Ratings for Dr. Tyler Maltman

I am so happy I saw this doctor. I had a rash for over 2 years and I was always just prescribed different creams. He actually did a biopsy of it and figured out what it was! Finally it is getting better now I have seen the dermatologist and took the right medicine.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

He is the best doctor I have ever had! Polite, thorough and called me about my test results right away. The clinic staff were also kind. I hope that I have him again if I even have to go back to the walk in clinic when my regular doctor is busy.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

this useless moron missed obvious symptoms of a serious condition (THAT IS VISIBLE) that actually required surgery to be remedied. Did the most half assed throat swab, seemed totally disinterested in anything that had to do with my health. Staff at this clinic is nice, though. I suppose he was "on time" as well.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

He is such a kind and helpful young man! I took my mom there who lives on her own and he diagnosed her with pneumonia. Since she was having trouble taking her medication he even got a nurse to come to her house to help her. I didn't even know that something like that was an option. I was impressed that he actually took time to examine my mom and wanted to see her for a second appointment to make sure she was getting better which was very comforting.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Depression is something I have had for so long I was used to every doctor I saw just giving me my pills and getting out of the room as fast as they could. I have to go to walk in clinics a lot because my regular doctor is so busy. I couldn't believe it when Dr. Maltman actually wanted to ask me about my depression and what else helped me other than just my meds! Thanks to him I have started to make changes to my diet. I had no idea that food could affect my depression. Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I had a horrible cut on my face from hockey. I didn't want to wait hours in the ER so I went to the 8th st mediclinic and was so happy I got to see a doctor fast. Dr. Maltman did a great job fixing my cut! I would definitely go back to see him again

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I went to 8th Street Mediclinic after a bad fall on the ice and had x-rays taken. The doctor I originally saw told me to come back if it didn't get better in 3 weeks. My ankle didn't get better, so I came back as a walk-in patient and saw Dr. Maltman, assuming that this was best since this clinic had my x-rays for him to review. Dr. Maltman didn't review my x-rays and barely looked at my ankle, dismissing me saying it "wasn't objectively swollen". I told him that I couldn't do my normal activities (such as going to the gym) and he told me to just do yoga, but my ankle was so painful and limited that I couldn't even do yoga. Luckily when I went to my family physician next she took me seriously and ordered tests that has now lead to the discovery of two completely ruptured ligaments that need to be surgically repaired. My surgeon told me that just by looking at how my ankle flops inwards that it was obvious that my ligaments were torn. I understand that ankle sprains happen all the time, but I just wish Dr. Maltman had taken mine more seriously.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

nice doctor, very knowledgeable and approacheable. I had a very pleasant moment being his patient

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Maltman is a nice young doctor who really knows his stuff. He will not give you inappropriate antibiotic treatment like some other doctors do. If you are interested in seeing someone who is educated by the latest guidelines and who can also counsel you about preventive medicine this is the guy! If you are interested in having your false beliefs coddled, see someone else.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Friday June 26, 2015 evening I sat in a patient room for 25 minutes while Dr. Tyler Maltman was yaking outside my door. There were three people in the waiting room. He misdiagnosed me according to my pharmacist. I have had a bacterial flu since Monday June 8th. Dr. Maltman insisted I had a viral flu. He checked me over superficially and did not take a throat culture. He said my eyes were clear, although there was a film over my right eye. HE SENT ME HOME WITH NOTHING. Also, after examining me, he did not wash his hands thoroughly. He ran his hands through a trickle of water. Saturday June 27, I went to the Laurier Drive Emergency Clinic. The nice doctor diagnosed me with a bacterial flu and gave me penicillin. Saturday evening: I have taken three penicillin pills and my lungs have cleared up by 90%.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Tyler Maltman's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Delta Dental