Dr. Salman Jivani

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Salman Jivani

I first walked into River Valley Dental as a reluctant (emergency) patient about 3 months ago, scared out of my mind thanks to a couple of different Edmonton-area alleged dentists who just wanted a quick buck. I couldn't imagine then that by walking into River Valley Dental, Dr. Jivani and his staff would completely change my mind about dentists and dental work, as well as save my life. Dr Jivani fixed my badly broken molar with incredible skill, gentleness, calmness, and professionalism. He took my concerns seriously, he listened, he sympathized, he treated me like a human being. He somehow salvaged the 4 badly broken pieces of my molar, put them back together, then finished off by making the tooth look so natural that even one of his own dental assistants at a later appointment thought it was 100% my own tooth. I didn't even need a root canal. By fixing that molar (and preventing bone infection, blood infection, and worse), he saved my life. I'd been trying to find a dentist who would accept AISH coverage for dental work for almost a month, and no dentist I'd seen during that month had even bothered to clean my broken molar, so when I say the tooth was a mess, I mean it. Dr Jivani found several other teeth were also broken (he took real-time mega-zoom photos and showed them to me, and showed me x-rays), and seemed to almost feel worse than I did that I needed more work. He never pressured me or made up a schedule, but I wanted to ride my sudden good luck as far as possible, so I booked two appointments a week for several weeks. I took cancellations, mostly, including last minute cancellations because it's a busy office and the word's already out Dr Jivani is an amazing dentist. Btw, my molars were broken thanks to my metal fillings expanding and contracting over time, destroying my teeth from the inside out. I saw this for myself in x-rays and photos. Needless to say, I now have over a dozen white (non metal) fillings. Each one of my appointments was long and required a tremendous amount of skill and work, in part because it's a long, difficult process to get the toxic metal out of teeth using a special process that reputable dentists use, and then replacing all of the metal with white fillings. So, having spent so many hours at this office, I feel I learned a lot about Dr Jivani and staff. As for the building: it's easy to find, and is on a major bus route. There's parking underground, however I parked legally in disabled parking at the back of the building and didn't use the underground parking. I believe the clearance height for the underground parking is only about 6'3", so some SUVs, etc might not fit. As for Dr Jivani: I consistently found him to be extremely professional, polite, empowering, pleasant, kind, hard-working, and basically a miracle worker (my teeth were in very tough shape thanks to very poor work done by previous dentists, as well as those dreaded metal fillings). He never pressured me in any way to get any work done, he made it clear he would stop immediately at any time if I felt uncomfortable or was in any pain, he listened to me, treated me like a human being, and went way out of his way to accommodate me and my needs. He's unlike any other dentist I've ever encountered and I can honestly say he is not just an exceptional dentist but an exceptional human being. He even spends his vacations in third world countries as a volunteer doing dental work for people who probably don't even know what a dentist is... so when I say he's an exceptional human being, I really mean it. He and his staff easily accommodate someone who uses a quad cane (me), someone on the autism spectrum (again, me (Aspergers)), and latex, novocaine, and peanut allergies (yep, me three for three). He sees patients who have MS, as well as other health issues, and welcomes patients from 1 to 101+. The dental drills are lower noise (not the high-pitched ones). Sedation is available. The receptionists, dental assistants, & the hygienist are professional, kind, & really go the extra miles! @ThePinataTheory

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

The all staff members were very friendly and helpful

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Very kind, compassionate and knowledgeable! Would recommend him to friends and family!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Jivani seems very professional, patient, kind and takes a lot of time to explain things properly. All the staff members were very nice and helpful too! Can strongly recommend the Strathcona Dental Choice clinic.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Short and simple, Dr. Jivani knows his stuffs. Staffs seem to be self aware, which I think is a pretty good combination for a positive experience.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I was immediately impressed with the time he took to freeze the area he worked on. Never even felt the needle go in.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Had my first root canal done by Dr. Jivani. He was so kind and so patient. I am always sedated for dental procedures due to my anxiety, but he was great with giving me time to get sedated and listening to my concerns. He was very gentle with the needle. I cannot recommend Strathcona Dental Choice, and all the dentists there (Dr. Jivani, Dr. Martin, Dr. Dave) enough (the hygienists are wonderful as well). They are the most competent, professional and kindest dentists I have ever experienced. I have horrible dentist anxiety, to the point where as a kid, I would run out of a clinic with a filling half done because I got so overwhelmed. I'm not scared to go to the dentist now, because I know they listen to me, and give exceptional care.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Very gentle with my fillings. Dr Jivani was light with his hands and I was comfortable

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Efficient, relaxed, and great dentist. Even during my first visit, he made me feel comfortable, as if I'd known him a long time. Had a filling done by him yesterday. Although I've always been anxious about fillings (in particular the freezing) he made the experience painless and calming, and my bite is still perfectly aligned. Great dentist. The receptionists and dental hygienists are friendly, welcoming, efficient, and the hygienists do great work. Always on time, super kind and accommodating. I didn't know I could actually ENJOY going to the dentist, but now I do.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Amazing dentist - expert, efficient, sensitive, makes the dental experience such a good one. This whole clinic/staff deserves five stars! You can tell that Dr. Jivani and his staff enjoy their work, and strive for excellence.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Salman Jivani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English