South Calgary Campus

Hospital

Rate South Calgary Campus

Ratings for South Calgary Campus

Value

I was sent to the ER with a copy of my CTscan and a letter from my doctor. The ER staff were good. The pharmacist who came to see me prior to being admitted was awful! She would not listen as I tried to explain what medication I was on despite the fact that she had already printed off a list from my own pharmacist. She then refused to prescribe 3 of my medications! Not knowing my history or my relationship with my doctor or my pharmacist I found this outrageous. I was in so much pain and was being admitted for bowel reconstruction I did not have the energy to voice my concerns in front of the other people sitting in the room. The surgeon was great. I spent 10 days in the hospital and was left in a cubicle with no windows, curtains drawn around me and no lights on. Apart from blood work done, nurses checking my vitals nobody seemed to care or speak to me until they were anxious to discharge me!! It was a terrible experience. My throat 3 weeks later is still raw from having tubes rammed down it and half of my tooth was broken off!! When you have had emergency surgery and are frightened and alone it would be appreciated if someone took the time to show some compassion and consideration to how you might actually feel. I also did not appreciate a pharmacist diagnosing me and telling a doctor how and why I had my issue not knowing ANYTHING about my medical history!!!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Value

I had an abdomen surgery at SHC on Oct 19. Was in the hospital for a day and a half. Had an excellent experience right from reception for admitting to discharge. All the nurses (wish I remembered their names) who attended me were very caring, friendly and extremely professional. The nurses on evening duty made sure that my husband was comfortable staying overnight also made him a sandwich from the pantry/snack bar because he had missed dinner and the food place at the lobby was closed. I highly recommend this hospital. Big thank you to all the nurses :)

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Value

Very bad service every time you go for ur appt still have to wait so long short staff etc and very mean

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Value

Came into emergency late at night. It was so slow and quiet I could hear all the conversations between the doctors and nurses. I spent hours waiting while they were having a great time chatting away about everything other that what they should be doing. I am now 100 percent in favour of private health care. Totally complacent and ignorant to the fact that our tax dollars are paying for this. Having any other option would be better than this

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Value

I had knee replacement surgery in September. The surgery went very well. I was so impressed with the facilities and great staff. Recovery room ream and pain management team were definitely ‘top shelf’. The ward I was in was well staffed with great caring people. I would not hesitate to recommend the Bone and Joint Clinic and the South Calgary Campus for Knee Surgery.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Value

I brought my son 8:30pm for his severe back pain and constant fever, we were waiting until almost 5am before they called us to see the Doctor. More than 8 hrs. waiting time. Terrible!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Value

Going on 7 hrs of waiting to see a doctor and have an ultrasound on a possible DVT after post surgery. Would have been faster to have driven back to Banff Mineral Springs Hospital or High River. Horrendous...talked to other patients waiting with similar scenarios. And not the first time having this experience here.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Value

I have been in many times with the same symptoms for over 6 months and the tests they ran were thorough, when they were run. I was there 2 nights ago and an ultrasound was ordered at 6 pm, close to midnight I was told it couldn't be done and would i mind coming back in the morning. Dr. Koo was very apologetic and was the most determined Dr. I've seen there to help me. Unfortunately things were very different in the morning. I was quite a bit sicker the next morning, but all the Dr. was concerned about was giving me some drugs and sending me home. After insisting on talking to a general surgeon, he was saying he doesn't want to the surgery because I'm overweight and then said it wasn't hmmu gallbladder. I said great, then what is it. He said it was bruised ribs. I was flabbergasted, wirhbhis glib response.. he repeated it wasn't my gallbladder and walked off. The ER Dr also suggested it could be an IVS attack that has lasted 6 months even though I've seen a GI specialist recently and given a clean bill of health from her. All I wanted was an answer and instead was treated like there was nothing wrong. I pray that no one goes through this kind of pain and feeling of being so sick, to be dismissed so easily with yet another prescription for pain killers. I don't want drugs, I want answers, yet no one could give them to me. Jolaine Neild.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Value

Hard to judge the whole facility, but based on my experience with the staff and one dr in emergency I never want to go back. The dr we saw was arrogant, didn’t listen, condescending and didn’t diagnose a significant infection in my daughter. Told us to go home and basically acted like we waisted his time (he was with us less than 5min). We waited in emergency for 4hrs. Who’s time was waisted?! Two days later we were back in emergency (at another facility) and my daughter was treated for her massive infection.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Value

Doctors were concerned and made sure you felt comfortable and assured.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Doctors at South Calgary Campus

Dr. Paul Marck

Dr. Paul Marck

Latest Rating

Disappointed with the patient care. Was going for many years and wasn’t treated well.

Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Dr. Jennifer Ngo

Latest Rating

My husband passed away last month from cancer that returned. We thought he was cured the first time around. He was admitted to Foothills hospital in December 2016 wh... Read more