wanting to go home because my stay was pleasant. KGH, in my opinion is far better than Surrey Memorial or even Vancouver General.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Value

Starting to wonder where out MSP goes. The medical industy is a joke. Go to emerge with a major issue leave with pain killers.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Value

I had a hysterectomy on October 17th and had excellent care from start to finish. The staff were really great... efficient and very caring. Thank you staff for the great experience as a patient.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Doctors at Kelowna General Hospital

Dr. Jeffery Eppler

Dr. Jeffery Eppler

Latest Rating

Phenomenal care! I was so grateful for the attention I received and noted that it wasn’t just me, he was working tirelessly to care for all his patients.

Dr. Anne-Marie Cayer

Dr. Anne-Marie Cayer

Latest Rating

Anne-Marie is a brainy, well-informed, jovial woman. She balances good medicine and kind humanity in a perfect way throughout her care!

Dr. Cheryl Holmes

Dr. Cheryl Holmes

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr. Cheryl Holmes helped save my life! A few years back, due to a broken ankle, I suffered a massive saddle pulmonary embolism. I spent three nights in the critical... Read more

Dr. Rick De Villiers

Dr. Rick De Villiers

Latest Rating

Not a good doctor at all ! He's a know it all and the staff is very rude also.

Dr. Philip White

Dr. Philip White

Latest Rating

Dr White passed away in December, 2015. We miss him terribly!

Dr. Stephan Mostowy

Dr. Stephan Mostowy

Latest Rating

Amazing Doctor. Saved my dad's life. Easy to talk to and super cool. Thank you so much for everything you did.

Dr. Robert M. Penner

Dr. Robert M. Penner

Latest Rating

Excellent on all accounts!!!! I had a consultation followed up with a colonoscopy. Dr. Penner is very professional and personable and his staff are extremely nice... Read more

Dr. Michael J. Ertel

Dr. Michael J. Ertel

Latest Rating

Very nice fellow. Skilled and compassionate. He got to the bottom of the issue virtually immediately.

Dr. Jeff Donat

Dr. Jeff Donat

Latest Rating

Dr.Jeff Donat has been an unbelievable help in my ongoing problems with chronic migraines caused from a fall and severe concussion. He is great with his bedside man... Read more

Dr. Douglas Nottebrock

Dr. Douglas Nottebrock

Latest Rating

Dr Nottebrock, turned to me and said "I have had patients score a 1 on a GTT and they looked fine to me." (this result is recognized in Diabetes literature as the ra... Read more