South Calgary Campus

Hospital

Rate South Calgary Campus

Ratings for South Calgary Campus

Value

Amazing staff- concerned and knowledgable regarding my condition. Went out of their way to help. Very community-oriented approach to medical care. I loved it!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Value

Soap and toothpaste available once in 3 days, over a day to see any doctor at all in emergency, no one knew how to pull up bed rails in emergency so could not turn around for many hours despite severe pain, no one responded to calls in emergency calls or noise for about 6 hours after constant trying with no buzzer available, no water allowed for many hours despite kidney problems and bleeding, mega errors in medical reports, poor staff communication between one another, toilet plugged and unusable for some time, standard waiting time for a hospital bed = 5 days in small emergency room before real hospital room is available, no ability to make private calls or use cell phone in emergency rooms because network couldn't be reached through walls, blood tests taken daily without explanation, patients have no idea of what hospital plans are even after 3 days or what results of tests are -- absolutely the worst! A couple of good doctors there if you get to see them but they appear to be running the entire hospital. One very bad doctor appeared somewhat sadistic. Other good ones were in other specialties so never got to see them. Extremely bad management causes some to leave before the requested 5 days while waiting for hospital bed outside of emergency room. Don't think any place could be worse if it tried.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Value

not impressed that mine was taken off of here .. my husbend went here because he thought it be good .. bad idea he was in short stay from 730 am till 7pm they wouldnt feed him and give anything to drink he wsbin pain and nobody seemed to care he signed his discharge papers and didnt know it till they said you can go home like get out and still at that point he hadnt eaten or drank still in pain just walking by and then when someone noticed he asking for a drink or something to eat ur already discharged . like who cares . and would help him with a wheel chair a friend had to get one . he had just had surgery on his ankle . just rude staff . i dont know how you train your staff but maybe train them not to give people such indian treatment . if you dont want natives in your hospital write on the front door my god . thats horrible how he felt like a drity peace of dog 💩 thanks ... aleast people will know where not to go if they wanted to be treated like a human.... 😲😳😠😠😠😠

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Value

Claira in mental Heath emerge was very cold hearted and could barely speak English. For the reasons I was in this hospital, I would've like a nurse with more knowledge and sympathy. The other nurse I talked to before I left (because of long wait) was way more helpful than Claira was. Don't recommend going here for mental health issues:

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Value

I went into the er for a mental health crisis and I was treated like an inmate in a jail cell. I know the locked room was for my own protection but the staff outside the little room I was in refered to me and other patients as "criminals" "inmates" and "suicidal junkies" once on the unit the hospital was much nicer but I hated the er experience I had there. I will be going elsewhere in future even though I live right across the street from SHC.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Value

Wow, reading these reviews I'm stunned. My husband was recently admitted with chest pains which resulted in a quadruple by-pass. Our experience at South Calgary was nothing short of extrodinary. He was seen immediately (even though we drove in, not arrived in an ambulance). The care in Emergency, ICU and Unit 66 was beyond reproach. The hospital was spotless, the staff were caring, informative, helpful and very approachable. I'm not honestly sure what else one could ask for? The food wasn't exceptional but it's an insitution, not fine dinning. The views were great, Parking was easy (if not cheap) and public transit accessible. There is a hotel, restaurants and other facilities within easy reach. Our family, friends and even our english mastiff were all welcome on Unit 66. We have only praise and a deep sense of gratitude to South Calgary for making a traumatic time so much easier than it could have been!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Value

All dedicated to the NICU department. They will not release our child even though he's 100%.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Value

Waited in an ER bed, in wet, soiled sheets for 4 hours before anyone listened to my calls for help. Once on the unit, everything was good, but I've seen better run ERs in third world countries, and we live in a great country, what's going on?

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Value

My husband had a hip replacement done by Dr. Eldridge Batuyong on June 16th. From the initial consult to surgery completion we have been most impressed by the organization, information and caring his entire team have shown. The consultations prior to surgery, the informational morning we spent with a physio therapist, dietician and the nursing staff have all been well organized and very informative. The day of surgery went like clock work and the communication board updating us on his progress was perfect. We found the staff on the unit most helpful - special "Thank You" to Nancy, Rebecca and Cathy. The hospital is well laid out and organized, it smells wonderful, the food was decent, the staff friendly and helpful.....we have been so very pleased. Kudos to all involved!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Value

VERY POOR ATTITUDE SHOWN TO PATIENTS IN FACILITIES LIKE x RAY. SIMILAR FOR SEVERAL OF THE NURSES i ENCOUNTERED DURING RECOVERY FROM SURGERY. fOR THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS THERE i WAS LOCATED IN A N ADHOC SPACE WITHOUT PROPER FACILITIES WHILE OTHER PATIENTS ROTATED THROUGH THE ONLY FULLY SERVICED BED IN THE ROOM. REQUESTS TO ALTER THIS WERE IGNORED TOTALLY. BY ALL STAFF LEVELS

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Doctors at South Calgary Campus

Dr. Paul Marck

Dr. Paul Marck

Latest Rating

Dr. Paul Marck is highly skilled surgeon who has successfully corrected a problem I had with rhino-septoplasty. I was afraid of getting this surgery done and lived w... Read more

Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Latest Rating

My husband passed away last month from cancer that returned. We thought he was cured the first time around. He was admitted to Foothills hospital in December 2016 wh... Read more