South Calgary Campus

Hospital

Rate South Calgary Campus

Ratings for South Calgary Campus

Value

Excellent hospital. Staff were extremely kind and understanding. Best hospital I’ve visited

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Value

Great place for south Calgary needed facility all staff very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Value

The foreign trained doctors are not licensed in Canada but somehow call themselves "doctor" at South Health. Terrible bedside manner, completely wrong in their diagnoses. Yet until you ask enough questions, you don't realize who they are because they call themselves "doctor so-and-so." they are dangerous to the public!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Value

Worst ever doctors!! Patient locked up for 7 days now and going more because of taking benadryl. And now she misdiagnosed him. That's terrible to your reputation. You're not a doctor if you only diagnose a patient by using over the counter medication that all his results is come back normal.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Value

I have been to a couple departments at this hospital since it opened in Seton. I am always so impressed with the quality of service and kindness of staff at SHC. The difference between how a patient is treated at SHC and other certain other hospitals in town is night and day! At South Health I always feel like my appointment or issue is given fair time, and nursing and doctors have been wonderfully understanding and careful to ensure that I both feel heard in my complaint and also that I fully understand the recommended treatment plan for it. As example, recently I ended up in Emergency due to a quite high fever when ill. I have a powerful fear of IV's and always apply numbing cream at home if I know I'm going to hospital and will have one inserted. Due to the speed I was brought to hospital that day I was unable to do so. My nurse not only accommodated my request for numbing spray (a request that has been curtly and flatly refused at RGH, FMC and PLC ED's in the past), she brought in her nurse coworker Elsbeth when she found she had trouble with IV insertion after the first try (usually I'm covered in bruises from attempts before the first nurse calls in another more experienced nurse at other hospitals). Elsbeth took the time to show me every part of the IV, explain patiently exactly what was going to happen with it and set my fears at ease. Both nurses stayed with me and one made pleasant small talk to distract me until a successful and quite-painless IV insertion was done. I was not a crisis patient, and I could hear how busy it was outside the curtain but the kindness shown by the doctor and nursing staff that night made a big difference. Another hospital might have crammed the IV in, ask me 10 form questions by a doctor who didn't even give thier name, and then hand me a prescription and tell me to fill at the pharmacy without checking about contraindications with pre-existing conditions. (PLC ER 2015 - had I not Googled the rx and just filled without question it very likely could have killed me) I recognize my experience may be different than some other reviewers. It certainly helped that I am not on, and have not needed, anything for pain management. I may have also come at a good time when there happened to be less crisis cases at ED and thus more opportunity for care. Either way, unless my limb is falling off I would consider it worth it to drive across the city to go to this hospital if I need one :)

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Value

Very nice, knowledgeable staff, very clean facility...

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Value

Best hospital in Calgary. Would recommend to anyone. I have been here multiple times and I have always felt comfortable and well taken care of.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Value

Went to emergency here after being in extremely pain for several days. Pain so bad that I'm throwing up from it. The doctor suggested I'm a drug addict and said he wouldn't be helping me with my pain. The only test he did was an x-ray which after being treated like complete garbage, I didn't even stay to find out anything. He said he wasn't going to help me anyways, so why stay and pay for parking to get treated that way. I'll find out the results some other way than having to deal with that doctor ever again. Feel bad for anyone who gets stuck with him. The hospital itself is nice, but I've never been so insulted in my life. And I'm back at home in severe pain that I can't get under control. I'll never go to that emergency room again and will persuade others not to. Terrible service.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Value

I attend the MS CLINIC there and find it to be a very beautiful hospital not to mention the wonderful services provided by all the health professionals I have been in contact with over the years.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Value

Emergency room doctors were arrogant and unhelpful

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Doctors at South Calgary Campus

Dr. Paul Marck

Dr. Paul Marck

Latest Rating

I don't know if this doctor has any knowledge or not. He literally spent less than one minute talking with me. i had lots of questions about what to do about my symp... Read more

Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Latest Rating

My husband passed away last month from cancer that returned. We thought he was cured the first time around. He was admitted to Foothills hospital in December 2016 wh... Read more