Ratings for Dr. Roxana Popa

She created a long list of work to be done on my teeth totalling over $10,000. She told me this must be paid immediately. When she realized I had no money, she basically said I was pathetic and made me feel ashamed to be alive. I went on to think about how to solve this problem over the next 3 years. I had nightmares every night thinking my teeth would fall out...I even considered suicide as a way out. Finally I went to see another dentist and showed him the long list of work she had gave me. He took an xray of my teeth and was surprised to see that I didn't need of any of this work. He called 3 other dentists into his office and they all agreed it was a scam and she should be reported to the college. It is sad to see she is still out there scamming people. You have to also careful about this website...This website removes real reviews at the dentist's request.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

Dr. Popa created a list of work that needed to be done on my teeth. When I asked questions, she told me I was rude and became very angry! The earlier work that she had done on both my daughter and I had to be completed again by another dentist because of problems. My new dentist found no further work needed to be completed, although Dr Popa was recommending several procedures were needed to fix my teeth. I will never recommend this very poor dentist.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2019

Dr. Roxana Popa

Dr. Roxana Popa's response
Hi there. It seems that every few months someone leaves a nasty review and we take a look at all of our patients to see who we might have disappointed. Each time we are at a loss because I go out of my way to ensure that any issue is taken care of, if there is a solution. Pain in a tooth can be fixed. Wrong and bad work can also be fixed. That just doesn't sound like what I do. I find it strange that we have glowing reviews followed by something so nasty that it almost seems like you didn't see me. If you truly had a problem there is no way I wouldn't fix it because I do care and have no problem admitting mistakes. I am human like everyone else and my excellent reputation has not been built because I am perfect, but because of how I handle things when they don't go perfectly. I take care of my patients. That's what I do. This person you are describing isn't me. If this was a rating for one of the other doctors here I would appreciate knowing so that I can address it with them and hopefully fix it for you. If this was indeed left for me then I believe that you are not actually a patient of mine, but rather someone with an agenda. Rate MD has investigated and removed a number of posts because they were not posted by patients. PS I would be more than happy to address your issues if you are actually a patient of mine. Please call us and let's get you happy again.

Submitted February 4, 2019

Very thorough, always informative, and genuinely feel like I am being taken care of. I never wait longer than I should for my appointment which is important to me. I've been a long time patient of Dr. Popa and have converted my whole family. Carol M.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Just completed my Invisalign with Dr. Popa and it took a little over 12 months as my case was a little more complicated to say the least. At first I was hesitant about it with the cost and all, but boy am I sure glad I went ahead with it. I’m getting married this fall and I cannot be more thankful for my new smile.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Just had a root canal, three crowns and some gum treatment and everything was smooth as silk. Everyone in Oshawa Dentist, knows their place and exactly what to do and how to do it. It’s a finely tuned machine, her office. Kudos Dr. Popa on a great practice!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

I have had several bad experiences with dentist (ex. dentist breaking my other front tooth, pulling my tooth without anesthesia) when I was a child, so I really do not like going to the dentist. But, Dr. Popa changed my views. She is very caring and friendly. I like how she takes the time to listen to me, and gives me information. She gives advise based on your needs, and not based on cost. If you do not need stuff done, she will tell you that you don't need it. I had one filling done which looks great. I will have more things done later on. I think that many health/dental care professionals can learn from Dr. Popa on how to treat patients. Also, the office is at an excellent location, close to the 401. It is a nice, clean, and comfortable office. The receptionists are very nice as well.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

I've read some of these reviews and shake my head in disbelief. My wife was a past president of a financial firm and I sat on the board of three different corporations. We are both very highly educated people who have had a long and arduous upbringing. Being past patients of Dr. Sciuk, who is wonderful, have found Dr. Popa extremely knowledgeable, pleasant and truthful. She assessed my wife and I very thoroughly and we listened attentively to what she had to say. Yes, it was difficult to listen to our aging complications but what she stated was true and concise. She also let use know that not everything needed to be done. Everything was a step-by-step process dealing with most important first. Being aware and armed with this information we went to get a second opinion at another office. Her assessment was 97% correct of the what the other doctor stated . Even though he confirmed all the work required, their prices were 10% over designated fees. We went back to Dr. Popa who has been working with us for the past 6 months. Truth stands strong, shows character, builds confidence and trust. She is very gentle with her work but is very direct with any serious problems you may have. Some people cannot handle the truth, we have been trained in this manner. I will take her discipline and dedication to professional standards over any dentist that tries short conversation of 'how the weather is today' or ' how my car is running'. Simple pleasantries seem to win over many people but at the end of the day, dentistry is an expensive requirement and my wife and I do prefer a REAL professional in our mouths over someone who is only practicing! Our commendations go out you Dr. Popa. It's refreshing to have a true professional watching over us. Thank you, M & H Aiken

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

After several visits with Dr. Popa, my initial feeling is unchanged. Aggressive and rude, poor chairside manner. The staff is amazing but she seems a poor fit for the “gentle dentistry” the office used to advertise.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Lovely personality and very meticulous when it comes to my teeth! She lets you know what she finds wrong and the steps to improve your dental health. I really like having a dentist wanting what is best for me!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

They are the nicest, most professional dental Tran. All the staff are friendly and gentle and Dr. Popa is terrific!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr. Roxana Popa's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients