Dr. Vincent Richer

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Vincent Richer

Calm, soft-spoken and human. My skin is the best its ever been!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2019

Dr. R. is 5 star but not the staff. Pacific Derm is definitely too stuffy - preferred when he was at Vancouver Skin Care Clinic staff.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

I just have to say I had a great experience when I recently saw Dr. Richer. He took care to explain every step of the procedure I was having, the sensations I might feel, and what I could expect as an end result. He carefully explained why he would be treating more areas than just the area I was concerned about and how it would all work together for the result I wanted. Throughout the procedure Dr. Richer made sure I was aware of each step and checked with me to ensure I was at ease. It is clear he enjoys his practice and certainly cares for his patients. I am so happy with the results - just the subtle changes I was hoping for. Thanks Dr. Richer!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2019

Saw Dr Richer at the recommendation of a friend who sees him to discuss botox. Super warm and friendly ! I was anxious about the whole thing and scared of needles, but he just walked me through it and injections were not nearly as painful as I had imagined. More importantly a week later results are subtle like he promised.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2019

A few days ago I had my first visit with Dr. Vincent. He biopsied a suspicious spot on my face and explained in detail every step of the procedure. I was anxious about the numbing spot with the needle but he did it in such a gentle way that I almost did not feel any pain. He is very friendly with a great sense of humor and empathy for his patients, which is extremely important; as well as his top expertise in the field of dermatology. I left his office feeling like I was in good hands and I felt confident that the issue I was dealing with was handled in the best possible way. What a great and amazing doctor, highly recommended! Thank you Dr. Vincent!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2019

Saw Dr Vincent at the suggestion of my dermatologist to discuss ways to treat precancers. The office is BEAUTIFUL and he was right on time. After examining my skin, he explained options and what was involved. Clearly knows what he is doing - after he did my fraxel treatment my skin is so smooth and even !!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

Overall great experience at Pacific Derm with Dr Richer. I had to rebook my appointment because of personal commitments and the receptionist was accommodating on the phone. Dr Richer has a great personality and keeps you relaxed and laughing during the appointment. He talked me out of doing an invasive procedure and I am pleased with the result of what he proposed.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

not at UBC anymore. gone private, if you have a medical issue good luck getting an appointment. its shameful what is happening with our medical system and dermatology especially. you want botox and cosmetic crap no problem. its seems these doctors dont really want the challenge of medical dermatology there is no money in it.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2019

Dr. Vincent Richer

Dr. Vincent Richer's response
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. Though Dr Richer has moved his practice from Skin Care Centre to Pacific Derm, he maintains his commitment to the University of British Columbia as Clinical Instructor and Director of Medical Education. Medical dermatology visits at Pacific Derm are fully covered by the Medical Service Plan. Dr Richer's practice profile, which is divided between medical and cosmetic dermatology as well as research, remains largely unchanged ; he assesses and treats up to 150 medical dermatology patients per week, and all existing patients from Skin Care Centre with an active medical dermatology issue have been offered to transfer to the Pacific Derm practice in early 2019. Through this transitional time, countless existing medical patients have been seen at Pacific Derm and continue to be treated. As with the majority of specialist appointments, patients who have not been seen for more than 6 months or who develop a new issue must be referred back to the practice by their primary care provider and are then offered expedited appointments based on availability. We share your frustration with long wait times for dermatology appointments in British Columbia - Dr Richer is actively involved in training medical students and dermatology residents as a medium-to-long term solution to this complex issue.

Submitted August 4, 2019

Dr. Vincent Richer is very professional. He is very knowledgeable, keeps you calm and relax . He exceeded my expectations!Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2019

Dr. Vincent RICHER is a wonderful dermatologist. Not only is he charismatic and personable, but he is incredibly knowledgable and professional. I have struggled with acne my entire life (I am 28 now). I have tried countless treatments with multiple dermatologists and nothing seemed to work. I was initially wary about using Accutane because I had only heard about the harsh negative side effects. Dr. RICHER reassured me during the consultation that under close observation, it could be used successfully with minor side effects. He provided me with a handout that answered all my other questions. I went on the Accutane and my skin has completely cleared. The only side effect that I experienced was extremely dry lips. I am very happy with the end result, I still cannot believe that this is my skin. I would highly recommend Dr. RICHER as a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2019

Dr. Vincent Richer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Richer is a clinical instructor appointed to the University of British Columbia’s Department of Dermatology and Skin Science. He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, the Canadian Association of Dermatology, the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and the American Society for Dermatological Surgery. Dr. Richer completed both his medical doctorate (2009) and dermatology residency training (2014) at the Université de Montréal. His research interests during training included psoriasis and severe drug reactions, and he was awarded the Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal Resident Excellence award. He completed his fellowship training in photobiology and cutaneous laser surgery at the University of British Columbia and was later recruited by the Vancouver General Hospital Skin Care Centre. Dr Richer is active in medical and aesthetic dermatology and is especially involved in ultraviolet phototherapy , laser surgery and photodynamic therapy. He is active in publishing his research and has co-authored a book chapter in a leading dermatology textbook. He is involved in teaching his specialty to medical students, residents and primary care physicians. He was awarded the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teaching Award during his first year of practice.

• English
  • French

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2015)
  • Universite de Montreal (Grad. 2014)